Top-Down Views of Oberth?

Reason

Hello all!

First post, long time lurker & lover of Macross/Robotech.

Like many people here, I am getting ready for the new tabletop game coming out. And seeing as I have been "volunteered" by my group to be the GM, I am looking for props for scenario games. Although I have collected a fair amount of props for battles on Earth, (battle mats, terrain, 6mm scale people & cars, scale papercraft ships and buildings, etc.), I need help with a couple of props for space encounters. I've seen some AMAZING things here, (that scale Zentradai scoutship comes to mind), so I know I'm in the right place.

I'm requesting some help in finding nice top-down image of the Oberth Space Destroyer to use as a flat scale replica for scenarios. (Yeah, I know there's the 200m vs 390m lengh debate; I'll cross that bridge when I get to it) I'd also like one of the Star Goose, as well. The only line art I can find is straight-on, sideview, and even directly behind, but nothing from directly overhead. Does anything like this even exist? Perhaps in the instructions of the old 1:1000 scale resin kit? I've tried downloading the papercraft version, but the .pdo file just doesn't look all that great for this sort of print. And I'm just not skilled enough to make a 1:285th scale Oberth from paper!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There's never been any serious debate about the size of the Oberth Class. In fact there never was any "OFFICIAL" figures for the craft until the 200 meter length of the Oberth was provided in the 2008 publication of the Macross Chronicle. Not sure where 390 meters came from, but I suspect that is some kind of arbitrary "Robotech" trivia, which would be invalid for Macross.

I have a rather large collection of Macross books and sadly I've never seen a dorsal schematic of the Oberth Class. That doesn't necesarrily mean it doesn't exist, but after almost 30 years of publications, it's unlikely if we've not seen such a drawing by now. The only line art I have is on my website at http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/oberth.htm (which - based on your post - you've probably already seen). But enough of the other schematics exist that you could build an accurate dorsal schematic. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

derex3592 on the boards did an Oberth kit recently.

Maybe you could ask him about and top down picture and create some drawing by yourself (or you know someone that is good with drawing). Here is the best picture I've found:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=108144

Check out his other images: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&page=59#entry1082583

Hope that helps