May be plenty of other places to discuss it, but nowhere I'm already a member, kinda know the people I'm talking to, and where I don't have to start all over again from Page 1. Le sigh.

Anyone else watching Dark matter? So far it is OK, I would not mind if it were cancelled but will watch it each week. It has the potential to end up a good show - though some of the cast do not seem all that good, pretty faces that are supposed to be hardened killers?

Defiance on the other hand, well I would still not cry if it were cancelled but it is off to a strong start.

Have taped Killjoys but not watched it yet - hopefully it is goofy fun rather than just the goofy the ads portray it to be.

Game of Thrones thread deleted?? Is that what happened? I started one today and it's gone. I've been staying away from them until I watched all of season 5 this past weekend and really looked forward to diving into the thread here to chat with you guys about it.

So, what exactly happened?

My post is trying not to be political but as you may be aware the Confederate Flag is suddenly mucho politically incorrect. So much so that Warner Bros. pulled licenses for the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard toys and are no long allowed to be made because of the flag on the car's roof. When I read that this morning I went straight to Amazon to buy a 1:18 diecast model of the General Lee for $95. A few hours later and I see they are now at almost $300! I only wish I bought a few more :ph34r:

http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Charger-General-Dukes-Hazzard/dp/B003ZC3TUI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/dukes-hazzard-confederate-flag-warner-bros-stop-licensing.html

Edited by TangledThorns

• 2 weeks later...

So of course Hannibal, aka the best show on television in years, gets cancelled, and yet crappy Walking Dead gets an entire spinoff? Like a great man once said...

79e89c0f4d34b4d08a4e8feda552be78.jpg

I had to vent, this news hurts my insides.

Wait wait, what?

For me, nothing has come close to the quality of Hannibal in recent memory. Nothing can touch it's cinematography, it's dialogue, it's incredible performances, you can watch a single episode three times in a row and still miss some of the tiny little nuances in the script. It was perfect all around, Mads Mikkelsen is by far my favorite man to step into the role of Hannibal, Hopkins will always hold a special place in my heart, but Mads was absolutely born for this role, he is electrifying in every scene he is in, and now, we'll never get the conclusion we deserve, and next season was supossed to cast Clarice. Hannibal had a rough start, it was in a bad time slot, the ratings never really took off, despite overwhelming critical acclaim, a damn shame, hopefully Netflix or Amazon Prime can save it.

Hannibal was quite good for what it was; a broadcast TV show. But it was still a broadcast show from a broadcast network, even as much as it tried to break the mold. I think I've just been spoiled by now over a decade of specialty cable shows from AMC, FX, Showtime, HBO, etc. I find it difficult now to go back and try watching broadcast shows with all their inherent limitations due to broadcast standards.

Still, it's sad to see a show like Hannibal go. To some extent, it was fighting the good fight.

Hannibal was quite good for what it was; a broadcast TV show. But it was still a broadcast show from a broadcast network, even as much as it tried to break the mold. I think I've just been spoiled by now over a decade of specialty cable shows from AMC, FX, Showtime, HBO, etc. I find it difficult now to go back and try watching broadcast shows with all their inherent limitations due to broadcast standards.

Still, it's sad to see a show like Hannibal go. To some extent, it was fighting the good fight.

I personally felt Hannibal was better then Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, even Fargo. For me personally, Hannibal just hit all the right spots, it topped True Detective, Orange is the New Black, even heavy hitters that sit at the top of my all time favorite TV like The Wire and Sopranos were being considered for a mental bump down compared to Hannibal, it was just far too good. It pains me to see it go, but hopefully someone will save it, if Mindy Project and other crap can get saved Hannibal needs to be saved too, we JUST got to the Red Dragon storyline, everything was moving along so well. I haven't been this heart broken about a show in a while, I am going to truly savor the rest of Season 3.

Edited by Tking22

Anyone else watching Mr. Robot?

The pilot and second episode were pretty damn good.

There was some clunky dialogue and a few scenes that were a bit much in the third episode.

But I'm curious to see how this series plays out.

Plus, those extended intro scenes so far have been extremely well done.

I've actually had the Mr Robot series recommended to me by several folks. I've not watched as yet, but I gotta check out what everyone is so excited about it.

I have a friend who's in the IT industry and he said they got a large part of terminology right.

Just started watching a new episode of "Rizzoli and Issle" on TNT and did not start well.

Edited by miles316

A lesser announcement from SDCC:

Netflix has been humping this, and recently made the original show available for streaming. I don't really care about this new show, but I'm happy to see they kept the theme song.

Edited by Duke Togo

Haven't seen house of cards yet, although Kevin Spacey is in it, so it has to be pretty damn good.

I watched a mini-marathon of AMC's HUMANS last week, I must admit that I liked it alot and am looking forward to the next episode!