my playing in Photoshop

ltla9000311

Hello everyone, long time lurker, so I figured I would make my first post to kind of introduce myself.

I have had my fingers in most kinds of modeling and art over the years. Lately I have been designing and building (very poorly) paper models. I have gotten back into plastic modeling again, but I have no area to work in. No place to put a desk for building physically, so I have turned to the digital spectrum.

This particular picture was redrawn right over a scanned page from my Macross Perfect Memory book. I had wanted to draw it since I first saw it in 1985 when I picked up my copy of MPM. Fast forward 29 years and here is my digital result.

post-9917-0-17136100-1399151907_thumb.png
post-9917-0-38387700-1399152119_thumb.png
post-9917-0-12723600-1399152279_thumb.png
post-9917-0-53445400-1399152325_thumb.png
Edited by ltla9000311

Very cool :)

Just check the illumination... seems like there are multiple sources of light (From above and below) and some in the rear.

Edited by Gerli

Very cool :)

Just check the illumination... seems like there are multiple sources of light (From above and below) and some in the rear.

Yep I noticed that myself in the original drawing. I was trying to reproduce the original as close as possible with my limited skills. If I can find the scan.....

post-9917-0-83089900-1399169264_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone, long time lurker, so I figured I would make my first post to kind of introduce myself.

I have had my fingers in most kinds of modeling and art over the years. Lately I have been designing and building (very poorly) paper models. I have gotten back into plastic modeling again, but I have no area to work in. No place to put a desk for building physically, so I have turned to the digital spectrum.

This particular picture was redrawn right over a scanned page from my Macross Perfect Memory book. I had wanted to draw it since I first saw it in 1985 when I picked up my copy of MPM. Fast forward 29 years and here is my digital result.

I Love them!

Always a fan of SD valks.

Can't wait to see more.

No pressure but there are like over a dozen now... :p

Thank you!

Edited by Zinjo

Absolutely amazing work! I know well of this image from my own copy of the Macross Perfect Memory art book.

For reasons that I assume are obvious, I love the drawing and coloring you've done for these pictures. I also really appreciate that you created a several variants (again, just my MO). Your colors are spot on as far as I can tell, which I'm hoping you accept as high praise from an amateur colorist like myself. Typically I'm not a fan of SD, but I just adore what you've done here. I'd love to host these images on my website if you'll permit me.

Again, bravo! :wub:

And welcome to the Macross World community. You've made one helluva introduction! :)

Edited by Mr March

Oh, I also noted you've used the VT-1 Super Ostrich GERWALK colored line art from my website as your avatar. In the next version of my website I have built a far superior revised colored version of that line art which I'm sure will please you. I don't want to spoil anyone by sharing the full image until the update is released, but I'm happy to provide a small thumbnail image ideal for your Macross World avatar. I hope you like it.

post-114-0-81484300-1399213194.gif

Oh, I also noted you've used the VT-1 Super Ostrich GERWALK colored line art from my website as your avatar. In the next version of my website I have built a far superior revised colored version of that line art which I'm sure will please you. I don't want to spoil anyone by sharing the full image until the update is released, but I'm happy to provide a small thumbnail image ideal for your Macross World avatar. I hope you like it.

Yeah sure Marchomatic..

Here kiddies have a little taste of this cocaine it's good for you and not at all addictive... :p

Edited by Zinjo

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely amazing work! I know well of this image from my own copy of the Macross Perfect Memory art book.

For reasons that I assume are obvious, I love the drawing and coloring you've done for these pictures. I also really appreciate that you created a several variants (again, just my MO). Your colors are spot on as far as I can tell, which I'm hoping you accept as high praise from an amateur colorist like myself. Typically I'm not a fan of SD, but I just adore what you've done here. I'd love to host these images on my website if you'll permit me.

Again, bravo! :wub:

And welcome to the Macross World community. You've made one helluva introduction! :)

I apologize for the late reply, please do host them! I would be honored! :)

Mr. March, I did not realize that was your work. Thank you for the early use of your work! I love it!!! :)

Nice. Why reverse the kite colors?

I didn't realize I had. I will have a look at the original scan..... Knowing me, I did it in a late night session. :p

Nice. Why reverse the kite colors?

I remember now, the initial recolor I did was the red Miriya version. The roundel on the kite blended in to the rest of the color . It looked odd. I then forgot to change it back in the other versions. Thank you for pointing that out. When I can get the time I will correct the others. :)