Indeed. After the end credits there was a very brief teaser and the promise of more episodes in January.

Then again, if the time skip rumors are true... :p

Crap. I have to watch through the end credits again- I think I zoned out after the epilogue right before the credits started rolling.

I guess it's an excuse to watch it again. I really did enjoy it that much.

• Slaine is suffering from Stockholm syndrome. That's the only explanation for his response to Saazbaum at the end of the last episode. If and when Slaine regains his better senses, he is going to crash hard. I wonder if the writers want to make him a villain?

I think that might be a distinct possibility. It’s quite possible that overcome with guilt he also becomes the MC in his full right. Although with the ill will created by his recent actions I doubt a large part of the fandom would accept him as such.

I think that might be a distinct possibility. It’s quite possible that overcome with guilt he also becomes the MC in his full right. Although with the ill will created by his recent actions I doubt a large part of the fandom would accept him as such.

I felt bad for him but I wasn't really a fan of his character. I think Slaine hit the point of no return with that finale. To be honest, that last episode made him more interesting to me as a character and I would watch his arc as an MC if only out of morbid curiosity.

DIOSCURIA.. jejejej Great mecha

Mechanic_008.jpg

It talks about its combined form and states that it has multiple Aldnoah drives

Skycarrier (it's actually one word) has been added:

Mechanic_007.jpg

They only address it as tactical transport aircraft for the Vers Empire.

Edited by MILKAUTICO

• 2 months later...

Thanks, milkautico! Those're tiny tiny feet though!

I felt bad for him but I wasn't really a fan of his character. I think Slaine hit the point of no return with that finale. To be honest, that last episode made him more interesting to me as a character and I would watch his arc as an MC if only out of morbid curiosity.

Hmm sorry don't know how to add that spoiler thingie. I think he's gonna be a baddie next season, or a twisted MC seeking redemption

Thanks, milkautico! Those're tiny tiny feet though!

Hmm sorry don't know how to add that spoiler thingie. I think he's gonna be a baddie next season, or a twisted MC seeking redemption

Either way, I'll give it a chance and I hope they write it well.

• 1 month later...

My thoughts on AZ so far

Whatever limitations Slaine has (and he has a lot), at least I think the Martians make for more interesting viewing than the Terrans. I've made my peace with Inaho being the all-knowing (and now all seeing too LOL) Gary Stu for the Earth side. But the problem with that is the rest of the Terran cast is completely and utterly redundant. Every battle, every operation, you just know that it's going to be Inaho who's going to save the day for everyone. The others are just there for the sake of filling up airtime. Even in most Gundam series, the "other" pilots (be it Hayato Kobayashi, Emma Sheen, Lockon Stratos..you name it) accomplish a whole lot more that being saved by the MC every time.

I was waiting for new developments, but I think I already have my answer on what to expect this season.

This show continues to place its focus on the main players. At first, I thought it was a rut, but the Heero-Zechs ... er ... Inaho-Slaine duel seems to be the point. The irony that they are both Terran, isn't very clever, IMO. In fact, if it wasn't for the tangents and side stories that add substance to the supporting cast, then this show would be boring.

I do like the intrigue on the Martian side. The forgotten princess who is now in the spotlight as a double for her half-sister Asseylum. Rayregalia, whose health seems to be decreasing rapidly. And Saazbaum... There has to be more to him this season.

On the Terran side, where is Lt. Marito? Did I miss something? His story was an interesting tangent that gave some weight/detail to that team and he deserves a decent resolution. In fact, I think the entire Terran team deserves more than being lead around by Inaho's genius. Clearly, they have enough battle experience.

Then again...

:5:

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Marito is back this week.

The fact that he was figuring out the end strategy before Inaho and the Deucalion arrived was not lost on me. I hope the writers keep his story running parallel like they did for the first season. I find it quite enjoyable to see Lt. Marito heal in his own way and get stronger again as a soldier.

• 1 month later...

This show keeps disappointing me. It takes itself so seriously (which is perfectly fine if you get it right), yet almost all the characters except two feel paper thin and underdeveloped. And now in this latest episode they

are going to introduce another character? I'm sorry that just feels like bad writing to me. It's shame really, I had such high hopes for Aldnoah.

This show keeps disappointing me. It takes itself so seriously (which is perfectly fine if you get it right), yet almost all the characters except two feel paper thin and underdeveloped. And now in this latest episode they

are going to introduce another character? I'm sorry that just feels like bad writing to me. It's shame really, I had such high hopes for Aldnoah.

I really don't mind Aldnoah Zero tfat much at this point, but it's very much a watered down Full Metal Panic, or quickie Gundam Wing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok ending I suppose. I was still disappointed by the show's paper thin characterizations and how they introduced elements to the story that then never get developed. BUt the mecha action was pretty good.

I think the show was trying to be too clever with Inaho and Slaine over the course of a limited run. It got caught with too many one- and two-dimensional characters for the second half, and although it did try to fix these issues and wrap up some of the loose ends it invariably fell short.

I don't know if the limitation here was time or ability or both, but from my view on the outside I saw a number of political plots that could have added to the show and helped flesh out a few things: Mars vs Earth, Slaine's Knights vs the Vers Imperialists, even the Deucalion crew vs the UFE. Following any of these a little further would have been interesting, I think, but may have also required more than 24 episodes to complete.

IMO, as produced, the last episode was a visual feast for the eyes, but was lacking substance.

The X-Men spoof where Inaho meets with Slaine in the reinforced "plastic" cell to chat and to play a game of chess was amusing. When I was was watching it the first time I laughed, because it came out of nowhere. In hindsight, though, that scene illustrates so much about Aldnoah Zero perfectly (which, to me, is unfortunate).

I think I wanted the show to be more than it was. In the end I was disappointed because, to me, it was clearly more of an animated montage (like those last scenes with Asseylum in the last episode) and not a show of any real depth.

I've been pretty quiet thus far, but I have been unable to understand why you guys are so critical about the show. It wasn't perfect, but it was a great show to look forward to every week for me. The mecha designs are top-notch, the music is excellent, and the story is somewhat well-paced. My main complaint was that Inaho was way too OP. I would have appreciated it more if the rest of the cast wasn't marginalized so much by Inaho's talents. Other than that, I didn't really think that more emphasis should have been placed on other characters. If they did what you suggest, the series would probably suffer from far too much bloat and have pacing issues.

I am just saying that, while not perfect, A/Z is well worth recommending to any mecha anime fan.

I've been pretty quiet thus far, but I have been unable to understand why you guys are so critical about the show. It wasn't perfect, but it was a great show to look forward to every week for me. The mecha designs are top-notch, the music is excellent, and the story is somewhat well-paced. My main complaint was that Inaho was way too OP. I would have appreciated it more if the rest of the cast wasn't marginalized so much by Inaho's talents. Other than that, I didn't really think that more emphasis should have been placed on other characters. If they did what you suggest, the series would probably suffer from far too much bloat and have pacing issues.

I am just saying that, while not perfect, A/Z is well worth recommending to any mecha anime fan.

You make good points, frothymug. I agree with you on the mecha designs and the music. And the show was fun. I don't know, though, if I could recommend it to anyone other than hardcore mech fans for the reasons I already mentioned.

To me, the show was rushed. Any improvement to the story would improve the pacing, so I guess we disagree on that point. :) I'm not looking for Legend of Galactic Heroes level of exposition, mind you. If the focus was supposed to be on the Inaho, Slaine, Asseylum triangle, then that should have been consistent throughout. See Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as a good example of focusing on two main characters and using the supporting cast to help build those characters up. If that wasn't the point, and we were supposed to care about the red shirts on both sides of the conflict as well as the main cast, then we should have been told more about them. See Rurouni Kenshin for a show that does this well. Of course, Kenshin did what it did with 94 episodes and some OVAs!