What's your most prized possession....

1 VF-1 2NV

Like Abombz, my prized possessions are from Miracle House - two Shin Getters, (including the Devil Wing), the Mazinkaiser, and Neo Getter. When I get the monetary flexibility to afford it, either the HY2M Gouf or Gundam will likely de-throne those four (though, it will be a good fight! ).

My Sock Monkey 

Whats a sock monkey?

:lol::p

Man I am getting Old (BTW today's my Birthday :D:D )

A sock monkey is ..well a monkey made from socks. Add button eyes, fill it with stuffing and add smaller filled socks for arms and legs and poof a sock monkey. (Preferably made with clean socks <_< )

Rob MN

Happy birthday Rob!

:lol::lol: Sock monkey! :lol::lol: I must be getting old too. :p

Happy Birthday, Monkey-N!!!

Even tough it's not a real gift, we're sending you tons of boxes full of sock-monkey...

As we say here in Sp, we wish you to have more and more b-days...

Manu

In terms of Macross (and toys in general), I would have to go with my Takatoku Misa. Even though it's homeless (no accessories or box, just like the vf-1j and 1/100 vf-1a), it's still my favorite. Overall, I would have to go with something from my autograph collection. I've got a Super Bowl XX posted autographed by like half the Bears team (like all the starters and Ditka) and all the starters (and Ditka) on the Program for it. Not to mention All Star game baseballs with like half of the teams on them. And Namath and Payton on footballs. Of course, all this stuff took a ton of time (and money) to get (I got most of it in like 5 years).

That would be my 1st ed. YF-19 (yamato).

It took 3 long years for me to grab one 19. i always wanted teh damn toy but 1)it was already out of production wen i wanted it. 2)it's a paint to buy stuff around here.

so i got it once on ebay (finally. after loosing countless auctions) and also a 2nd. ed 19. those r my two favs.

My friend has an evil sock monkey. We would take it climbing with us and it would just sit there staring at you really creepy like...

Most prized possession, hum...I would have to say that it's a toss up between my yammie yf-19 and my Spider-man action figure from the 70's. I just recently reaquired one after the one I had as a kid was used for a science project.

First I must wish a birthday of booze and strippers for our beloved monkey nugget.

second I must mock all those who spank their monkeys, socked or other-wise, using the "it was evil" excuse.

Now some elaboration or pointless babbling depending on your perspective.

My most prized toy is my wife. Of course now that we are married... I get to play with her a lot less often :blink: .

Second most prized toy is my 67 camaro. Like my wife it's beautiful, tempermental, moody, and a source of much grief :blink: . Unlike jsarclight I'm at the before stages of a restoration.

My most prized possesion... [ie what would I grab first if the place was on fire and the wife and cats were already safe (I'm realistic and see little chance in wasting time trying to rescue fish tanks that weigh more than me) besides my writing notebooks not in the fire-proof safe] ... would be a toss up between a 5 foot piece of wood or a british hat. I'll explain firther. A bo staff given by my sensai in england that can, and has, gone through a car door, or a silk british [pop-up] opera hat from the 1890s significant as it was one of the few gifts given to me by my father. Might give you guys some insight into my world when I tell you it's worth a fair bit of money and my dad was homeless at the time. :asian:

You learn to prioratize when everthing you own must be carried on your back for a while ;)

If my place was on fire and I could only save one piece from my collection.....I don't know what it would be, but the items that brought me the most joy when I opened them and played with them for the first time (in no particular order) VF-19A, Yamato Super Hikaru 1J, and Jesse's GBP recast.

well, my prized possesion would be my macross collection and transformers collection. I can't just choose one individual piece only because everyone of them was bought with tears and sweat money. :p It took me a whole long time and money to aquire my collection. I can safely say I would probably be able to get double the money for collection if I were to sell it now or even later. But I don't want to sell any of them! I'm keeping them and when I have a chance, I'm going dedicate on room for all of them! And when that happens, I'm pretty sure my collection will have doubled or even tripled! :p:D:lol:

My most prized possessions right now are my 2 Yamato 1/48ths, Skull Squadron in all their glory! But I do have a Matchbox SDF-1 in sore need of repairs. Right now it's with a friend. He's supposed to mail it to another friend of mine that's good at fixing that sort of thing. Once I get that back it'll probably be my prized possession again until Yamato gives us their own version of the Macross.

My first post here. hey Toonz~! i'm back, havent been posting for a long time, really long time, love the new interface~! My prized possession would be my yamato Yf-19 (v1.0) and my 1/60s hee2 awaiting my VT and VE-1...well anyway thats's all i have (pic)....beside my big poster of Macross 7.

post-4-1062164097_thumb.jpg

:huh:

Mine would be my first Bandai 1/72 changeable VF-1S model kit back in the 80's. (Forme a model kit that could change was really something!)

I was still a high school student, and bought the kit with the money I earned washing dishes and cleaning tables at a chinese restaurant... (tough times back then)

I would run everyday after school to catch the ahem "Robotech" on TV! Little have I known that I was hooked into Macross!

Paulo

??? Postman Pat... What be those??? I think I see an original O' with die-cast landing gear, but the missle spruce is throwing me off. Is the other a HCM? Again the missel spruce throws me off. A scan of the super o' directions would be appreciated though :rolleyes:

Macross wise.... it's probably a very beat up 1/100th Takatoku VF-1A that's responsilbe for me being a Macross fan.

General anime... The B-Club Bubblegum Crisis book, which is the holy grail of BGC. Got it for the low price of $50 a few years ago.

And in general my most prized possession is my RX-7. Worked my ass off in high school for it, and wouldn't be able to get around without it. :lol:

...in my toy collection?

Macross - Right now the 1/48 Lo Vis

Non Macross - TIE: Marui 1/24 R/C M1A2 Abrams & Marvel Legends Goliath, very scwheet!!!

sports toy - Giant NRS Team custom, Uber Scwheet!!! :D

Got to be the 1/55 Bandai VF-1J reissue with the GBP-1S. As chunky and less accurate as any of the new Yamatos, especially the 1/48, which I like a lot, the 1/55 GBP-1S valk always holds a special place in me.

The GBP-1S has always been my favorite Macross design, and one of the first toy/model that I've ever possessed back in the days (the tiny 3" model my older brother built & painted for me back in my childhood days). As I got a little older, I was blessed with a 1/55 VF-1J Max type on a trip to Hong Kong, then a couple years later, a GBP-1S with the hard earned money of a 10 year-old kid. It was my treasure of all toys, but was lost when I moved to the States. The hurt stays through all these years, until a couple years later when I can afford to aquire the lost piece of gem...the GBP-1S on ebay, then the reissue of 1/55 VF-1J Hikaru type. I have it right besides me right now as I type, and it feels very satisfying..... :D

Welll, Macross related would probably be my Toynami MPC VF-1J (just kidding)...My Low Vis 1/48 is really at the top of my list here lately, but all in all I love my Myersjessee recast GBP 1/55 armor sitting atop my reissue VF-1J...that thing is just beautiful...couldn't justify spending the cash on what a real one costs but after some paint and decal work...wouldn't trade my recast for the original...

Non-Macross...hmmm...well...probably my 2 Megahouse Manji figures (I mean look at my name here, what did you expect)...

Edited by Manji