Hobby Search: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/chara/

Nin-Nin Game: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/

Nippon-Yasan: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/

Plamoya: http://plamoya.com/en/

Online stores that only or mostly deals in used macross toys

Jungle: http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/

Mandarake: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Great topic! Should be pinned somewhere B))

Thank you. :) I will report my own post and ask for it to be stickied.

Are HKcollectibles.com and "pansylock/esthertool" on eBay all the same people, or is HK flooded with the same products at same price point, after shipping they all come out to within a couple bucks of each other.

The last two times i have been there i couldn't find any Macross.. of course i was there less than a week each time.

possibly price fixing or death may occur, so that might be something to think about.

Edited by bbrain

Are HKcollectibles.com and "pansylock/esthertool" on eBay all the same people, or is HK flooded with the same products at same price point, after shipping they all come out to within a couple bucks of each other.

The last two times i have been there i couldn't find any Macross.. of course i was there less than a week each time.

possibly price fixing or death may occur, so that might be something to think about.

I've never bought anything from pansylock or esthertool. When I buy from HKCollectibles, the PayPal payment is sent to Caju Tree. It seems HK's ebay store prices do have an adjustment, but I don't know what is included there because I always buy direct from their store. You may want to ask them about it. They could be passing on ebay fees and other costs to ebay customers.

That said, their Macross selection on ebay is really, really sparse compared to their on-line store inventory. Checking now, I think ebay lists Arcadia's 1J Anniversary as the only item. Going to the store directly, you should notice more items. And HK's store inventory does not match the other two ebay accounts that you mentioned.

Edit: Hk's store doesn't default to an in-stock listing, so I have to set that option first before I get an accurate list.

Edited by technoblue

I

That said, their Macross selection on ebay is really, really sparse compared to their on-line store inventory. Checking now, I think ebay lists Arcadia's 1J Anniversary as the only item. Going to the store directly, you should notice more items. And HK's store inventory does not match the other two ebay accounts that you mentioned.

Edit: Hk's store doesn't default to an in-stock listing, so I have to set that option first before I get an accurate list.

I guess only the things that i look at are the same (final price and product) and i would not expect the stock to exactly match because i think ebay stock could be (i know other stores who do this) pieces they get from outside sources and not the regular vendors, so they don't list them all on webstore or vice versa. So may not be them but they are all out there throwing various prices, shipping costs, free shipping to give us a false sense of competition when they are all inflating what seems to be an endless stock. grr to them whoever they are.

I guess only the things that i look at are the same (final price and product) and i would not expect the stock to exactly match because i think ebay stock could be (i know other stores who do this) pieces they get from outside sources and not the regular vendors, so they don't list them all on webstore or vice versa. So may not be them but they are all out there throwing various prices, shipping costs, free shipping to give us a false sense of competition when they are all inflating what seems to be an endless stock. grr to them whoever they are.

Oh, I see what your getting at.

In that case, no doubt. Some of the "sale" prices have me scratching my head too. The store keeps knocking a dollar off the Weathering Tomahawk at odd times, but it's still well above $100US. And I've been waiting all year for a better sale price on the VF-19P. Meh.

Great list! ;)

I'm thinking of carrying Macross goods, wonder whats the community thoughts on that.

This would be nice. As long that price is competitive with other online shops then it's good. ;)

Just let us know what's your policy on return/exchange if ever the product has defective parts. :rolleyes:

I tried to compare prices. And so far based on the currect USD=JPY rate, the SRP (w/o shipping fee) on Bandai's site is almost the total of the other online shops such as Ami, HLJ, NY with shipping fee included. I guess, the only advantage here is it's direct Bandai. Maybe customer service is better just in case we get defective products.

Anyone used ToysBuddyHK online store before which is based in Hong Kong?

www.toysbuddyhk.com

Any feedbacks? Would love to order something that's in pre-order. Thanks! :D

For those who encounter strict custom declaration and taxes, which are the best stores to go for?

HLJ declares full value, but NY doesn't.

Buyer beware when ordering from nin-nin-game.com

See my nin-nin pre-order experience here

What's the general opinion on Anime Export? 

I found something I want to get on there and the price seems decent but haven't used them before; if they're listing something as in mint condition do I have to worry about it not being that way on arrival (from either a bad listing or poor shipping/handling practices)?

There's been enough discussion on Nippon Yasan (or NY) in a few Bandai threads of late that I thought I'd add a line or two here about my own experience.  Plus it allows me to link to this post for any other discussions that come up on the odd occasion that I a) happen to see the comments and b) that I want to link back to this post.

My experience with NY has been positive, with the following caveats:

1. I have only ever ordered and shipped via SAL (the untracked variety, I might add)
  2. I have ordered mostly Tamashii Web Exclusives - something you can't order from the likes of HLJ, HobbySearch and a handful of others I've got personal experience with
  3. I don't order a lot of items and to date, I think I've had 3 packages from NY in total (two more shipments will come in the next few weeks)
  4. I've never had to deal with any customer service issues regarding an item I've received

That said, I find their shipping for EMS to be laughably expensive when compared to HLJ, so personally I pretend faster shipping methods don't exist with them and order from HLJ almost exclusively when I want something fast and it's not a web exclusive.  My items have always come within 2.5 weeks of shipping and they're always in great shape and packaged well.

Also worth noting is that in many cases, the total shipped (SAL) price of a single item is sometimes even less than HLJ's price before shipping. On another positive, I've had a few interactions with their customer service on before shipping questions (and after I paid) and found them easy to deal with, courteous, and most importantly, helpful.  They weren't quite as friendly as HLJ, mind you but my experience with HLJ has been nothing short of stellar, so finding that level of support would actually be surprising.

In short, my go to for non-exclusives and when I want more than one item, and need it shipped quickly, is always going to be HLJ.  But for everything else, NY is my second choice.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:19 PM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Anyone use; dendenhobbystore.com or via ebay?

I used them once or twice. They were ok. Prices were never that great to continue using them though.

just some quick questions, regarding preordering in Hobby link Japan .

I just did a Paypal agreement with them I still never bought anything from them, so the thing is if I preorder an item , lets say it cost Y10000 the total price , I need to have in my paypal balance or debit card/ credit card balance at least that amount so I'm able to preorder the item ? or is more than enough to preorder an item from HLJ with only the Paypal Agreement ?

I hope not being off topic, :unsure: 

3 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

just some quick questions, regarding preordering in Hobby link Japan .

I just did a Paypal agreement with them I still never bought anything from them, so the thing is if I preorder an item , lets say it cost Y10000 the total price , I need to have in my paypal balance or debit card/ credit card balance at least that amount so I'm able to preorder the item ? or is more than enough to preorder an item from HLJ with only the Paypal Agreement ?

I hope not being off topic, :unsure: 

You pay for your item when it's ready/in stock regardless of the amount of funds in your account. 

35 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

You pay for your item when it's ready/in stock regardless of the amount of funds in your account. 

Holy damn! that's awesome to know , so is like AmiAmi then :D .  Thank you so much Red Wolf for your reply much appreciated . :lol:

3 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Holy damn! that's awesome to know , so is like AmiAmi then :D .  Thank you so much Red Wolf for your reply much appreciated . :lol:

But make sure your account have funds (for Paypal balance) since it automatically deducts the payment from your fund source. So if your Paypal primary source is credit card then it's good to go. They don't send emails like they used to do before for payment. And that's the agreement is all about. It's basically you're giving them authorization to make a withdrawal from your fund source as a payment without notifying you.

However, do note that if you have Paypal Balance in your account and that's what you're using for primary fund source, Paypal does the conversion so it's kind of higher rather than when you use your Credit Card.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But make sure your account have funds since it automatically deducts the payment from your fund source. They don't send emails like they used to do before for payment. And that's the agreement is all about. It's basically you're giving them authorization to make a withdrawal from your fund source as a payment without notifying you.

hmmm so the item costs Y10000 for preorder but my Paypal  balance only have  Y500 , can I still prerorder the item ? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

hmmm so the item costs Y10000 for preorder but my Paypal  balance only have  Y500 , can I still prerorder the item ? :unsure:

You still can. What Paypal does on their end is if your balance is short, they will automatically get it from your secondary source. Which I guess is your bank account.

You don't need to be afraid if your balance is short. Anyone can still preorder no matter how much you have. It's just a payment agreement on their end.

If you're confused with the whole thing, read their FAQ regarding payments:

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/categories/200231580-Payments

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You still can. What Paypal does on their end is if your balance is short, they will automatically get it from your secondary source. Which I guess is your bank account.

You don't need to be afraid if your balance is short. Anyone can still preorder no matter how much you have. It's just a payment agreement on their end.

If you're confused with the whole thing, read their FAQ regarding payments:

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/categories/200231580-Payments

Thank you Noel for your time replying, just a bit nervous cause I never bought an item from HLJ and I definitely want another source besides AmiAmi with kinda the same buying method for my figures, that new YF 19 is sure going to be hard get it, probably the main reason why this kind of questions hehe. :D

46 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thank you Noel for your time replying, just a bit nervous cause I never bought an item from HLJ and I definitely want another source besides AmiAmi with kinda the same buying method for my figures, that new YF 19 is sure going to be hard get it, probably the main reason why this kind of questions hehe. :D

No worries. It's understandable. I asked the same questions too when I was still new on this preorder madness. I used to be on eBay and Amazon only before. ^_^

Anyways, hope that helps and ease your mind. ;)

Does anyone have a list of places for proxy buying, or mail forwarding services?

Like Buyee, Tenso, FromJapan, or Zenmarket?

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Does anyone have a list of places for proxy buying, or mail forwarding services?

Like Buyee, Tenso, FromJapan, or Zenmarket?

That's mostly what members here using including me. But you can also check out Big In Japan, CDJapan, Treasure Japan, White Rabbit Express, Goody Japan, or J-Goods

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

That's mostly what members here using including me. But you can also check out Big In Japan, CDJapan, Treasure Japan, White Rabbit Express, Goody Japan, or J-Goods

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that does help.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what's up with Nippon Yasan?  I have some paid pre-orders with them.  Just wondering if this is the part where they fold and run with the money.  Trying to figure out if I should start pursuing refunds through PayPal.  What I mean is, the site has been inaccessible (unless you opt to bypass https) for a couple of days now and their automated response to Facebook Messenger is something along the lines of "we're not here - check the site."  It would seem their security certificate expired a few days ago.  The site can still be accessed, but I'm reluctant to enter any legit info while security cert is lapsed. Wonder if transitioning from standard to daylight savings had anything to do with it. 

Edited by Draykov