Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Yup. Especially compared to last year's prices. I would get it but that's just me. Sure there's Bandai's advance but I like the way this one looks more, especially the brown original colored one.

Edited by wmkjr

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yup. Especially compared to last year's prices. I would get it but that's just me. Sure there's Bandai's advance but I like the way this one looks more, especially the brown original colored one.

ah ok, i went ahead and got it, and it's the tan/brown ones :wub: thanks for the input

Guest davidwhangchoi

Where did you find a set?

personal contact who found it for me. one of a kind stuff he occasionally runs by me. it's a "take it or leave it" situation where if i pass, i'll never see it again. but it's usually high price stuff. so i have to contemplate if it's worth paying or not. it's not something i can offer to someone if i pass since it's high demand stuff that he's giving me first dibs before selling it to others waiting in line for it.

personal contact who found it for me. one of a kind stuff he occasionally runs by me. it's a "take it or leave it" situation where if i pass, i'll never see it again. but it's usually high price stuff. so i have to contemplate if it's worth paying or not. it's not something i can offer to someone if i pass since it's high demand stuff that he's giving me first dibs before selling it to others waiting in line for it.

I understand. Thanks for the clarification, David :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I understand. Thanks for the clarification, David :)

yeah, no prob, if i ever see something avail at retail i'll pm and give you a heads up.

I wish my VF-19Advance had those shoulder parts... I want opening missile bays... :(

i actually was going to ask if the vf-19 had the micro missile bays on the shoulder armor for bandai, but i guess it doesn't

My contact "friend" stiffed me on these :lol:. He was supposed to go to WF, but he was being a lazy bastard and did not want to compete with the lines..

that's what happened last year. my contact, the same guy that just sold me a set last night, last year he didn't go as he said he would so i got stiffed but this year i didn't ask him and he emailed me out of the blue.

i actually was going to ask if the vf-19 had the micro missile bays on the shoulder armor for bandai, but i guess it doesn't .

Alas, it does not. It's heavy on the transformation detail and gimmicks, but stingy on the others we'd like to see. The one good one you get is an opening leg bay with a missile, which is nice. The nice little 10 second cameo didn't give us a ton to go on for what those shoulder packs do, so T-Rex I guess just assumed they were missile packs like on the VF-25, while bandai, it would seem, figured they were something else. The bandai parts are two piece which is odd to me since the CGI model showed no such joint.

They are also fairly small pieces, which don't allow for a lot of space to hide the mechanisms required for an arm or opening missile door.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

The Bandai pieces are also shaped nothing like what was seen in the animation. :p The T-Rex parts actually cover the entire shoulder joint, which looks much more accurate.

It's true. Still, I didn't buy my VF-19Advance for the super parts, I bought it for the slick transformation and excellent poseability. It would be nice to have some screen accurate shoulder pieces, with the missile launcher gimmick and the swing arm, to replace the bitsy bandai parts.

My problem is that I did buy a couple of the 19 Advance because I did miss out on these. One of the biggest selling points for me was that it included the frontier style packs for fighter mode, I don't care for them hanging off the wing in battroid mode. Once I the gap in the wing root and tab sticking out I was highly disappointed, I was already worried about the gap in the back by the shield. I wish my buddy did not stiff me on getting these parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try asking Murphy. He has a gallery with the parts. I think he said he used paper clips for the rods (maybe they're 1.5mm) and it looks like you need screws and washers though I don't know what size.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

So I went ahead and did it.

It is a pretty set. A gigantic pain, but pretty.

Here is a work in progress.

nice build ritt0r! i have a set in the same color, can you show what you used to build it? are they the same exact parts in murphy's photos? (murphy's came with a few items, i think washers, mine didn't come with jack and i need a pin vice to drill missing holes)

Mine came with nothing at all. No pins, no washers, and a lot of headaches.

The biggest issue i am having is the fact that the actually thrusters are loose on the ball joints.

As for the the pins i used 17 gauge nails that i cut and dremmeled into working ability.

My Guy went MIA on me including my Blue Roses and Metal Siren, Anyone have some free time to do commission work? I need someone who won't go missing and run off with my stuff.

Oh no...not the Blue Roses...

Was it just the 002 VF-1S?

Kicker, if you find somebody, let me know. I still need someone to do my Blue Roses squad too...