Why is Gerwalk mode disliked?

CrazyDude

Best GERWALK is probably the Variable Glaug.

It's not technically a valk but it is close to a valk. It has big powerful bunny/kangaroo legs. It looks stable (not dangerous to be standing up in that mode), aggressive, and the weapons all seem to make sense with the big cannon thing right at the top similar to monster.

As for transformers with GERWALK.

megatron war for cybertron:

you can do a "super dimension cavalry southern cross" style GERWALK mode for this guy. What is interesting when you do one, is how practical it seems for hitting targets at angles higher than you get with hovertank mode. If you are right near a tower and want to shoot right at the top? Go into GERWALK mode and point the cannon vertically towards the sky. The thing about the feet is they are similar to a konig monster in that they are wide and flat so it won't lose balance or topple over easily.

Another transformer with GERWALK is generations lugnut:

I know what you are saying: Isn't he already a triple changer? yes he is suppose to be but he isn't officially one for this particular toy line unless you discover the GERWALK mode yourself. He was only designed to be seen in bot and vehicle form for this toy line despite the character trditionally being triple changing.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yes you're right about them, but my question was more about toys that are not supposed to have a gerwalk mode, like Transformers for example.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough... I'll edit my post accordingly. :)

G1 Jetfire.

What?

love the Gerwalk on the VF valks as well....as this is the only mode that distinguishes a Macross from a Transformers......

Disagree with that last part as you have plenty of Transformers that are supposed to have 3 distinct modes, but it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

I think it's the PURPOSE of Gerwalk that differentiates Macross Valkyries from other transformable mecha/robots.

-b.

I never cared for the VF-25S head sculpt, the face was too bug-like imo. The VF-25F was my favorite; very evocative of the old VF-1J (which I prefer over the VF-1S head) Also, I prefer the Pure white with black and red to the grey, black and yellow.

I never liked the rwo lined on the jaw area that make it look like its smiling at you like an evil joker. I love the 25-s but i think it eould look a lot cooler without those lines.

I never liked the two lines on the jaw area that make it look like its smiling at you like an evil joker. I love the 25-s but i think it would look a lot cooler without those lines.

I would be inclined to say the GERWALK is the most "Underapreciated" mode of any valk.

Frontier did a great job of highlighting the versatility of the mode since the 80's. The Armored VF-25 was the first time we saw a GERWALK with applied armor.

There was an armored GERWALK concept done for SDFM but it never was animated (sadly).

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 months later...

I prefer Gerwalk mode arms out out of the three. My yammie V.2 1/60 VF-1J has been in Gerwalk for almost 2 years and I never get tired of displaying and flying it around like that.

After getting and messing around with the Yf-30,I find I like it most In Gerwalk. Probably because of the new waist joint, that gives it a ton of new posability options.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you're onto this subject, I'd like to ask the community 2 things:

1. Which valk has the best looking Gerwalk in your opinion? Give me your 3 best.

2. Which non Macross toys can have a gerwalk mod that are not supposed to?

1.a. VF-1s with the strike pack

1.b. SV-51 Ivanov

1.c. VF-0S

2. Not sure, maybe the gundams that can transform into planes, e.g. Zeta, justice, rezel?

Speaking or Gerwalk, I just ordered this shirt design from Ript Apparel. :D

attachicon.gifgerwalk-mode-detail_12899_cached_thumb_-50ac5a62e8cecdbaefbf9be229c742d8.jpg

No much time left, 1.5hrs.

https://www.riptapparel.com/

Just missed it. I really wanted that one and the Dino Riders one, too.

I think the Gerwalk mode looks badass!

IMG_0741.jpg

Looks so cool! I have my 1D displayed very similar but on a more aggressive pose and Minmay facing the other way..

Speaking or Gerwalk, I just ordered this shirt design from Ript Apparel. :D

attachicon.gifgerwalk-mode-detail_12899_cached_thumb_-50ac5a62e8cecdbaefbf9be229c742d8.jpg

No much time left, 1.5hrs.

https://www.riptapparel.com/

Awesome!!! B))

So while my wife was using the computer and I was talking to her I picked up my YF-25 Prophecy toy and transformed it to GERWALK mode. She turned around at one point and I said "Look, it was an airplane, now it's half airplane, half robot." She frowned, "GERCOCK mode looks so stupid." I was actually a little proud of her for almost knowing the term and of course laughed pretty hard about the way she did butcher it.

So while my wife was using the computer and I was talking to her I picked up my YF-25 Prophecy toy and transformed it to GERWALK mode. She turned around at one point and I said "Look, it was an airplane, now it's half airplane, half robot." She frowned, "GERCOCK mode looks so stupid." I was actually a little proud of her for almost knowing the term and of course laughed pretty hard about the way she did butcher it.

Or perhaps it was a commentary on how you look when leaving your shirt and socks on during sex...

1.a. VF-1s with the strike pack

1.b. SV-51 Ivanov

1.c. VF-0S

2. Not sure, maybe the gundams that can transform into planes, e.g. Zeta, justice, rezel?

Aquarion has a somewhat debatable Gerwalk mode. You can see it here at 3:44. Poseless but fun.

...and a new sex term was thusly born into the Macross lexicon! GERCOCKing! Too bad only people here on the MW forums will understand :(

Maybe it's better that way :D

Edited by xrentonx

...and a new sex term was thusly born into the Macross lexicon! GERCOCKing! Too bad only people here on the MW forums will understand :(

Maybe it's better that way :D

And now all of a sudden, EVERYONE likes Gerwalk mode.

-b.

Agreed that certain Valkyries just need to be shown/displayed in Gerwalk mode. And like others have said the VF-1D is one (if not "the" one in my book).

-b.

I think the VF-0D is a prime candidate for GERWALK mode. It might just be my impression, but I feel like it spent most of its screen time in M0 in GERWALK mode.

For my toys on display, I probably have about:

50% fighter

30% gerwalk

20% battroid

110% awesome!

I would not say that I dislike any mode in particular. I am actually quite fond of gerwalk mode. Sometimes it depends on the toy. Some of them I think look terrible in certain modes.