Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Does this have renewal valk quality or the same quality of v1 valks?

Hard to tell since it is a different beast. Check out JoshBs excellent review over at CollectionDX:

The VB-6 has shoulder joints that are prone of developing cracks so maybe the refined the toy for this release.

I believe it's the same toy with new body color (more greenish)/ nose art (new design) and padded price tag

DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VB-6 Koenig Monster list prices

• (Regular Version) 16,800 JPY
  • (SP Ver.) 21,600 JPY
  • Wings of Valkyrie Ver. 23760 JPY

I have the original regular and to be honest my experience with it was not extremely fun. A lot of the transformation reminded me of Yamato's YF-21 transformation. Find the sweet spot here, push a bit those parts together for tolerance, pull that aside a bit for clearance. I wouldn't transform it again. - Also notice how many members said, "i used to have one, but..." - But it is worth buying just for the heft. It has TONS of diecast. It would be my first toy of choice against an intruder who tried to steal my collection. You can even hold it like a weapon without pricking your fingers.

Edited by Dimis

I believe it's the same toy with new body color (more greenish)/ nose art (new design) and padded price tag

DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VB-6 Koenig Monster list prices

• (Regular Version) 16,800 JPY
  • (SP Ver.) 21,600 JPY
  • Wings of Valkyrie Ver. 23760 JPY

Is this the information for the new release? I wonder why the price jumps as much as it does from the regular version to the other 2 versions.

Is this the information for the new release? I wonder why the price jumps as much as it does from the regular version to the other 2 versions.

Probably (one of) the same reasons Arcadia has shown such an increase in price - the local Japanese and global economies and cost to produce these things.

-b.

IYour guess is as good as mine..

• (SP Ver.) 4,800 JPY more than regular for display base + package and decal art + extra labor
  • Wings of Valkyrie Ver. 6,960 JPY more than regular for display base (?) + new color + new package and new decal art + increased labor

Guest davidwhangchoi

IYour guess is as good as mine..

• (SP Ver.) 4,800 JPY more than regular for display base + package and decal art + extra labor
  • Wings of Valkyrie Ver. 6,960 JPY more than regular for display base (?) + new color + new package and new decal art + increased labor

it's to adjust for inflation. the yen is weaker to usd.

I'm looking forward to this one - nicely different, really lends itself to more of a tank/armored vehicle kind of weathering. Especially with all the nicely tampoed markings that Bandai provides!

Edited by wm cheng

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry, quoted wrong post, i was saying the padded price tag is to adjust for inflation, i just compared yen to usd as reference to those living in the states. regardless whether being compared to usd or yuan, the yen globally is weaker.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Isn't it just greed and profiteering? I don't think foreign sales even registers on their radar (especially with the licensing issues) so comparing the yen to foreign currencies is kind of mute. Don't they just cater mostly to sales within Japan?

Isn't it just greed and profiteering? I don't think foreign sales even registers on their radar (especially with the licensing issues) so comparing the yen to foreign currencies is kind of mute. Don't they just cater mostly to sales within Japan?

Comparing to the Yuan is probably valid. These toys are still all made in China, correct?

Prices across the entire hobby industry have been going up. It's hardly a money-grab if it's industry-wide. http://www.hobbyalerts.com/scary-fact-prices-of-figures-rose-80-from-2006-2013/ Here's an article from last year comparing prices of figures from other companies. That's pretty much just the reality of how things are right now.