A lot of crazy things happening on both Arrow and the Flash, I'm still pretty blown away by how much I enjoy the Flash, I was really skeptical when it was announced. These little breaks are annoying, but I can deal with it, the previews always get me pumped, I still can't believe we're getting Grodd, that's about as ambitious as you can get. I've seen some people complain Ray is eating up too much Arrow time, I disagree however, if he's to be in the spin off I want some solid time with him, plus Brandon Routh incredibly likeable in the role. I'm looking forward to the return of both shows, the three way team up with GA, Flash, and Firestorm looks crazy, and did I see it correctly, was Ollie in a League of Assassins outfit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Technically, that's CBS, not CW.

This however is CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

I like how they progress the costumes and powers of this universe. Green Arrow slowly gets the mask. Flash slowly learns to use his powers and hopefully, get a brighter red suit with the white back emblem (loved that nod from Cisco a couple weeks ago). Black Canary slowly getting her arse kicked less. And Atom. He's gotta learn to fly first before he shrinks. :D

Super girl doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. But I have doubts the series will catch on.

And last nights end of arrow kinda disappointed me, almost pissed me off actually but I kept my cool.

I guess overall I was not happy with the way the season developed and flash was kind of the saving grace to keep watching the CW.

Super girl doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. But I have doubts the series will catch on.

And last nights end of arrow kinda disappointed me, almost pissed me off actually but I kept my cool.

I guess overall I was not happy with the way the season developed and flash was kind of the saving grace to keep watching the CW.

Yeah, Arrow's season finale was a "meh". But at the same time, I'm still on the lookout for The Flash season finale.

Damn Flashpoint possibility... possibly making the whole damn year an alternate timeline...freakin ball of timey whimey...

Well that's it, both show stoppers are over and AGAIN, underwhelmed. Last 15 minutes of flash was the luke warm interesting part of it all and then the last 5 minutes were the best even throwing in a little trinket, litterally and ending on a cliffhanger. All in all though it was still a waste that this could of been such a strong closing for the season and I felt it was just dull. nothing spectacular or amazing until the end. Damn.

Well, in Flashpoint...

Barry never had anyone to give him advice. He just did it and boom. The events here play out differently. But damn, that Jay Garrick-easter egg. And according to interviews posted today, more speedsters are coming next season.

Yes, it was a slow start. But damn, that finish.

I know a lot of people bagged on the Arrow ending, but I liked it, I was more meh about The Flash's ending. The ending for Arrow, while maybe not what people wanted, created an actual ending. It could actually have served as a series finale if they wanted it to. Olie is not a peace, and happy. Everyone else is set up on their own paths, that could lead to spin offs, sequels, etc... At the same time it leaves the door open to future seasons by not completely closing the door on things.
The Flash on the other hand left us with a typical cliffhanger but this one will require a major Deus-Ex to clear up, probably will tie directly into the new spin off series.

Yeah I know that but did he just have to go back to his room and walk through that same space or did he have to run real fast again?

Same space probably, thats why all the talk of the 1:52 time limit.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Damian Character mentioned by Raz the guy controling "HIVE" whome killed Diggle's brother?

It hasn't been explicitly stated that he is the head of the HIVE we think they're talking about.

• 1 month later...

Holy crap. I just started the Flash and I am 8 episodes in and it's such a good show.

I've never been a huge DC fan, and I always avoided the Flash because I thought he was boring and goofy, but I love how science based the show is, and it strikes a good balance between serious and fun. Really glad I started it. Total Spider-man vibe but it has this DC quality to it that I like.

And the writing is amazing. The pop culture references are right on

My main question is.... what do all those meta's down down in the basement? Who feeds them? Where do they pee?

I'll have to check out Arrow too.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm hyped for more Arrow and The Flash. Ollie's new costume is looking good, very New 52, plus he basically admitted he will be going by Green Arrow this season! I'm glad others are catching onto these shows, The Flash in particular. If the DC cinematic universe ends up being a bust, which I still think it absolutely will be, at least we've got the DC TV series to fall back on, there doesn't appear to be any end in sight for these shows.

Edited by Tking22

Finished up the Flash last night. Definitely a really great experience. The writing on the show is top notch, and all the story telling and development was fantastic.

After watching this and Daredevil, I have to say that I think TV is a better medium for graphic stories than Movies. You just can't get this depth of development in movies, even movies strung together like the Avengers films, due to the way Hollywood treats audiences like they are toddlers.

Also, coming in fresh on the Flash was really nice, since I never really read it as a kid. I vaguely remembered Firestorm and Grodd, but it was all new territory for me. The reverse flash is great. I think Tom Cavanagh and Jesse Martin put in some of the best comic story acting I can remember. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Although technically not CW, it is Arrow Related. Stephen Amell is finally making an appearance on WWE Raw after 3 months of being hickled by Star Dust since the end of May. Will Amell accept the challenge and face off with Star Dust? Or will he finally say "Dude, STFU and go to bed you dreamer."

OH YES! In fact, OH HELL YES! Matt Ryan returns to TV as Constantine, on Arrow, the crossover is actually happening!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/11/constantine-officially-set-to-appear-on-arrow?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Blogroll

And now, my day is much better.

Edited by Tking22

OH YES! In fact, OH HELL YES! Matt Ryan returns to TV as Constantine, on Arrow, the crossover is actually happening!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/11/constantine-officially-set-to-appear-on-arrow?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Blogroll

And now, my day is much better.

So Stoked. I love Constantine!

So a triple post may be a bit much, but the news is pouring in, and I think this is quite relevant. Barry's new suit looks awesome, I can't wait for it to debut, plus, and it's just a tiny thing, but for me it's huge, DAT WHITE CHEST SYMBOL THOUGH.

original.jpg

I love how things are slowly evolving. First they brought meta-humans to the universe. Now it's time to bring on the mystical arts. party-smiley-017.gif

As for Jay Garrick, I wish they blended some of the new Earth-2-comic costume. Oh well, nothing wrong with the classic.

So a triple post may be a bit much, but the news is pouring in, and I think this is quite relevant. Barry's new suit looks awesome, I can't wait for it to debut, plus, and it's just a tiny thing, but for me it's huge, DAT WHITE CHEST SYMBOL THOUGH.

That's not the new suit. We actually got a pic from Comic Con 2015.

flash_main.jpg

Baby steps. Eventually it gets a brighter shade of red.

That's not the new suit. We actually got a pic from Comic Con 2015.

flash_main.jpg

Baby steps. Eventually it gets a brighter shade of red.

I guess I should have specified, while what we saw at Comic Con is his new suit for the majority of season 2, he apparently gets a brand new one at the end of the season. From what I'm reading that Comic Con suit is essentially the season 1 suit, but with the updated white symbol, apparently the buffer lighter one is from later in the season, since it's filming now little bits here and there are starting to pop up.

Edit: Hopefully I'm not looking too much into that awesome looking buffer suit, I still see design bits of the old one in it, I saw that Comic Con image and several others when CW put out the promotional pics of the new suit a while back. I'm trying to find the article I was on, but yea, it seems the image I posted was possibly a bit of a spoiler, Barry is supposedly getting the much more badass suit towards the end of the season.

Edited by Tking22

I guess I should have specified, while what we saw at Comic Con is his new suit for the majority of season 2, he apparently gets a brand new one at the end of the season. From what I'm reading that Comic Con suit is essentially the season 1 suit, but with the updated white symbol, apparently the buffer lighter one is from later in the season, since it's filming now little bits here and there are starting to pop up.

The pic you posted is from DeviantArt.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Flash-Future-Suit-Mockup-spoilers-in-desc-511831914

And since they haven't written the end of season episodes, I wouldn't jump on it yet.