1yr anniversary toy collecting & joining MW

Saburo

Not sure where to post this, if this is wrong area I apologize in advance to the mods.

June marks my 1 year anniversary of Macross toy collecting and joining MW.

I wanted to say to all of the MW members, you are all awesome! All of your posts, knowledge and advice have helped me greatly as I grew my collection. I hope I am able to help all of you as much as you have helped me.

Thank you everyone! Although my bank account isn't as happy about it. LOL

My first valk was the YF-29 30th Memorial Edition and one year later it grew to this.

14297595847_5b1b41c436_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Wow... Nice Job!!!

Thanks EXO, had to give up some hobbies for Macross but it was well worth it... LOL

Great roundup. The lone yf-19 feels lonely without other non-frontier planes. Lol

Thanks! I forgot to place a 1/144 VF-1S for the picture so the YF-19 wouldn't be lonely. haha

Edited by Saburo

Great job collecting.

Congratulations.

P.S: you need a detolf.

Thank you and I am currently trying to figure out a display solution.

Wow.. nice dood!

Thanks!

Congrats and that's an awesome collection for only having a year under your belt!

And thanks for those amazing pics you post.

-b.

Thank you, and I really appreciate your kind words about my photos. I'll keep posting them, next up for photoshoot is the YF-25 as soon as it arrives.

It's an ok start. I guess...

:) I need to find a Yamato DYRL VF-1S Super Roy and Hikaru.

Thank you and I am currently trying to figure out a display solution.

Thanks!

Thank you, and I really appreciate your kind words about my photos. I'll keep posting them, next up for photoshoot is the YF-25 as soon as it arrives.

:) I need to find a Yamato DYRL VF-1S Super Roy and Hikaru.

I feel ya. I want to get rid of my 1/48's and get all 1/60. Then I look at Kicker's collection and think maybe I want to keep them.

I feel ya. I want to get rid of my 1/48's and get all 1/60. Then I look at Kicker's collection and think maybe I want to keep them.

That's a touch call, I myself want to stick with the 1/60s, and getting in late in Macross collecting the 1/60 was the established scale. If I had started early on I would have probably bought the 1/48s also. Also Kicker's collection is something to behold... Valkyrie Magnus collection is amazing too, but I have only seen a few pics of it.

Maybe one day I'll post in the wanted section for Yamato DRYL VF-1S Super: Roy and Hikaru.

Edited by Saburo

Happy Anniversary BTW! I'm sure the people just joining us now are in for a shock! lol.

Thank you, its good to be a part of this great community. I wonder what the next year will bring... a lighter wallet is for sure.

Edited by Saburo

So colorful :wub:

As much as I wish that there are more low viz schemes, when you have them all together like that, I can't help but admire the colorful schemes that Kawamori allows for in his show.

Pretty awesome set!

Yeah It's such a great community. I had only been a member for 3 months when I went to Japan and Bariaburu_Faita and Hebime took the day to show me and my wife around Osaka to all the best collectable stores. Everyone here is always nice and ready to help out, answer any questions with all their varied knowledge and help find the best deals.

Edited by happy_spike

So colorful :wub:

As much as I wish that there are more low viz schemes, when you have them all together like that, I can't help but admire the colorful schemes that Kawamori allows for in his show.

Yes, its nice to have the variance in colors with all the fighters, its to the point I don't even notice it anymore. :)

Pretty awesome set!

Yeah It's such a great community. I had only been a member for 3 months when I went to Japan and Bariaburu_Faita and Hebime took the day to show me and my wife around Osaka to all the best collectable stores. Everyone here is always nice and ready to help out, answer any questions with all their varied knowledge and help find the best deals.

Thank you. That is exactly is what makes this community so great! :D

Congrats man! Good haul for a year. Enjoyed your toy photography as well! Keep it up. Oh and definitely get more Yamatos. :)

Thank you, glad you like the photos and I will keep posting. I have asked friend/MW member if I can take some pics of some of the rare Valks he has. I'll definitely post those. Yamatos are on the list to acquire. :)

awesome, i second on the yamatos

Thanks, I am doing my research, learning about all the different Yamato releases and it looks like the DRYLs are the ones I want to get. I don't need to have all the variants, Roy and Hikaru VF-1S Super/Strike will be enough for now. :D

Edited by Saburo

Lovely collection so far! Keep on collecting! Are you going to get any Valks from the earlier series? A few VF-19's and VF-1's mixed in there would be nice!

Thank you, and yes I am planning to get VF-1's, and VF-0's probably not VF-19's though since I am not a big fan of M7. I focused on Frontier valks because are more readily available and can be found for decent prices, now I move on to the Yamato's... :)

Yeah.. and don't forget the big ship as well

for the veritech to return to :p

Cool collection there bro...

Thank you, that's on my list too. :)

that is a great one year :D

Thank you, it is nice having a toy or 2 arriving every month, its like 12 months of Christmas. LOL

Saburo, that's a lot of Valks for just one year of collecting! Congrats on your collection and it's always a pleasure seeing your professional photos.

I went a bit overboard on purchases, one of them was given as a present to me from my friends. Thank you, its my pleasure to post photos (I have to justify my other hobby of photography somehow) and I am glad you like them.

What an awesome year for you!

T_T I wish I have that kind of collection.

Thanks close313, it was a fun year for Macross purchases, I'll need to tone it down now... maybe... ;)

*snip*

Thanks close313, it was a fun year for Macross purchases, I'll need to tone it down now... maybe... ;)

Ha, ha, ha - "maybe". I know what happens every time I tell myself I'm going to tone it down, a higher credit card bill or lower bank account balance.

Good luck!

-b.

Ha, ha, ha - "maybe". I know what happens every time I tell myself I'm going to tone it down, a higher credit card bill or lower bank account balance.

Good luck!

-b.

LOL! The "maybe" was put in there for a reason, so I can say didn't commit to what I said. I already know I won't be toning it down that much. :D I also want to get a new camera before the end of the year though. ;)

Edited by Saburo

Nice collection. You have very good photographing skill as well on your other posts.

In my case, I gave up (upgraded) plastic modelling for this toy. I see VB-06 soon?

Keep it up!

P.S. We share the same birthday date. 23rd June.

Edited by KH355hamdi

Very nice collection. I can see your waiting for the tornado parts for the F and G to complete your Frontier SMS collection. Any plans to add the 171s? Your YF-19 is pretty lonely. Will you make plans for a YF-21 and 11B? I don't why, but I have this weird feeling that the YF-21 may get an Arcadia revisit after the 0D.

You're welcome!

Present tomorrow? Nice. So, PROPHECY fulfilled eh? ;)

Yes,the Prophecy will be fulfilled. haha

Nice collection. You have very good photographing skill as well on your other posts.

In my case, I gave up (upgraded) plastic modelling for this toy. I see VB-06 soon?

Keep it up!

P.S. We share the same birthday date. 23rd June.

Thank you! I gave up collecting most TF (I only collect combiners now), and Gunpla.

Yes, the VB-06 was on my list to hunt down, but now Bandai has made much easier for me to get. :) The hard part now it balancing toy collecting and getting new photography gear. :unsure:

Happy MW Birthday to you too!

Very nice collection. I can see your waiting for the tornado parts for the F and G to complete your Frontier SMS collection. Any plans to add the 171s? Your YF-19 is pretty lonely. Will you make plans for a YF-21 and 11B? I don't why, but I have this weird feeling that the YF-21 may get an Arcadia revisit after the 0D.

Thank you. You are correct, the F and G are waiting for their Tornado parts upgrade. :) My plan was to able to display each variant with the upgrade parts, I am still on the hunt for another G to able to display naked, super and tornado versions, with Alto I am set. I have something I want to try, but I'll save that for when the Tornado parts are released. ;) I like the 171's but the problem with the cracking triangles on the CF version really bothers me. I would bug me to no end know I have a set of 171's and one of them is damaged. I know I can just keep it in fighter mode would be best way to keep them from cracking, for now I have decided not to get 171s but that Luca 171 is really nice... I will eventually get a YF-21 and 11B, I hope Arcadia releases them or I track down Yamato versions, but tracking down Yamato DRYL VF-1S Super/Strike Roy and Hikaru are high on my priority list.

Nice fleet you got there.

Thank you Gakken85! My bank account isn't too happy with them. LOL