Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Actually, I think with the special edition version you could choose between the Devil Sheryl or that Ranka, or the the white eyes.

SP version has devil Sheryl tampoed for sure but they did include all of the stickers from the regular release.

I found this scan of the sticker sheet. It looks like it might be from the regular version (I have one, but it's packed away so I can't check at the moment)

vb6_stickers.jpg

(source: http://eyeforthings.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/bandais-dx-chogokin-robot-damashii-vb-6-konig-monster/ )

The person said they removed the eyes already. The third scan from the directions from the link above also show multiple nose art options.

Normal version first release's sticker sheet is what you are seeing here.

Come to think of it, there isn't any version of the Monster with this decal is there?

macrossF_16_02.jpg

That said, I much preferred the Devil Sheryl design.

Also, while I'm not much of a Ranka fan, could someone post that pic with the crude drawing of a "Koenig Ranka" on a warhead ?

Jeeeeezus. While I was joking about a to scale Monster I didn't realize how big it was compared to the fighters. Damn.

Kinda want one now but dat retail price.

It will be alright. Just make it non-transformable 1/60 GERWALK. If Hot toys collector can shell out $$$ for the big 1989 Batmobile and display them, this scale should be alright for Macross hardcores.

Just to clarify, there really is no "plain nose" version for the Bandai VB-6. The one without character art comes with the mouth printed on. The Yamato version is completely plain though.

Straight out of the box. The eyes, Ranka and Sheryl are stickered on.

182390_10151187927782861_1022604237_n.jp

Next to 1/100 transformable VF-25G.

74075_10151187926457861_593520783_n.jpg

It look off-scale here.

VB6Fighter.jpg

Next to 1/60 and 1/100 VF-25F

60748_10151187935292861_1274067873_n.jpg

Edited by KH355hamdi

I've not seen Frontier, so I could be completely wrong - but I thought the "real" VB-6 didn't have landing gear either? That Shuttle Mode was just for spaceflight and re-entry, and it spent any time on the ground in Destroid or Battroid modes?

Sorry I can't link images at the moment but if you do a google image search for "Koenig Monster landing gear" it should be the first image that pops up from robotjapan.com. It was also posted in the old VF-6 Koenig Monster thread here on MW.

Sorry I can't link images at the moment but if you do a google image search for "Koenig Monster landing gear" it should be the first image that pops up from robotjapan.com. It was also posted in the old VF-6 Koenig Monster thread here on MW.

Not very clear but here is the photo.

md2tra.jpg

Come to think of it, there isn't any version of the Monster with this decal is there?

macrossF_16_02.jpg

That said, I much preferred the Devil Sheryl design.

Also, while I'm not much of a Ranka fan, could someone post that pic with the crude drawing of a "Koenig Ranka" on a warhead ?

It completely dwarfs the VF-25... damn that thing is big.

Here's the quote from my review, when I review this new version I'll have lots of measurements and math to satisfy future curiosity.

The cross-badging of the toy as both DX and Robot Spirits indicates it does have metal (a pretty healthy amount used entirely for stronger internals) and it’s largely in scale with the Robot Spirits line. That’s a little confusing since the Robot Spirits line is pretty much considered non-scale. Essentially this toy is roughly 1/110 scale which is still very large.
Edited by jenius

• 1 month later...

Yamato had a prototipe before they went down. It would be too big and just too expensive.

monster-prototype.jpg

If Yamato had this prototype then it might still be sitting around at Arcadia somewhere.. Sheesh could you imagine this thing in 1/60 scale sitting around on display! I'd definitely sell my car (or even myself!) to raise the funds to buy it! Seeing this brought a tear to my eye!