7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Anyone watching "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson on Netflix about the serial killer in Belfast?  I just started Season 3, it's a dark ride, but it's good so far IMHO. 

Season 3 does take a turn. I binged the last of it the week Netflix released the new episodes. I'm looking forward to where the show goes next.

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

VIKINGS! It's amazing! Is anyone else watching this? The last episode was phenomenal, there are some brilliant performances on this show. Yes at first the hook was high-budgeted Viking violence, but then it turned out to have a great script, excellent actors, and amazing performances! If a show can have a gripping scene involving two men simply having a chat and arguing about the Gods while drunk, you know it's really good stuff.

Yeah, finished Vikings recently. Great show. Waiting for the new season.

6 hours ago, Marzan said:

Seems I'm hopelessly behind on TV series. Have not watched Westworld or Stranger Things. Should probably cut back on anime (this season looks like it will suck anyway) and catch up.

Apart from Macross Delta (which went down the crapper mid-season), I haven't found any anime I like to watch in ages. The last anime I enjoyed before Delta was the Gundam Thunderbolt OVA and Ghost in the Shell: Arise.

I've been binge watching loads of genre shows recently.......hahaha.

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

VIKINGS! It's amazing! Is anyone else watching this? The last episode was phenomenal, there are some brilliant performances on this show. Yes at first the hook was high-budgeted Viking violence, but then it turned out to have a great script, excellent actors, and amazing performances! If a show can have a gripping scene involving two men simply having a chat and arguing about the Gods while drunk, you know it's really good stuff.

Good to know, I keep seeing it on Netflix and wondered if Vikings was any good? Will give it a try. Finishing Season 1 of NARCOS right now,

And for a cold snowy night, just watched ALIENS on Blu-ray. B))

15 hours ago, Graham said:

Apart from Macross Delta (which went down the crapper mid-season), I haven't found any anime I like to watch in ages. The last anime I enjoyed before Delta was the Gundam Thunderbolt OVA and Ghost in the Shell: Arise.

I've been binge watching loads of genre shows recently.......hahaha.

I would say we are experiencing a Golden Age of genre everything, but television in particular.  GoT, Walking Dead(s), Westworld, everything on Netflix.  We're spoiled at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 2:54 PM, Tking22 said:

Yes.  One of the best things to come out on basic cable in a very long time; epic, expansive, and intimate all in one.  Another noteworthy show, of an entirely different genre, is The Expanse... not quite on the same league as Vikings, but fantastic in its own right.

Has anyone else been watching The Good Place? I was very skeptical at first, it looked by the numbers and the network it is on didn't give me much hope, and yet, it was probably my new favorite comedy of 2016. The first season just ended the other night and I have to say, it was probably one of the best season finales I've ever seen, and it had probably one of the best, most satisfying twists I've seen on a show in a VERY long time. If you're looking for a new comedy to watch that isn't super vulgar, or edgy, or over the top, this is definitely worth a watch. The performances were very solid, it was funny without being trying too hard, and the dialogue is quick and smart, highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2017 at 8:44 AM, Tking22 said:

Has anyone else been watching The Good Place? I was very skeptical at first, it looked by the numbers and the network it is on didn't give me much hope, and yet, it was probably my new favorite comedy of 2016. The first season just ended the other night and I have to say, it was probably one of the best season finales I've ever seen, and it had probably one of the best, most satisfying twists I've seen on a show in a VERY long time. If you're looking for a new comedy to watch that isn't super vulgar, or edgy, or over the top, this is definitely worth a watch. The performances were very solid, it was funny without being trying too hard, and the dialogue is quick and smart, highly recommended.

Holy Motherforking Shirtballs

:D

17 hours ago, Graham said:

Just started watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. Awesome show.

Never read the Douglas Adams books, but I gather this show is only very loosly based on the books anyway.

Gee. I wish Netflix US still had exclusive streaming rights to BBC content. * sigh *

Anyway, I'll wait patiently for this to turn up somewhere over here. I've read the two Dirk Gently books (not the third unfinished one). I read somewhere that the written version of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency  had its roots in two old Doctor Who episodes penned by Adams during the Tom Baker era (Shada and City of Death). It will be cool to see where the new show takes the story. I'm also curious to see how it compares to the earlier BBC effort from 2010, which is often criticized for being too short (only 4 episodes).

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to watch the first episode of Time after Time.  It was borderline at best and then 

Spoiler

female lead hits Jack the Ripper on the head knocking him out - then promptly drops the object she hits him with, she goes to untie someone andstarts to step over him on the way out the door...  

gave up watching and deleted the show after that - NOT going to watch a show with that kind of stupidity.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is watching The Americans right, AKA the best show currently on television until Fargo next month? Also, FX is absolutely killing it, they've surpassed AMC in my mind, and are currently rivaling HBO, FX has a number of different shows on that are just absurdly good all around. Legion is fantastic as well, knowing very little about the character because I've never been a huge X-Men fan, I'm liking it a lot! Very trippy, every episode is like another piece of the puzzle, and you're slowly putting the pieces together. I can't wait until the finale so I can re-watch the whole season again and catch everything that I initially missed.

Currently watching or rewatching:

1) Vikings: season 4.

2) Star Trek TNG: Season 4 (rewatching).

3) Iron Fist: Season 3.

4) Supernatural: Season 12.

5) The Flash: Season 3.

6) Star Wars Rebels: Season 3.

Will start on Legion soon.

Just finished Six, which I really enjoyed.

Has anyone else been watching House of Cards? I've been putting this one off for sometime now but started about a month ago or so, wrapping up season 4 and can't wait for season 5. Kevin Spacey is superb in this series! 

On 3/27/2017 at 7:53 PM, derex3592 said:

I started HOC back when it came out, but lost track after Season 2 came out. Need to start over. He is epically good, as is the wife. 

You need to dive back into it! I started binge watching it about 2 months ago, got really into it. The Underwoods will do whatever it takes to succeed. Can't wait for season 5!  B))

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, I watched the first episode and thought Hmmmm, somewhat interesting.... then I realized it was 4am and I was finishing episode 6. I am very curious now to see how it ends.

• 2 months later...

Due to limited TV time as a parent I just discovered Rick and Morty. Great show and extremely witty. However its such a a genius show that I doubt it'll last as a series. Just like The Dave Chappelle Show where it quits while its ahead.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/rick-and-morty-season-3-release-date-delay-dan-harmon-twitter-adult-swim-live-stream-a7809891.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shows I'm currently watching or about to start watching:

• Twin Peaks (2017).
  • Navy SEALs.
  • The Gifted.
  • Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams.
  • Z-Nation (Season 4).
  • The Last Ship (Season 4).
  • Black Mirror (Season 3)
  • Timeless.
  • Star Trek Discovery.

Which reminds me, I need to track down The Orville.