Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

I don't think larger orders get prioritised any more. They used to be before a particular release last year during which most people only got their items shipped almost a week after release. I can't remember which one it was but I remember receiving the notice days before most of the other members here because I made a rather large order, which pissed people off. I'm guessing they decided that it's better to upset few customers with large orders than many people with smaller orders. :lol:

FYI, I ordered 10 koenig (it's a group buy, they're not all for me) and I only received the shipping notice AFTER I contacted their customer service rep and made a scene.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Is this guy worth getting? The price seems good and there is a lot of stock on Yahoo Japan.

I am personally not too fond of the design and highly prefer the Destroid Monster.

The Konig is to scale with MacrossF Robot Damashiis, but is it 1/100?

What are the pros and cons of this figure? How much diecast?

Is this guy worth getting? The price seems good and there is a lot of stock on Yahoo Japan.

I am personally not too fond of the design and highly prefer the Destroid Monster.

The Konig is to scale with MacrossF Robot Damashiis, but is it 1/100?

What are the pros and cons of this figure? How much diecast?

The arm piece can crack (not sure if they address this problem with the re-issue ones). The back plate behind the head can be tricky to push down. No landing gears. The ground brace on the back is too high.

Here is mine for comparison with the other Damashi's.

553104_10151331848102861_128338688_n.jpg734886_10151223138397861_1159989116_n.jp28083_10151187932857861_1701935845_n.jpg

Edited by KH355hamdi

The arm piece can crack (not sure if they address this problem with the re-issue ones). The back plate behind the head can be tricky to push down. No landing gears. The ground brace on the back is too high.

Here is mine for comparison with the other Damashi's.

Which piece of the arm? I want to know what to look out for.

Mine is waiting at home. Made it through customs pretty fast.

Edit:

EMJu8wR.jpg

Had a moment to snap a pic and transform to gerwalk. No oily feeling. Hips were very tight, and there was a stress mark before I transformed. This is my first VB-6. Transformation seems easy enough. I have to run, but I will post more pics tonight.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Mine is waiting at home. Made it through customs pretty fast.

Edit:

Had a moment to snap a pic and transform to gerwalk. No oily feeling. Hips were very tight, and there was a stress mark before I transformed. This is my first VB-6. Transformation seems easy enough. I have to run, but I will post more pics tonight.

Looking forward to seeing more pics, does this also mean we might be seeing a yeti adapter for the VB-6 soon? :D

Edited by Saburo

Have some pics!

Thanks for the pics Yeti! Do you have any of the earlier releases? Have you found any other differences/improvements over those in the latest release?

My Monster just got stalled due to the Labor Day holidays. I probably won't see mine until next week. :(

Thanks for the pics Yeti! Do you have any of the earlier releases? Have you found any other differences/improvements over those in the latest release?

My Monster just got stalled due to the Labor Day holidays. I probably won't see mine until next week. :(

This is my first konig. Not sure if this is the same for earlier versions, but keep an eye out for all of the tiny tabs on the leg shroud pieces when getting back into fighter mode. I would imagine it would be easy to snap some off if they are forced together unaligned. The only other issue I was having was getting the destroid head out of the shroud. Felt like I had to force it past the piece behind the head.

Thanks for the sneak peek, CY! Will you be asking for a replacement since it came with the stress mark?

Brouken, I lol'd at your adapted dota reference!

Shukenzero, wonder why your toy had oil on it...

The oil is mold release, I have had mixed results with how much mold release I get between all the different Bandai Macross toys I have bought.

Thanks for the info Loop! Lol I was thinking of packers who were snacking on fries while working!

Hehe, your comment shows our age gap McFly! DoTA wasn't the first game to use that announcer voice. That honor goes to the original Unreal Tournament which I played in the early nineties. Every other series of UT has that as the default announcer voice. Pretty iconic now is it? :D

This is my first konig. Not sure if this is the same for earlier versions, but keep an eye out for all of the tiny tabs on the leg shroud pieces when getting back into fighter mode. I would imagine it would be easy to snap some off if they are forced together unaligned. The only other issue I was having was getting the destroid head out of the shroud. Felt like I had to force it past the piece behind the head.

Thanks for the heads up Yeti! I had been reading about those tabs and the tight head shroud from the reviews of the earlier releases. I will definitely take care transforming my Monster when I get it. ;)

Thanks for the info Loop! Lol I was thinking of packers who were snacking on fries while working!

Wouldn't be the first time! One of my YF-30s had freaking food under the canopy. A clear greasy finger smear before they then sprayed it. :( thankfully this is only grease from the manufacturing process and not lunch

the VB6 looks pretty good Yeti! was that stress mark already there or a result of transformation?

It is a pretty sweet figure. I noticed the stress mark right when I took it out of the box prior to any transformation.

Thanks for the sneak peek, CY! Will you be asking for a replacement since it came with the stress mark?

Shukenzero, wonder why your toy had oil on it...

You are welcome! The stress mark is pretty minor, and I don't think NY has a good track record of working with internationals for returns/exchanges. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the shots Yeti.

No problem!

Hehe, your comment shows our age gap McFly! DoTA wasn't the first game to use that announcer voice. That honor goes to the original Unreal Tournament which I played in the early nineties. Every other series of UT has that as the default announcer voice. Pretty iconic now is it? :D

Thanks for the heads up Yeti! I had been reading about those tabs and the tight head shroud from the reviews of the earlier releases. I will definitely take care transforming my Monster when I get it. ;)

It is a pretty easy transformation, but enjoyable. I don't think I am alone in saying I will be displaying it in gerwalk 99% of the time.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

;)

Hahaha! Yup! In my mind I'll always be 17! XD

Those pics must be huge or they're loading from a server made out of toaster parts :p

Seems to take an eternity to display for me :(

It is a pretty sweet figure. I noticed the stress mark right when I took it out of the box prior to any transformation.

I forgot that two of my YF-30's also have stress marks straight out of the box too.. must be a Bandai factory thing..

I forgot that two of my YF-30's also have stress marks straight out of the box too.. must be a Bandai factory thing..

Kinda sucks on such an expensive toy. Fairly minor compared to some of the QC issues on other releases, though.