What features would you want in a deluxe chogokin VF-1?

Gakken85

I keep thinking that somebody should make a super deluxe VF-1. Sort of like how fewture makes super expensive Getter robos with lots of diecast, detail, and extras.

What kind of features would you want?

I would want it to be closer to 1/48 size of course to get in more of the detail. Super/strike parts would be included.

I'd also like to see removable covers for engine parts and missiles.

More diecast certainly.

Maybe large enough to have a poseable pilot hikru or something?

Also, how much would you pay?

I would think $500-600 would be nice for something with diecast, solid transformation, and tons of extras.

Maybe fewture could tackle it even? At a weird size they could get the rights?

This was on my wishlist ages ago but I'd like them to include the DYRL Strike Packs. Focker is my drug of choice :)

What's the next step up...1/32? Basically make it super detailed with sliding and locking panels all over to show the mechanics where possible. Give me all weapon loadouts. Poseable pilot if it's big enough. Give me the option to convert to Super Packs (just make em DYRL colors though).

Edit: Oooooooh! All of the heads too! Must be Focker though and I don't care that he never flew a 1J head...I just want them all at once...never gonna happen (I know) BUT this is MY dream :)

Edited by xrentonx

I keep thinking that somebody should make a super deluxe VF-1. Sort of like how fewture makes super expensive Getter robos with lots of diecast, detail, and extras.

I would want it to be closer to 1/48 size of course to get in more of the detail. Super/strike parts would be included.

More diecast certainly.

I would think $500-600 would be nice for something with diecast, solid transformation, and tons of extras.

For $ 500-$600 (mad just typing that) it had better be more intricately detailed than the 1/48 from Club M.

Including but certainly not limited things that we haven't already seen produced in any scale for toys or models (1/100, 1/72, 1/60v1, 1/60v2, 1/55 or 1/48).

For $ 500 it had better rock my world - twice.

-b.

1/32 would be sweet. it'd have to have super rugged joints though and it can't look like it does (if you get my meaning). super detailed molded detail. superb paint apps. craze detailed tampo prints, fast packs. two versions clean and weathered. poseable pilot. detialed interior. light up visor, wing lights and of course gunpod with gunstrap, light up thrusters, effect parts. launch arm stand included. individual removeable missiles.

I wouldn't want Yamacadia to do it. I'd like to see somebody else tackle it.

Maybe a Fewture or SOC.

Agree, I like what Bandai has done with their Soul of Chogokin and Metal Build lines. But for my money, if it's going to be really expensive this hypothetical VF-1 had better be the end-all-don't-beat-all of high-end Valkyries.

-b.

If it's big enough, they could be clever and engineer a way to swap out colored stripes so you can make any one of Skull squad. They might have to give us all four colored leg fins and vert stabs though (probably five if we want to make a Hikky 1J). How cool would it be to have all the heads swappable with something like this? I would be OK with a light up gimmick as long as it doesn't interfere with anything. I'd want ratchetted joints with solid but numerous detents though. Must have a smart use of diecast metal for this to work.

My ideas would cost us all $1000 and put us in the poor house...but what a way to go :)

Notches/detents for the wing-sweep settings.

FAST pack booster attachment like the 1/48. (My #1 complaint with the v2 is the big ugly piece holding the boosters on----not much better than the 1/55 and far worse than the 1/48 and v1)

I'm pretty happy with the Renewal MacF stuff Bandai has done (or just later ones in general that didn't hav v1's) so if there was a DX VF-1 I might be interested. Honestly not sure what I'd ask of them since the VF-1 Valkyrie has so many blueprints for a good toy by now that there's not much left to add. I'd just want some really crisp printed detail like on their VFHM and DX MacF toys and a decent stand for fighter mode and preferably a generic brown 1A released early on in this scenario. Notches for the wing settings like David suggested would be a great idea, too. I really liked that a lot on the 25A. Though I'd be more interested to see them take on a VF-11 since Arcadia apparently isn't going to reissue it, ever...

I WOULD say "it should include super/strike parts", but...if we're talking DX as in the same company here, we all know that'd never happen in a single release. Web exclusive accessory train, all aboard and all that.

Edited by RyuRoots

More diecast certainly.

I don't really mind if there is huge amounts of diecast. It just has to look as close to the show as possible without making battroid mode look off. They would need to make the hands real beefy and individually articulated fingers as the extra if it couldn't fit in the arm during transformation. Hikaru's ejectable seat should be a gimmick.

But yeah good hands. Good big mechanical articulated hands.

Here's my wish list:
1) Anime accurate swing bars for the legs (with pop out pegs in the nosecone). This would allow for waist articulation. Also, I think they can make it so the swing mechanisms then rotate out and up and become side covers for battroid. I also think there should be one click of waist articulation that would let you jut the crotch forward for some of the more aggressive poses.

2) Heat shield not attached to the upper chest (or attached with a swivel point) to allow at least one point of back articulation for battroid mode.

3) Articulated ankles which may involve some articulation on the inside edge of the lower leg

4) GU-44 with retractable strap

If it's big enough, they could be clever and engineer a way to swap out colored stripes so you can make any one of Skull squad. They might have to give us all four colored leg fins and vert stabs though (probably five if we want to make a Hikky 1J). How cool would it be to have all the heads swappable with something like this? I would be OK with a light up gimmick as long as it doesn't interfere with anything. I'd want ratchetted joints with solid but numerous detents though. Must have a smart use of diecast metal for this to work.

My ideas would cost us all $1000 and put us in the poor house...but what a way to go :)

This....

Here's my wish list:

1) Anime accurate swing bars for the legs (with pop out pegs in the nosecone). This would allow for waist articulation. Also, I think they can make it so the swing mechanisms then rotate out and up and become side covers for battroid. I also think there should be one click of waist articulation that would let you jut the crotch forward for some of the more aggressive poses.

2) Heat shield not attached to the upper chest (or attached with a swivel point) to allow at least one point of back articulation for battroid mode.

3) Articulated ankles which may involve some articulation on the inside edge of the lower leg

4) GU-44 with retractable strap

..and this

• A mechanism that allows the nosecone to be shortened
  • A cockpit rotation gimmick combined with a working egress hatch
  • Integrated panels to fill out the gaps in the torso area and integrated intake covers
  • Double jointed knees and free leg movement in Battroid-Mode
  • Properly recessed turbine fans.

I know most of this seems pretty unfeasible due to anime magic but if they should be able to integrate some from my wish-list if this company make it a 1/32 scale model. As a sideeffect this would satisfy the model-kit guys.

The head turret guns actually being hollow or having a hole at the top to simulate they are a barrel.

Ratchet Joints with precision steps in the ratchet to allow finely tuned lockable posing. I can't believe in 2014 your only option is a ratchet joint with half inch positions or a ball joint that gets loose. They should be able to engineer a ratchet joint with mm steps.

A stomach crunch/tilt function, VF-1 desigs need this more than other designs.

A pilot in a standing position as well as a cockpit version

CAMERA DETAIL OR CAMERA STRUCTURE behind the visor. I think this is a huge miss across the board but looks great when its been executed like on the 25G and YF-25

heck its could be 1/32 then fully articulated hands and fingers would be awesome too! then no need to swap out hands for different poses! The limited articulation of the 1/60 hands both Yamato & Bandai are ok but in a bigger scale it could be heaps better!

Just doing a quick little sketch of it for a rough idea im sure it wouldn't be impossible..

post-21335-0-86507700-1401958964_thumb.jpg

heck its could be 1/32 then fully articulated hands and fingers would be awesome too! then no need to swap out hands for different poses! The limited articulation of the 1/60 hands both Yamato & Bandai are ok but in a bigger scale it could be heaps better!

Just doing a quick little sketch of it for a rough idea im sure it wouldn't be impossible..

You mean like the Gunpla MG manipulators?

Nu-MP1.jpg

yeah pretty much like that.. thats from Gundam isn't it?

that thing must be pretty big even at 1/100!? sorry I know nothing of Gundam..

So far only a few master grade 1/100 kits have hands like this. Your average 1/100 gundam is about the same size as a 1/60 Vf-1

gundam that uses those manipulators are around 20meters in height while VF1 is around 12 to 13meters.

for 1/32 or 1/48 VF-1 (most likely for 1/48 scale), they can easily use the similar with the Perfect Grade 1/60 Gundams

p09_arm21.jpg

whoa!! look at that! that's friggin awesome! exactly what we need in a Valkyrie!

Those manipulators came with every MG kit released from 2013 on. They are awesome. I haven´t try them yet on a valk, but they are roughly the same size of 1/60. I actually think you can buy them separately, as spare parts.

Those manipulators came with every MG kit released from 2013 on. They are awesome. I haven´t try them yet on a valk, but they are roughly the same size of 1/60. I actually think you can buy them separately, as spare parts.

oooh! if they are indeed available to buy and scale up well with the 1/60 yamyams then it might prove interesting giving it a whirl! Time for me to go look! ;)

I'm with the bulky hands/arms also. And tampo of the basic makings like the kite and numbers just like Yamato did with the first V.2. Decals for people that really want all the extras such as the "NO STEP". Extra figures and accessories for display like a bridge bunny with their station. I don't really care for removable panels. I would rather have them apply a great paint job with all the panel lines applied. If there was any gimmicky thing I would like it'd be lights in the cockpit and boosters and a launch arm display stand. It can stand on it's side or ready for wall mounting.

I'm with the bulky hands/arms also. And tampo of the basic makings like the kite and numbers just like Yamato did with the first V.2. Decals for people that really want all the extras such as the "NO STEP". Extra figures and accessories for display like a bridge bunny with their station. I don't really care for removable panels. I would rather have them apply a great paint job with all the panel lines applied. If there was any gimmicky thing I would like it'd be lights in the cockpit and boosters and a launch arm display stand. It can stand on it's side or ready for wall mounting.

Shame on you EXO, everything must be printed on, including and especially smaller markings like the 'No Step'.

A lot of really good suggestions coming from folks, as I read through this thread I'm imagining the price that I automatically and arbitrarily labeled as ridiculous as more and more reasonable - especially if some of the more detail oriented suggestions make it on to our hypothetically "perfect" VF-1.

-b.