NEWS!!! 1/48 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Max/Miria w/Reaction Mis

joscasle

Great pictures, and gorgeos boxart! Thanks Jefuemon!

But I'm thinking... Miria will be just a male pilot with Her Colors?

May be we'll need to add some boobs and waist to give her some justice!

Edited by cool8or

The blue color that Hasegawa used for the MAX build I think is too dark IMHO and they used the color scheme for episode 30, the factory episode. The episode 27 schema for both valks is diferent, well the super pack color match the valkirie color.

these is the Hasegawa blue vs the episode 30 max blue color:

max_blue_super_zpskdul1yai.jpg

I made a mistake, the color scheme Hasegawa used is for the episode 27, the battle with Boddole Zer’s main fleet. The picture I used is from Episode 30, the factory battle. As you can see the Super parts are all in the blue/gray color.

IMO, analog video sources should never, ever be used for color reference. Especially when it's really crappy, multi-generational copies like macross/robotech have suffered from for so long. It's pretty much worthless.

If you're going to use video for color reference (which is in general not the best idea because of the variation in monitors/TVs as well as decoder settings) at least try to get the best available and use it merely as a guide and not the absolute definition.

From the BDs (which is as close as you'll get to the original film):

27: http://i.minus.com/ipsmeghuHPljh.jpg

30: http://i.minus.com/iBlPL8kwxTbvG.jpg

Sure Hasegawa's looks darker, but I like it more that way. A darker blue works better with a glossy finish, and the one on the reference model is fantastic.

Guest davidwhangchoi
The blue color that Hasegawa used for the MAX build I think is too dark IMHO and they used the color scheme for episode 30, the factory episode. The episode 27 schema for both valks is diferent, well the super pack color match the valkirie color.
these is the Hasegawa blue vs the episode 30 max blue color:
max_blue_super_zpskdul1yai.jpg

i wish yamato's max was this darker blue. i hope arcadia adjusts the color if they re-issue it. i love the colors.

• 2 weeks later...

HLJ states in stock this morning. I'm looking forward to getting them, more so that i can use the missiles for a DRYL 1A Hikaru build, I am counting on them selling the weapons pack separate at some point so I hope borrowing the missiles from this one works out....

HLJ states in stock this morning. I'm looking forward to getting them, more so that i can use the missiles for a DRYL 1A Hikaru build, I am counting on them selling the weapons pack separate at some point so I hope borrowing the missiles from this one works out....

NICE!! Are you gong to put some missles up for sale, till hasegawa puts theirs out .

No, just stealing the ones from Max and giving them to Hikaru, I can't imagine that they are not going to release a weapons pack. I will be using some left over UMM7's from the Club M kit that i will clean up a bit and add a little detail to so i can finish my 1a DYRL Hikaru up and test out the launch arm i made.

mike

NICE!! Are you gong to put some missles up for sale, till hasegawa puts theirs out .

Any hint what color this one is molded in to start? I'm hoping white just for consistency, but I'm actually kind of tempted to mix and match pieces to make a TV 1S Hikaru with packs.

TV 1S Hikaru fast packs are green jejeje. hard color to match!!!

Any hint what color this one is molded in to start? I'm hoping white just for consistency, but I'm actually kind of tempted to mix and match pieces to make a TV 1S Hikaru with packs.

If you want to be anime-accurate, what you need to do is get an extra "S" head from the previous release, paint the Skull 1 markings (or, take the decals from the other kit, too), then you've got Hikaru's Super ride.

Got mine today, they must be planning a weapons pack at some point because the RMS comes with extra parts (not listed on the instructions as far as i can see) to have 2 RMS's joined together with one mount point, rather than 3 individual mount points for the TV style.

I was also surprised at how big they were, closer in size to the Yamato rather than the Club M, so i will need to mod a Yamato UMM7 for my current build, unless they announce a full weapons package very, very soon as i am looking forward to finishing up the one i am working on.

mike