I have a chromecast and do not recommend it. The screen sharing feature is jerky and the audio often goes out of synch. Netflix - already have that on just about every other device. It also does not work in most hotels which is what I bought the thing for in the first place. Reminds me - I need to purchase the cable to attach my latptop to an HDMI port...

Roku 4 is pretty darn awesome and if you have fast internet things are almost instant! I do have to hardboot it occasionally when it doesn't wake up, but other than that it's great!

Does Roku 4 require me to pay a monthly fee or just one time for the device?

Does Roku 4 require me to pay a monthly fee or just one time for the device?

One time fee for the device. There are free channels, but others require a subscription or pay-per-view.

I basically just use Netflix/Amazon Prime and Vudu through the Roku. The first two run about the same --$8-9 each a month and Vudu is pay as you go. It is good for movies or shows you want a really good 1080p/5.1 version of. Between those 3 options I really never run out of things to watch.

Edited by derex3592

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where else to post this but I came across these 3 awesome things on Amazon Prime TV earlier today! First time I've seen Macross officially streamed, not to mention Mospeada and Southern Cross Calvary whatever it's called. Interestingly enough Robotech is on here as well.. both original broadcast version and remastered. Not sure.. maybe HG is loosening the reigns a bit???

post-11393-0-50598200-1471106402_thumb.jpg

So who here watched STRANGER THINGS and currently HBO's The Night Of????

Stranger Things is simply one of the best things I've watched in a looooooong time!

HBO's The Night Of is a very dark crime mystery and example of how messed up the justice/prison system is.

So who here watched STRANGER THINGS and currently HBO's The Night Of????

Stranger Things is simply one of the best things I've watched in a looooooong time!

HBO's The Night Of is a very dark crime mystery and example of how messed up the justice/prison system is.

Dobber got us all hooked on 'Stranger Things' in July:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43946

It was fun. I should watch it again. ^_^

Finished Stranger Things with my wife and son about a week ago. We all really enjoyed it.

Current TV series I'm watching are:

• The Last Ship, Season 3.
  • Dark Matter, Season 2.
  • Killjoys, Season 2.

Also for older shows, just started watching Vikings, Dexter and The Shield, as never seen them before, but thankfully Netflix finally came to Hong Kong this year, so got a lot of catching up to do.......hahaha :)

Graham

Dark Matter and Killjoys have both gotten very interesting this season. I'm still not going to miss them that much if they get cancelled but well worth watching.

I am looking forward to season 2 of "The Expanse" however. And now that "The Walking Dead" has disappointed me one too many times I am giving Z Nation a try.

Currently watching The Get Down on Netflix, pretty good, dripping with style, but it kind of wants to be too many shows at once. It wants to be The Warriors, Boys in the Hood, Jackie Brown, Black Dynamite, and several others in one go. Not bad, not bad at all actually, just a bit confused at times. Great performances though, and EXCELLENT music. I'd recommend it. Once Game of Thrones is over will HBO be relevant anymore? I mean West World could be good, or meandering like Vinyl. Netflix is putting out as much quality content as any of the paid cable channels like HBO, Starz, and Showtime.

• 1 month later...

WestWorld is pretty good. I've seen the first two episodes and like it. I like the how potential of technology is depicted.

I do wish they showed more about how the "software" is put together, but I suppose, that this may be for the better as it would date the show in the future.

I love the talent involved. I feel spoiled watching Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Wright, Ed Harris, and the rest of the great cast deliver the scenes.

I'll have to give Westworld a shot.

However, popped in to say that Based on "The Expanse" I picked up the first book in the series and I'm really liking it. I'll probably have read the whole series by the time the show is back in January (and I'll be watching that too - best thing on SyFy since BSG)

• 2 months later...

Westworld is awesome (actually, still got the last 2 eps to watch, so no spoilers, please)..

Other series I'm currently watching, when and as I have time and dependent on mood:

1) Z Nation, Season 3.

2) Ash vs Evil Dead, season 2.

3) Star Wars Rebels, Season 3.

4) Rewatching Star Trek TOS, season 1 (Yay for Netflix!).

5) Rewatching Star Trek TNG, season 1 (Yay for Netflix!)

6) Black Mirror, season 3.

7) Shooter, season 1.

8 ) Van Helsing, season 1.

Just finished, Aftermath, boy what a train wreck of a series, but it was just so terrible I had to keep watching to the end.

VIKINGS! It's amazing! Is anyone else watching this? The last episode was phenomenal, there are some brilliant performances on this show. Yes at first the hook was high-budgeted Viking violence, but then it turned out to have a great script, excellent actors, and amazing performances! If a show can have a gripping scene involving two men simply having a chat and arguing about the Gods while drunk, you know it's really good stuff.

Yeah I totally forgot about Westworld somehow, even though I watched every episode the second it aired and I went out of my way to ensure I'd be home every Sunday night to watch the newest episode. Brilliant stuff, really expanded on what the original film only got to touch on, great performances, and I love that by the end of the season everything made sense, nothing ambiguous, and nothing drug on.

7 minutes ago, azrael said:

Well... I'm sure that ending will

Reveal hidden contents

...blow your mind.

B))

The finale? It didn't look like anything to me...

Seems I'm hopelessly behind on TV series. Have not watched Westworld or Stranger Things. Should probably cut back on anime (this season looks like it will suck anyway) and catch up.