On 3/16/2019 at 5:12 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Super late to the party on this one but I finally had some free time to watch Barry. Bill Hader is without a doubt one of our best actors out there, the show has that even blending of being quite dark mixed with humor. 

If you're like me and still on the fence give it a watch, you'll like it! 

All set for season 2 now. 

I love Noho Hank. Cracks me up every time!:yahoo:

On 6/17/2019 at 1:12 AM, 505thAirborne said:

Just finished watching this one. I highly recommend it and if Christina Applegate does not get an award for her acting... there's something wrong in the world. :D

My wife an I had a GREAT time watching this.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

This was a great watch. The Boys on Amazon.

Agreed.  I liked it way more than I expected.  Perhaps more than Umbrella Academy which I really dug.  I still surprised that superhero shows can bring something new to the table.

Eager for the next season of both of those.  Now we get to see how good Watchmen is relative to those.

We truly live in the golden age of geekdom.

Final Space on TBS and Adult Swim is probably one of the best sci-fi shows you’re  not watching. The finale for an emotional and great season 2 just aired last night. The show is really building a great mythology and is finding a great balance of humor and serious story telling. I think once people realize it’s not supposed to be another Rick and Morty and accept it for what it is they’d really enjoy it. Kind of like how people expected The Orville to be a Star Trek spoof when it was never supposed to be.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

39 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Next season of The Expanse starts on December 13th.  With Star Wars and Lost in Space also getting released December is looking like a great month for my SciFi fix!  (even if Star Wars is only so so).  Doe The Expanse have it's own thread?

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-expanse-nycc-2019

I think the Expanse has only been discussed here, I looked around and didn't an a thread specifically for it. B))

14 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

@505thAirborne I need a new scifi show to watch..should I try The Expanse?

I've only watched the first season and thought it was really good. I definitely need to catch up. The special effects are on par with BSG from what I remember. 

21 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

@505thAirborne I need a new scifi show to watch..should I try The Expanse?

I say go for it. Give it a go, It's popped up in a number of threads on the forum with strong recommendations. I'm all caught up and waiting for the new season.

Myself, I still need to start reading the books that the show is based on.

On 10/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, Dynaman said:

Next season of The Expanse starts on December 13th.  With Star Wars and Lost in Space also getting released December is looking like a great month for my SciFi fix!  (even if Star Wars is only so so).  Doe The Expanse have it's own thread?

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-expanse-nycc-2019

This is going to be fun. Something to binge during the christmas vacation.

Finally just got around to finishing the last few episodes of the GRRM based Nightflyers on Netflix.

I'd watched up to episode 6  when it was first released and then I got bored. and moved onto other things.

Finally decided to push myself to finish it last week, but what a shitty ending/non-ending.

And from what I've researched it's not been picked up for a second season either.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:38 PM, TangledThorns said:

Well, damn. Robert Forster just passed last night and his last role was El Camino. RIP.

El Camino was one of the best films he ever made.  It's just a shame he didn't live long enough to bask in the accolades.

• azrael changed the title to General TV & Streaming thread
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the most recent episode of Mr. Robot.

Good gravy!! :blink:

The ep starts off a bit over dramatic.  But by the end of it, it delivers a vicious gut-punch.

The clues have been there, scattered and sprinkled throughout the past three seasons, but . . . damn.

Kinda flips everything on its head and makes me rethink all the assumptions about the story.