Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

I had hoped for ¥20,000 at the most... pass!

Are they charging more for this than the YF-19?! :blink:

I'm guessing they added the extra Y10000 on the original release's price for the booster, plus an extra 10% for the gold paint :p

Edited by Dimis

whaaaaaaaa!!!??? over 30,000! LOL! not happening!

30,500 @ amiami

31,320 @ HLJ

how about grabbing a bargain at HK Collectibles and pick up a brand new original minus the crappy sound booster (which wouldn't even work in space as sound cannot travel in a vacuum derrr (technically I don't know how that system actually is meant to work... just sayin)) for HK$1,119 (14,700 jpy)

https://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6958-vf-19-fire-valkyrie-basara-nekki.html

and.. if you really want the sound booster.. 6480 jpy @ jungle

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=835225

combined they are cheaper than the re-issue..

im glad I got mine when I did! ;)

Edited by spanner76

how about grabbing a bargain at HK Collectibles and pick up a brand new original minus the crappy sound booster (which wouldn't even work in space as sound cannot travel in a vacuum derrr (technically I don't know how that system actually is meant to work... just sayin))

It's not about "sound cannot travel in a vacuum"... Basara always shoots speaker-pods to Varauta fighters before starting to sing; these pods transfer the signal to their cockpit B))

Edited by charger69

I had hoped for ¥20,000 at the most... pass!

Are they charging more for this than the YF-19?! :blink:

That was a fools dream given no VF-19 has ever cost that little on release. Plus this has additional stuff included.

This price doesn't surprise me at all. The sound booster was as much as a VF-1 when Yamatao first released it. I was shocked. Even more so when I bought it and found how over engineered it was in some places, yet poorly engineered where it really counted...the connection point in battroid. If you breathe on it wrong, it falls off. Not to mention it makes the whole figure VERY top heavy. You've been warned! I'll buy the band figures off anybody who doesn't want em!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

just read the posts. . this is not a 200 page thread. it's just 10 pages...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think the last thing Arcadia would want to do is spend any money fixing things that don't really need fixing yes?

THE ANKLES.

This price doesn't surprise me at all. The sound booster was as much as a VF-1 when Yamatao first released it. I was shocked. Even more so when I bought it and found how over engineered it was in some places, yet poorly engineered where it really counted...the connection point in battroid. If you breathe on it wrong, it falls off. Not to mention it makes the whole figure VERY top heavy. You've been warned! I'll buy the band figures off anybody who doesn't want em!!!

In their defense, they were already a long way into production when Kawamori requested they make the soundbooster for it as well. After that it was just kludging something together on what already existed.

Not surprised by the price tag, but the release date. Bad, bad move from Arcadia guys.

Just bring the DAMN M&M super valks reissues people will pay any price for those.

Not surprised by the price tag, but the release date. Bad, bad move from Arcadia guys.

Just bring the DAMN M&M super valks reissues people will pay any reasonable price for those.

Small fix. :)

-b.

Guys the original MSRP was 22000 + 9800 yen, so they can't really set it lower with new features added. On top of the new tiny figures, it has metallic gold (like the Bandai 1/65) instead of yellow.

Still wait for the 50% off before considering... :p

The 10% markup is less than i expected considering the 50% markup the VF-1 got. Maybe they think the figures warrant the price hike? Personally i'd rather have a cheaper valk rather than being forced to pay for figures and the crappy sound booster.

Wonder if this will make it to HLJ's Black Friday Sale? Although at 50% off it'd still be too much to pay for a 1/60 FB figurine set.....

Any other release (Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai) and there would have been numerous posts by now claiming that a pre-order had been placed..... ;)

It is less than the original release of the two items separated, and considering those who got the 19 and the booster, which was released later, some paid more in shipping as well. While it still should be lower, considering they don't need to do any R&D (except the ankles) it should've been a bit lower IMO. That said, I hope this doesn't screw them over, as it seems a lot of passes on these boards. I, for one, just sold my original set, so I have most of this one paid for now, and I do like the gold color MUCH better. Doesn't look like it's a Happy Meal toy.

Macross 7 is nothing without Basara ^_^. I might not get this one because I have the original one, but I am getting Basara's guitar replica! Just wait and see!

This is excellent news for me, 1 less valk to rebuy, lol.

Also looking at the trend, with the new releaseed valks coming with Armor/ fastpack.

I wouldn't be surprise if Arcadia release a VF-1J with fast pack , and VF-1s with strikepack, before the stand alone Fastpack armor set.