Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

True, true. New ankles would have been a boss upgrade.

It was just the three valks assigned to the members of Sound Force that received "faces"....

I see faces in all of those. I guess I have an odd perspective on this stuff. But what really has me scratching my head is the different outfits. The VF-17s have a flared pant leg and the VF-19s are tapered. I think I remember someone noting that the VF-22/YF-21 is drawn in the likeness of samurai armor, and it really comes across in the artwork.

I see faces in all of those.

I think I remember someone noting that the VF-22/YF-21 is drawn in the likeness of samurai armor, and it really comes across in the artwork.

yes, all the Sound Force valks have faces....don't know why...but they do....as for the rest of the valks in M7...they do not....they are just like any other VF...it is the "head" of a battroid that is meant to be humanoid in shape...to fight giant humanoid aliens I guess.....but they do not have facial features like those on the sound force VFs: eyes, noses, mouths.....

As for the -22...I thought it was based off of the Quadeluun Rau....

queadluun-rau-dyrl-max.gifvf-22s-max-battroid.gif

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia should've sprung for redesigned ankles. Then everyone would be falling all over themselves to get the new version. :p

so true

nope, not me

Although I'd be tempted if they re-released the other VF-19's from 7 with improvements in design/build or just with updated paint apps.

-b.

hmmm yes would be nice but I doubt that's ever gonna happen.. I would say that after the Isamu 19 was released that it finished off the line. I can't see them putting in any more cash / effort on another variant or upgrade.. maybe just a repaint.

New ankles would have required them to spend time to actually redesign and tweak the molds, and it sounds like that's prohibitively expensive for the new company, so oh well.

As for the -22...I thought it was based off of the Quadeluun Rau....

Pretty sure the YF-21 was specifically influenced by the Queadluun and other Zentradi mechs as a point of fact, so you'd be correct.

Never say never. If Arcadia does well and new engineering techniques are developed that are also affordable, then maybe we will get lucky and see VF/YF-19 tweaks five years down the road. I wouldn't expect them before that. There are too many other designs to revisit and Arcadia is still establishing itself. I really like the new YF-19, even with the ball joints in the feet.

Once the company has a number of years and a number of good releases, who knows? If they have their own list of pie in the sky fixes, maybe they will revisit something? Then again, maybe not. ;)

Pretty sure the YF-21 was specifically influenced by the Queadluun and other Zentradi mechs as a point of fact, so you'd be correct.

That makes sense too, since it was Guld's Valkyrie.

Edited by technoblue

I was honestly debating getting this, but decided it's a no go. Kinda strange though as I buy all the releases for a while now, but I already have 2x of the old Yamato version and 1x of the sound booster. I really feel like Arcadia took a mis step releasing this one so soon. I hope this does not make them think that older Macross franchise toys are not that popular and they scale back if these sit on shelves.

As for the VF-11 MAXL, I would take one, I get that it has boobs but they are not just boobs they are speaker pods. When Sound force is not equipped with the sound boosters they all have stock locations with the smaller speaker arrays. Basara's valk has them in the shoulder's, Mylenes got the speaker boobs, and Ray has the huge uni-boob. I guess they could have put them on the thighs on the MAXL? Seems they would interfere with the intakes in that location. When I look at the structure of the MAXL the chest looks like the most practical place to put the speakers. The forward canards would be too thin to place them there, and the shoulders are tiny.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't justify buying this. I have the Yammie version with the sound booster. And I like the colors on mine better than the red/gold on this one. I would love to have the little figures, but not for that much money. I'd love to buy some more M7 stuff though.

Let's just hope this was like a goodbye to Macross 7 for a while from Arcadia. (Although hopefully not for good!) I don't think i could take the next big news being a VF-17 re-issue!

Nooo.... we need a MAXL and 17T. And some Fz-109s.

And if they want more reissues, I could stand some more 11Cs (and they might as well do a Plus 11B reissue then, too).

So, I have not seen many pics here. I wonder what the percentage of MW users is that actually bought this again or even bought it all.

.014256%

or

approx. 3 members

-b.

*the above numbers are complete rubbish and meant only for the purposes of sarcasm