Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

I don't have a VB-6 either, but there's no rush to pre-order this right? It will be open right up and past American Black Friday? Just in case it goes on sale then?

I don't have a VB-6 either, but there's no rush to pre-order this right? It will be open right up and past American Black Friday? Just in case it goes on sale then?

While web exclusives are made to order, NY itself is limited to a specific number of orders, based on the number of Tamashii accounts they have.

For this, each account is allowed up to 6 orders only.

So unless demand is relatively high, you should be safe waiting for a bit.

Considering its high price point, doubt it will sell that fast.

On a side note, since it's a web exclusive, chances of a price reduction seems highly unlikely, since NY will be charged the full 23,600 for each order if I'm not wrong?

It's significantly different from a regular release, where retailers aren't charged the MSRP, and any discount given just affects their profit margin.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this aspect.

Just take a quick look from tamashii web. It looks like a little color different and changed stickers. I was hoping Bandai can do some improvement like the following pictures:

Both wings can bend

VB6 1

The whole body face upward

VB6 2

If everything is same to the SP version, I will pass for this monster.

It's pretty confusing that it looks dark brown on the official pictures while dark green on the magazine.

Agreed. Just looking at the pics of it in the display is also confusing. Post #185 on page 6 here. 2 pics, same monsters in display , two different colors. I like the bottom darker color more. Hopefully more people take pics of it in the display. Comparison pics for lazy peeps like me. Sorry for the large pics.

Wings version : SP version:

item_0000010741_b6NYfp8X_08.jpgitem_0000001319_01.jpg

ba38.jpgitem_0000001319_04.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

The color thing really confuses me... Did the König Monster actually have a different color in the movies than in the series? Is there any justification for a greener tint?

I’m one of those that care for anime accuracy and what's "canon" (you always have to use that word loosely when talking about Macross).

Just take a quick look from tamashii web. It looks like a little color different and changed stickers. I was hoping Bandai can do some improvement like the following pictures:

Both wings can bend

The whole body face upward

If everything is same to the SP version, I will pass for this monster.

True that the wings can't go 90 degrees up. At most, you can twist that section about 35-40 degrees upwards.

However, it has no problems facing up in GERWALK mode.

VB-6_GERWALK_06.jpg

VB-6_GERWALK_07.jpg

Isn't the nose art still just stickers like the previous releases had though?

Did a google translate on the product site.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000090075/

Google Translation:

Koenig Monster appeared to soul web shop!

Under the supervision by the director Kawamori, and renew the color ring to form close to the set more.

The new marking of Cheryl Lanka will be printed on the nose sides.

Japanese:

ケーニッヒ・モンスターが魂ウェブ商店に登場!

河森監督による監修の下、より設定に近い形にカラーリングを一新。

またノーズ両側面にはシェリル・ランカの新規マーキングが印刷されます。

If any MW member reads Japanese please verify.

Edited by Saburo

So we are confirming the new tampo and olive drab? Or are we still unsure? Any members perfectly fluent who can help :)

...about to preorder but wanna know for sure.

Edited by xrentonx

So we are confirming the new tampo and olive drab? Or are we still unsure? Any members perfectly fluent who can help :)

...about to preorder but wanna know for sure.

Nose art - tampo print

Color - more olive green than previous brown

• 4 weeks later...

The "Touch and Try" event of the Koning Monster is held today and tomorrow at Tamashii Nations Akiba Showroom.

http://tamashii.jp/special/akiba_sr/booth_guide.html#display

Edited by antibiotictab

Love the konig. So it's a different color, but is there any changes since the last toy?

And does anyone remember how its arms could have different weapons instead of the default missile launcher ones? (those are named grenade crushers I think?)

9WcmbTh.jpg

What is the posibility that bandai does this variant in future?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker