Orguss licensed for release on DVD release only

DVD only? I was hoping that it'd be a blu-ray release, since I already own the ImaginAsian DVD set. But if Discotek redoes the subtitles to make them more faithful and uses physically pressed discs (unlike IA's burned discs), I might be tempted to make the jump again. Though, that largely would depend on the price.

I was hoping Discotek got the BD license but honestly older anime if done well on DVD(nice crisp transfer ala SDF Animeigo) still look pretty nice on my 50" 1080p set.

I am on this day one.

I am going to wait and see. Mostly because my ImaginAsian DVDs still work. :ph34r:

Anime classics on blu-ray are too good for me to pass up. I'll probably start skipping DVD releases, unless the show is a true rarity. If there is a chance that a company will negotiate a BD license down the line, and bring another subtitled HD release to North America, then I'm willing to wait for it.

Edited by technoblue

I was hoping Discotek got the BD license but honestly older anime if done well on DVD(nice crisp transfer ala SDF Animeigo) still look pretty nice on my 50" 1080p set.

I am on this day one.

That set looks like VHS compared to the Japanese BD remaster.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a 2015 release.

More stuff for next year! Super Dimension Century Orguss original TV series comp…

June 16th, 2014 More stuff for next year! Super Dimension Century Orguss original TV series complete collection episodes 1-35! Japanese with English subtitles. The first 17 episodes will also have the English dub!

• 9 months later...

Is it true Orguss aired on television in the USA once? If so, was it the dub and what days did it air on?

When Imagineasuan (was a badic cable channel) licensed it a fee years ago, they also broadcaat it, subtitled.

On April 16, 2007, ImaginAsian announced that they would broadcast Super Dimension Century Orguss on ImaginAsian TV, and would thereafter give the series its first complete North American DVD release, with the first 17 episodes also having the old U.S. Renditions dub.

So they announced it on April 16, 2007 but when did they begin airing it?

On April 16, 2007, ImaginAsian announced that they would broadcast Super Dimension Century Orguss on ImaginAsian TV, and would thereafter give the series its first complete North American DVD release, with the first 17 episodes also having the old U.S. Renditions dub.

So they announced it on April 16, 2007 but when did they begin airing it?

Don't recall the wxact dates, but I did flip past a couple eps while waiting for the DVD"s.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just went to order this. It looks like you can order it but it also looks like it's out of stock. I'd assume it's out of stock and they just let you order in case they get more? Not sure I trust that. Does anyone know of a place where it's in stock?

Edit - Duh, amazon is all over it.

Edited by jenius

Think I posted this in the toy topic, but same old pre-HF master, and much improved subs. I'd snag this again if Discotek decides to put it on BD, but I guess I'll be happy with their BD's for now. It just hurts to know how much better it could look.

any thoughts on this release? Not a lot of hype, huh? Just found this thread so never mind on my post on the Orguss Bluray thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of what Discotek did with the subs.

I also want to test a few key episodes later in the series, which don't always playback smoothly when watching my ImaginAsian DVD-Rs.

Just watched the first episode, the English subs are much better than the bootleg I watched once upon a time. The video leaves a lot to be desired though. I tried to watch it using VLC the first time but the interlace was so bad it was unwatchable. A second attempt in media player worked much better but still, far from crisp or vibrant.

Just watched the first episode, the English subs are much better than the bootleg I watched once upon a time. The video leaves a lot to be desired though. I tried to watch it using VLC the first time but the interlace was so bad it was unwatchable. A second attempt in media player worked much better but still, far from crisp or vibrant.

Yeah, that video source is a disappoimtment, for shame ob whoever gave Discotek that instead of the newer HD.