Macross the First-ish VF-1

DeductiblyBonkers

So I like the paint scheme on Hikaru's VF-1J in Macross the First, but I dislike how out of place it looks on a Valk for that time period. So here's my attempt to bring the scheme more in line for a Space War I Valk while keeping the color balance from The First. :D

Credit to the Macross Mecha Manual for the art.

post-28809-0-87519300-1398948530_thumb.png

Edited by DeductiblyBonkers

Great work! Not a bad looking color scheme. I can give you a PSD file for Photoshop of the old colored VF-1J Macross The First valkyrie I built a few years back. Let me know if you want it.

I'm revising the MTF valkyrie for the next update to my website, but this is what the old version looks like for now.

post-114-0-60816700-1398951458_thumb.gif

Great work! Not a bad looking color scheme. I can give you a PSD file for Photoshop of the old colored VF-1J Macross The First valkyrie I built a few years back. Let me know if you want it.

I'm revising the MTF valkyrie for the next update to my website, but this is what the old version looks like for now.

Thats the one thing i disliked about the MTF's VF-1J. For one, it's clearly trying to look like a VF-25, paint sceme-wise. If it did away with the markings connecting the wing to the chest, then i'd have no reach to dislike it. Because the wings are variable, when the fighter is at near max speed, it's wings would be swept in (as far as any ordinance still on the wings would allow) farther back. when it's landing or in Gerwalk, the wings would likely be fulling deployed out or close too it. those wings move alot (or should in practical application)

Thats the one thing i disliked about the MTF's VF-1J. For one, it's clearly trying to look like a VF-25, paint sceme-wise. If it did away with the markings connecting the wing to the chest, then i'd have no reach to dislike it. Because the wings are variable, when the fighter is at near max speed, it's wings would be swept in (as far as any ordinance still on the wings would allow) farther back. when it's landing or in Gerwalk, the wings would likely be fulling deployed out or close too it. those wings move alot (or should in practical application)

Yeah, that's one of my biggest issues with the scheme and largely why I chose to take a crack at reigning it in a bit.

I like the Modex number being on the back as well as on the nose, since this is a transforming fighter, having the modex # on the chest in Battroid makes sense to me. Retconning the paint scheme is a bit much, but really doesn't affect things too much for me. The DYRL schemes were more palateable for me compared to the astoundingly dramatic paint schemes of Max and Millia's hero VF-1J's from the TV show. The DYRL schemes were more consistent and added a greater sense of military uniformity compared to SDFM.