can anyone do a spoiler tag as well? I was in rush to leave the theater earlier

Aww! I saw this today with the family and we stayed through the still scenes at the beginning of the credits but didn't realize there was more to come. I placed a link to the info between spoiler tags for those who missed it:

Aww! I saw this today with the family and we stayed through the still scenes at the beginning of the credits but didn't realize there was more to come. I placed a link to the info between spoiler tags for those who missed it:

Ah thank you! Sounds really cool, sad I missed it.

Chris

Saw it with the kids this weekend, did not stay for the end credits, oh well. I enjoyed it, sure it had it's flaws, but it was a fun as heck movie with a positive view on science and technological advancement. I did call the ID of the villain pretty early on, and while I understood his motivation, his execution was lacking.

He didn't need to trick Hero to get the microbots, he could have brought him into the fold and stolen them quietly later out of his own lab. That just would eliminated Hero's revenge bent, but then it would have added the mentor betrayal trope instead, and they still could have found a way to kill the brother if need be. And I will admit there were tears getting held back by the whole family while they were inside the wormhole.

my nit pick against the movie are:

1. that Hiro upgraded everyone else gears but his own gear is all form but no function

2. as the creator of nano bot, maybe he could have at least tried to create another controller or at least be able to disable it

Edited by chyll2

LoL! I don't remember her flirting with or making a pass at any of the college students. Maybe I missed something? :p

I do like the consistency in Disney's CGI animation. Although, I think each movie is its own separate entity, I can see how others draw parallels between the different characters. It's off topic, but these remarks remind me of the Pixar theory:

http://www.pixartheory.com/

My niece was with us for BH6, and she couldn't stop talking about how much she liked the movie. The feels were strong in this movie, and Baymax joins a very short list of robots (that includes the Iron Giant) to bring me to tears.

I haven't seen Frozen, so I can't make a comparison, but if was a bettin' man, I'd take Baymax any day over singing chicks and snowmen. Hiro's aunt stole just about every scene she was in...great character.

I haven't seen Frozen, so I can't make a comparison, but if was a bettin' man, I'd take Baymax any day over singing chicks and snowmen. Hiro's aunt stole just about every scene she was in...great character.

Umm, you just kinda proved our point. (Since Hiro's aunt is just a re-hashed Elsa---imagine how good the original is)

Finally got to watch this movie over the weekend. Just like Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen, Big Hero 6 exceeded all expectations. Sure, it borrows heavily from Iron Man, The Incredibles, Stargate, and Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but the film does a good job using those references. It's no secret that anyone who watches this film wants their own Baymax. It also plays out Hiro's coming of age very well.

Perhaps its weakness is its lack of character development outside of Hiro and Baymax - especially the rest of the Big Hero 6. Sure, we get to know much about Fred, but viewers end up not caring much about Wasabi, GoGo, or Honey Lemon. The main villain is a major twist in the typical superhero plot, but he ends up being as useful in the film as Ronan in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Despite these shortcomings, Big Hero 6 is one of the most entertaining superhero films ever produced. Also, don't be surprised if Feast wins the Oscar for Best Animated Short.

Oh yeah, Aunt Cass is definitely a MILF. :wub: [Last Hug!]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a copy today, and I really liked it. In fact, I think it passed up Lilo and Stitch as my favorite Disney movie (although I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph).

(And yes, I have seen Frozen. Many, many, MANY times, as it's my buddy's daughter's favorite. Big Hero 6 was definitely better.)

I hadn't seen the film but I'm still annoyed that the LEGO movie was completely snubbed.

I don't follow the oscars, as the whole shebang strikes me as an already narcissistic industry patting itself on the back, but was the Lego Movie up for awards this time or last time? It seems like it's been out for awhile. In any case, aside from "Everything Is Awesome" deserving to win the best song in a movie award every year from now until forever, I thought Big Hero 6 was better than the Lego Movie.

I don't follow the oscars, as the whole shebang strikes me as an already narcissistic industry patting itself on the back, but was the Lego Movie up for awards this time or last time? It seems like it's been out for awhile. In any case, aside from "Everything Is Awesome" deserving to win the best song in a movie award every year from now until forever, I thought Big Hero 6 was better than the Lego Movie.

Whoa, that is some mighty big expectations you have given me for Big Hero 6. Still, I'm sure I'll like it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY, got to watch this movie.

I really enjoyed it.

But GEEZ DISNEY!

I know you have a rep of killing off parents in your films or having them not be present in the main character's life (Andy in Toy Story).

But HOLY CRAP!

Is Hiro's super-power having everyone around him DIE?!

The kid's parents died, then you kill his brother, and then you kinda, sorta kill off the original Baymax.

I'm surprised Disney didn't find a way to kill off Mochi, the pet cat, too. . . just for the hell of it.

Yeesh.

I think if all the Disney characters (excluding the recently acquired Marvel heroes) ever have a proverbial pissing contest about who has the saddest backstory, Hiro will beat everyone out.

But overall, I still liked the film and was glad they showed Hiro getting out of his brooding funk.