Why is Gerwalk mode disliked?

CrazyDude

• 2 weeks later...

I love the sliding gerwalk mode. Most of the toys stink at the mode, though have extra gaps and are generally flop city. v2 1/60 VF-1 is one of the few exceptions that rocks.

Challenge accepted. For me the old girl seems to be lost in those chunks of grey.

Fair enough, but to my eyes, it looks sleeker even with all the grey stuff on than my Arcadia one does without.

^Because the Bandai VF-19 is sleeker than the Arcadia YF-19. They were designed with different aesthetics in mind.

And that Gerwalk shot with all of the Frontier Super Parts is a big fat mess, I can see all of the loosening joints from here - :p

-b.

Ok. After seeing this image, I just know I need to add it here...

Now, who would hate something like that? ^_^

Indeed!!!

Gerwalk makes me wanna skip thru the fields like Julia Andrews....I'm drunk

Indeed!!!

Gerwalk makes me wanna skip thru the fields like Julia Andrews....I'm drunk

Ok I'm gonna lay down now ..I just double posted....go gerwalk!

Edited by troyness

• 2 years later...

Isn't Gerwalk mode the most Macross specific of all modes.....it is what differentiates a Macross VF from other variable vehicles....at least when it was first introduced....before all the copycats.....It seems transforming mechs went from vehicle to robot mode...no in-between mode....but yeah I still prefer fighter mode! 

I seldom display my toys in Gerwalk mode, just not really a fan of the look.

Oh, I understand the practicality of the mode in certain scenarios, such as for urban combat, and rescuing idols......LOL, but I far prefer the look of fighter and battroid modes.

I'd say 60% of my VF toys are displayed in fighter mode, 30% in battroid mode and only 10% in Gerwalk mode.

I've posted my thoughts previously in this thread but as far as I'm concerned gerwalk is a Valkyrie's fundamental mode. Its what makes a Valkyrie a Valkyrie. There are planes and there are robots, and a plane transforming into just a robot is as boring as batsh!t.. But its gerwalk which gives a Valkyrie the best of both those worlds. Personally I believe gerwalk is a Valkyrie's purest mode. And I firmly believe that if gerwalk didn't exist then Macross just wouldn't have been the same..

Edited by spanner

I have a hard time deciding on my favorite mode. I guess it depends on the valk. I really like the gerwalk and battroid on the vf1, I also like the fighter. The yf19 I like the fighter and battroid. The vf11 I like all modes. The yf21 I absolutely love the battroid, but do like the other modes. The draken has a great fighter, but the head and torso are really funky in battroid. There are other I have opinion on but would have to give it some thought.

I'd love to see Kawamori rethink Gerwalk for the next series. I remember we were talking about it with the Draken III before its full transformation was revealed. It's not to say that "traditional" Gerwalk looks bad - I love it - but it would just be nice for a different third mode.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I'd love to see Kawamori rethink Gerwalk for the next series. I remember we were talking about it with the Draken III before its full transformation was revealed. It's not to say that "traditional" Gerwalk looks bad - I love it - but it would just be nice for a different third mode.

I don't really know what other mode could be designed as an alternative to gerwalk with a Valkyrie..? And to be perfectly honest the three existing modes simply don't need to be changed.

Don't the Orguss have 4 or 5 modes? correct me if I'm wrong..?