VF-25 Super / Armored Parts advice..

spanner

Howdy folks!

I am after a little advice regarding Super & Armored parts for the VF-25 (renewal) range of Valkyrie..

Haven't really ever been a huge fan of super parts as I have always much preferred a clean & light look. Of my current (wee) collection of 31 Valkrie only my VE-1 is fitted with super parts purely so I can display it with the radar dome attached, faithful to the anime.

But lately they have been growing on me somwhat so I had been considering purchasing a set of super or armored parts for maybe one or two of my VF-25 to kinda mix things up a little bit!

I own one of each of the Frontier set of VF-25's and was thinking if I do buy a set or two then most likely I would want to display them with the parts in fighter mode.. or maybe Battroid if it looks cool enough.

Therefore my question to you guys with all your vast Valkyrie experience is which of the add on parts sets do you think looks the best!? Of course I know I can make up my own mind but was just wondering what everyone else likes / dislikes or could recommend etc.. Also they are releasing the Tornado parts for the VF-25 soon and they look kinda cool too so do I wait for them to come out!?

Gahhh.. too much choice and confusion.. I need chocolate.

So yeah I'd really appreciate your thoughts & suggestions towards this!

spanner76

B))

Edited by spanner76

I prefer battroid mode and not with lots of plastic obscuring the sleek robot form so therefore I have only Super Parts on my VF-25A which is the only one of my VF-25's that are kept in fighter mode.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Armor and Super comparison.

559868_10151313606842861_755956710_n.jpg

GERWALK mode not bad either.

733794_10151361865307861_1572074173_n.jp

Personally I would like both Ozma and Alto to have armoured parts and Michael in Tornado and Luca in super. I missed the boat on Alto's armor so it will get the Tornado instead. Btw Alto super does not have clip built in for its hip armor. Both Michael and Luca have those clips.

Ozma in Armor parts looks bad ass! Great photos! Thanks for that! So far whats winning is Ozma in Armor Battroid and 25A in Super fighter!

I like Luca in clean fighter, not sure about Alto or Michael yet..

Although Michael does look awesome in Battroid with Supers! But the crotch piece looks a little like an afterthought being that lighter color.. (photo belongs to MW member TCracker)

Might then leave the 25A bare..

post-21335-0-89416600-1404217635_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

ooohhh sooo much super goodness!! Thanks mate!

Love Ozma in Armors! And how cool is the VF-25A pose with the knife in hand! Looks sweet as!

Ok so I liked the look of Michael in supers battroid that I went and bought the super parts set from Mandarake.. Hopefully its still available and I get the order confirmation & payment email soon..

Still looking at something else for something else if you get my drift! ;) just not sure what yet..

Edited by spanner76

I love the look of all the option parts on the VF-25's. It's hard for me to pick which would be my favorite. I have Super Parts for all my Valkyries and I bought a set of the Armored Part for my Alto and Ozma. The Tornado Parts will be released in July for Alto and August for Michael, check those out too.

Prices for the Alto parts have gone up quite a bit Super ($150) and Armored ($200 - $250) , Ozma Armored parts ($180 - $200), Super ($60), Michael still at retail or below, Luca Super ($100) and CF is at retail.

13685889763_dc7e41ed6e_b.jpg

13707549994_1fa55a0da3_b.jpg

10666021373_2e41809622_b.jpg

13707550994_659586236d_b.jpg

10064796994_6b249061dd_b.jpg

13964415124_b0cc87d32b_b.jpg

13965147954_943f87b307_b.jpg

13964414934_7661ebe37e_b.jpg

14023964317_5a915379a9_b.jpg

14208107742_d411eb331c_b.jpg

14230715823_202651c71e_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

For Ozzy : Supers near retail because he only wears them in one episode. The Armored set is preferred but goes for a premium

For Alto : I've seen the supers go for more than the armored parts at times O_o. If you don't wanna pay a premium you can always grab the upcoming tornados this month

For Michael : Supers are still at Retail, tornados coming up soon. Honestly the supers look better on him.

Luca : Stuck with Supers only, have to buy at least one set for the drones unless somebody else is willing to sell them

25A : Supers only, still easy to find at retail and totally worth it.

Here's some examples of valks in various modes with various armor sets

WP_20140701_12_02_10_Pro_zps5a5f14a8.jpg

WP_20140701_12_03_16_Pro_zps151b453d.jpg

WP_20140701_12_04_09_Pro_zpse5c0d749.jpg

WP_20140701_12_04_43_Pro_zps12cefc05.jpg

WP_20140701_12_11_21_Pro_zpse596dde8.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Just... wow.

Thank you sir. I've been very fortunate to have them.

Did I read somewhere that you were in the UK? I realise your location says otherwise but thought I'd check.

Apologies if I've confused you with someone else.

Edited by The Old Man

Geez some of you guys have amazing collections of multiples!! Would love to have display options like that!

Some crazy cool photos guys!! Awesome stuff!

Think I'll definitely get Armors for Ozma and buy a Tornado set for Alto when they release! That way I will have all 3 variations of parts on display!

But then leave it at that I think.. I do still like to have a few looking clean. And also cap the money spend..

Just... wow.

Did I read somewhere that you were in the UK? I realise your location says otherwise but thought I'd check.

Apologies if I've confused you with someone else.

Will be in the UK for the duration of my phd study. Hopefully I will survive it. :unsure:

Am I the only one hearing voices when I look at Saburo's photos... :ph34r:

"BUY ME! BUY ME! BUY ME NOW!!!" :lol:

Me too! But my bank account reminds me otherwise. :(

I will say I wish I had bitten for the Alto Super Packs when they were first available. I never really cared for the look of the Supers, though I do own a pair for one of my A's and my G, but I do like the combined look of the Armor from the Supers crossed with the Tornado Packs. But I only found out about those later.

Anyone know of any pre-orders still open for the Alto Tornado parts?

Sorry spanner, I think that all of the Alto Tornado parts pre-orders are closed now. I am pretty sure it will be available when it releases, the G and RVF Super Parts were available for a while after they released.

What David said.

I have super parts for all of frontier valks and the armour for Ozma.

My main complaint with the armor is that it's top heavy, and if you decide to display the Valk in battroid mode with the armor on , you really need to place the figure on the stand to support the added weight. The figure wants to fall on it's back if its standing on its own feet.

My main complaint with the armor is that it's top heavy, and if you decide to display the Valk in battroid mode with the armor on , you really need to place the figure on the stand to support the added weight. The figure wants to fall on it's back if its standing on its own feet.

I only just read a similar comment on a review a few hours back! My display cabinets don't have the height to have them setup on the stands in Battroid.. I guess I could always let the valk gently rest up against the glass side or back.

Sucks about the pre-orders so I'll hopefully pick one up when they release.

Looking around for the Ozma armor parts, there are a few sets around but they are super expensive.. :(

I've kind of plotted my VF-25 purchases with future displays in mind (no room yet.. but someday), specifically so I can get a nice range of display types without too much clutter.. so far, my plan is this:

1 armored Alto in fighter

1 armored Ozma in battroid

1 bare Alto in fighter (with Ranka in the back seat)

1 tornado packed Michael in fighter

1 super Luca in fighter (possibly gerwalk)

1 VF-25A in fighter

1 VF-25A in battroid (possibly with a spare set of Luca super packs)

I basically picked up at least one of each exclusive pack, so I can mix and match them some. In hindsight, I wish I'd waited to get the VF-25A brownie packs, but I grabbed a second set of Luca's packs instead. On the plus side though, I don't think the green will look bad on the 25A, and I get a spare set of Ghosts to mess with (probably will be heavily modding one and painting it red).

I might switch out the armored Alto for a tornado pack, or a super in battroid, posed with the rifle over his shoulder. :p And if they ever release the VF-25G again, I'll pick another up, and have him posed for sniping with super packs. And I'd probably pick up another Ozma as well, if that ever happens, but dunno if I'd use the super packs for him, or just display him in bare fighter mode.

Oh, and the YF-25 will be in fighter FOR-EV-ER. ^_^