Why is Gerwalk mode disliked?

CrazyDude

me too.

i don't like using my landing gears so i either lie it on the plastic tray or put it in gerwalk to park it after swooshing.

That's kind of my feeling. I like the ability of the legs to come down to either hover or land VTOL style. So, I do kind of a half gerwalk with no arms deployed. I really see no reason to have full gerwalk other than maybe a novice pilot may find it easier to control and have the ability to use the arms and hands.

That's kind of my feeling. I like the ability of the legs to come down to either hover or land VTOL style. So, I do kind of a half gerwalk with no arms deployed. I really see no reason to have full gerwalk other than maybe a novice pilot may find it easier to control and have the ability to use the arms and hands.

like a kid learning how to rollerblade?

Yup, that's two sections on the Yetistand. Some of the armor pieces are a pain to keep on, one nudge and I swear it wants to come off. It'll stand on it's own without the stand but poses in an already limited selection is reduced.

Edited by wmkjr

Yup, that's two sections on the Yetistand. Some of the armor pieces are a pain to keep on, one nudge and I swear it wants to come off. It'll stand on it's own without the stand but poses in an already limited selection is reduced.

ahhh ok.. I thought that maybe there was still too much weight at either end with the add on parts for it to sit up on its own ok.

I'd be worried about that "one nudge" as my standing armored Ozma moves around a little as it is when I open and close my display cabinet.

Still it looks great in Gerwalk but think I'll keep mine in Battroid with the standing support I made for it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. After seeing this image, I just know I need to add it here...

Now, who would hate something like that? ^_^

I did when I was a kid who only understood the VF-1 concept in terms of my Jetfire transformer.

Now that I understand, I love Gerwalk.

Edited by Moosey

I must be the only person in the known universe to pose and like the YF-21/22s in gerwalk. :wub:

Nope, I totally dig the 21/22 Gerwalk. My Max 22 stays in that mode most of the time.

Ok. After seeing this image, I just know I need to add it here...

Now, who would hate something like that? ^_^

Off-hand snarkism... dumb people. Joking aside, that is a bad-ass pic. Where did you find it?

*snip*

Off-hand snarkism... dumb people. Joking aside, that is a bad-ass pic. Where did you find it?

That's Hasegawa's VF-1J Gerwalk boxart.

Yeah, just stumbled on this one. And I can't find big enough for wallpaper. But still, that looks great framed. ;)

People hate gerwalk mode? This is news to me. Gerwalk is badass.

Amen as well. ^_^

Nah. It's just blown out of proportion. Most people like it, love it, like it but it's not their favorite mode, or are indifferent to it. There are very few who hate it or dislike it. Most people fall into that first group.