4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

We just finished the first season of BOSCH on Prime. It's a really good cop series that holds our interest. Lots of good actors and characters too.

Bosch is one of my favorites! It doesn’t reinvent the genre or anything...it just stays consistent and strong.

Chris

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

The trailer screams "No, Don't do it!!!" 

Reality, it's a pretty damn good show and the last episode was epic, hope there's a season 2. 

This was definitely one of those 'It shouldn't be this good' shows. Also due to the twist in the final moments of the season we do need a season 2.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Interested in this. I’m curious if they will address the fact that some of the crew...if not all of them....survived the explosion and at least 1 was conscious for, at least, part of the fall back to the Ocean. So sad.:(

Chris

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Interested in this. I’m curious if they will address the fact that some of the crew...if not all of them....survived the explosion and at least 1 was conscious for, at least, part of the fall back to the Ocean. So sad.:(

Chris

It's a 4 part documentary that deals more with the crew & their families, how the program formed & why putting a Civilian/teacher in space was important than focusing strictly on the explosion its self. Lots of footage I've never seen before and very well done. Does explain the SRB's faults & how they were fixed. 

I recommend it. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's a 4 part documentary that deals more with the crew & their families, how the program formed & why putting a Civilian/teacher in space was important than focusing strictly on the explosion its self. Lots of footage I've never seen before and very well done. Does explain the SRB's faults & how they were fixed. 

I recommend it. 

That sounds great. I’m glad the focus on the crews and families and the purpose behind the mission, rather than just focusing on the disaster itself. I would hope they would go into it though. Thanks for the info....I did forget that I cancelled my Netflix, though, so it’ll be a while before I see it.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

So this weekend I binged through Tartakovsky's Primal. 

It was a nicely done series for something that had zero dialog (not counting grunts), really good use of non-verbal communication. Really violent but had some good emotional points, especially at the start and end of the series. 

Interesting moments (spoilers)

Spoiler

The dynamic between Spear (caveman) and Fang (his dino companion) is well done. They get a full episode to them just bonding over hunting.

The fact Fang developed a fear of snakes was interesting, if for seeing them act like a scared child for once. 

Spear has a rough, and I mean ROUGH journey through this. Losing his family at the start and nearly just ends it episode one. Then at the end he loses Fang, I hope he continues, but man it was a brutal era. 

Only major complaint

Spoiler

So dinosaurs are warm-blooded here? Because there is no way Fang would have lasted like they did during the 'A Cold Death' episode. Especially if Spear was shown freezing his tail off.

Edited by Focslain
Seems the code for spoilers isn't working.

45 minutes ago, Focslain said:

So this weekend I binged through Tartakovsky's Primal. 

It was a nicely done series for something that had zero dialog (not counting grunts), really good use of non-verbal communication. Really violent but had some good emotional points, especially at the start and end of the series. 

Interesting moments (spoilers)

Hide contents

The dynamic between Spear (caveman) and Fang (his dino companion) is well done. They get a full episode to them just bonding over hunting.

The fact Fang developed a fear of snakes was interesting, if for seeing them act like a scared child for once. 

Spear has a rough, and I mean ROUGH journey through this. Losing his family at the start and nearly just ends it episode one. Then at the end he loses Fang, I hope he continues, but man it was a brutal era. 

Only major complaint

Hide contents

So dinosaurs are warm-blooded here? Because there is no way Fang would have lasted like they did during the 'A Cold Death' episode. Especially if Spear was shown freezing his tail off.

Wow... a cold series in more ways than one!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked the first one, though this looks even a little sillier than that. But it is for kids. I still really want a kit of his sleigh though!

And is it me, or is Julian Dennison reprising his character from Dead Pool 2?

Edited by Thom

So, watched/caught up on The Expanse.

Took awhile to get into it, but really good world building and fleshed out characters.

Definitely wanted to see a few a-hole characters get wiped out/put down.  But overall, just a bunch of interesting characters and dynamics going on.

Considering I semi-binged, I’m curious how Season 5 will feel if they release eps once a week.

And since I didn’t see it posted here yet:

On 11/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Anyone else keeping up on FARGO season 4? Only one more episode left next week. 

Yes, and it's been a fantastic season! Chris Rock has been killing it! I am definitely enjoying this season more then season 3, which fell a bit flat for me. I still think the best season was the first, ol Billy Bob and Martin Freeman were brilliant, followed by season 2, this season third, and season 3 would be my least favorite. 

Leave it to Fargo to subvert expectations too, what a fantastic show.

Spoiler

When the older brother accidentally shot himself I lost it, what a crazy, quick turn of events, very, very Fargo.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:03 PM, Mog said:

So, watched/caught up on The Expanse.

Took awhile to get into it, but really good world building and fleshed out characters.

Definitely wanted to see a few a-hole characters get wiped out/put down.  But overall, just a bunch of interesting characters and dynamics going on.

Considering I semi-binged, I’m curious how Season 5 will feel if they release eps once a week.

And since I didn’t see it posted here yet:

Amazon is KILLING me with this on episode a week thing!!! First The Boys, now The Expanse!!! Arrrrrggggg!!! I know I won't have the self control to not watch the episodes as they come out. But I really enjoy shows more when I can binge watch them. Ah crap, maybe I will see if I do have the self control.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:10 PM, derex3592 said:

Yes! Freakin LOVE this show! Best Sci-Fi since NuBSG IMHO! 

Agreed. And I would say as good as NuBSG, just different flavors.

The books are really, really, really good. They really pound on the physics of being in space. And flesh the characters out more. Something that they do on the show, but can't do as well as a book I'm guessing mostly due to budget. And some practical shooting issues. For example, the Roci's interior size doesn't match the exterior size. And the Roci's interior deck layout is too wide open (probably because of shooting) and also....the wrong orientation.:lol: It bums me out that the acceleration couches aren't up to book spec. but I understand that is 100% budget. They would cost a bloody fortune to re-create. A whole lot more than the hopped up race car seats they use in the show.

My only real complaint about the show is Bobbie Draper. The actor was completely unbelievable as Bobbie in season 2. A little better in season 3. It doesn't help that physically she doesn't pull off "bad arse" at all.  Her slumped shoulders and overall slow movements betray the character......a lot. Her fight scene in the drug lab in season 4 was embarrassing. They had to make about a million jump cuts because she can't move. In this day and age actors go through inedible body transformations and a ton of training for parts. It's becoming the norm. It would have been nice to see Frankie Adams (the actor that pays Bobbie) put in a third of the effort you see with things like the Avengers/John Wick and really nail the Bobbi character. Full disclosure, I'm a little biased. I'm deep in the fitness/weight training/bodybuilding/powerlifting world as well as competitive shooting, etc. I have pretty high standards. And Bobbie is one of my favorite characters. That said, I do understand the difficulty in finding attractive 6' tall woman who isn't a bean pole who can act. That's got to be a short list.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:11 AM, ErikElvis said:

Finished Norseman on Netflix recently. Pretty good little comedy

LOL!

On 11/22/2020 at 11:56 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Anyone else keeping up on FARGO season 4? Only one more episode left next week. 

I've been waiting for this to end so I can binge it. Good heads up!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Amazon is KILLING me with this on episode a week thing!!! First The Boys, now The Expanse!!! Arrrrrggggg!!! I know I won't have the self control to not watch the episodes as they come out. But I really enjoy shows more when I can binge watch them. Ah crap, maybe I will see if I do have the self control.

..snip

The only up-side to having to watch per week, unless the self-control is strong enough to wait until the entire season is out, is that the show lasts longer.:D Binging it is fun, but then you have to wait about a year (in nonCovid times) for more.

Just now, Thom said:

The only up-side to having to watch per week, unless the self-control is strong enough to wait until the entire season is out, is that the show lasts longer.:D Binging it is fun, but then you have to wait about a year (in nonCovid times) for more.

I'm not feeling real glass half full on this subject.:p

ME LIKE BINGE!!!