Think we're gonna need a new thread come September.

This full length trailer really sold me, it looks fantastic. Boy the effects have really come a long way since Wally West's running effects on Smallville. I think the production value is pretty amazing, I just hope they can keep it up, with a character like The Flash they'll more than likely need effects on every episode. CW is nailing it with the live action DC stuff, Arrow had an amazing finale in my opinion, and The Flash is looking badass, I just kind of wish the new Constantine was connected to these series as well, get a little New 52 crossover action happening.

This full length trailer really sold me, it looks fantastic. Boy the effects have really come a long way since Wally West's running effects on Smallville. I think the production value is pretty amazing, I just hope they can keep it up, with a character like The Flash they'll more than likely need effects on every episode. CW is nailing it with the live action DC stuff, Arrow had an amazing finale in my opinion, and The Flash is looking badass, I just kind of wish the new Constantine was connected to these series as well, get a little New 52 crossover action happening.

I believe The Flash (they called him Impulse actually) is Bart, not Wally. He did have stolen IDs with all the other Flash's names.

I believe The Flash (they called him Impulse actually) is Bart, not Wally. He did have stolen IDs with all the other Flash's names.

In the Smallville Season 11 digital comic, they established that Jay Garrick exists in the Smallville universe and that he was the first speedster.

Oh I see. I never knew there was a digital comic. I was referring to the one in the actual show.

Jay shows up in the digital comic, but he showed up in the JSA episode in a flashback. So technically, that establishes his status as the 1st speedster in the Smallville-universe.

Simple mix up, for some reason I remembered Wally being Flash in Smallville, I haven't watched it in quite a while, and I am WAY behind on the season 11 comic. I remember Jay appearing in the Justice Society episodes, which were some of my favorites.

• 1 month later...

I posted this in the Superman V Batman thread as well, Stephen Amell is hinting at big news for Comic-Con, this could possibly mean he will join the Snyder DC universe, or it could just be news for the next season of Arrow, after watching the leaked Flash pilot, I think there's a good chance he will join Superman V Batman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/03/arrow-star-stephen-amell-teases-big-comic-con-plans

I posted this in the Superman V Batman thread as well, Stephen Amell is hinting at big news for Comic-Con, this could possibly mean he will join the Snyder DC universe, or it could just be news for the next season of Arrow, after watching the leaked Flash pilot, I think there's a good chance he will join Superman V Batman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/03/arrow-star-stephen-amell-teases-big-comic-con-plans

Stephen has gone on record stating he is NOT taking part in Superman VS Batman.

Hey Guys -- I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman. I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman.

Taken from his FB page.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait, season 3 news and promotional stuff is just now starting to flood out.

arrow_602x800.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/23/see-colton-haynes-in-full-costume-as-arsenal-in-arrow-season-3

Kind of interesting that they're going straight to Arsenal, the nickname Speedy was teased in the first season I believe, but since Ollie still isn't called the Green Arrow quite yet, I guess it's fitting that Roy doesn't start calling himself Red Arrow.

Looks cool, if a little busy -- I could do with fewer straps and laces, but I like the overall look and colors. The one thing I want to know is how Roy is going to get so good at archery that he's allowed to go on duty already. He's only had a season of training under his belt. Before they cured him of the Mirakuru, I thought that they were going to go the route of the drug enabling him to pick it faster.

Looks cool, if a little busy -- I could do with fewer straps and laces, but I like the overall look and colors. The one thing I want to know is how Roy is going to get so good at archery that he's allowed to go on duty already. He's only had a season of training under his belt. Before they cured him of the Mirakuru, I thought that they were going to go the route of the drug enabling him to pick it faster.

Don't you know, in the comic book world straps and pouches add awesome? On a serious note, there's supposed to be a large time jump since the end of last season, Roy's apparently trained up at this point, also we don't know to what capacity or how he actually operates, he could still be stuck working with Ollie only and he can't go solo yet.

Extended trailer is out, provided by Stephen Amell himself, nearly the same footage until the end, we get an official confirmation of the main villain of season 3, he's been teased for awhile, but it seems the Dragon himself is finally coming to Starlin...er...Star City. Plus it's good to see Brandon Routh back in something DC related.

Extended trailer is out, provided by Stephen Amell himself, nearly the same footage until the end, we get an official confirmation of the main villain of season 3, he's been teased for awhile, but it seems the Dragon himself is finally coming to Starlin...er...Star City. Plus it's good to see Brandon Routh back in something DC related.

No..The Demon or the Demon's Head..

Pretty cool news, and as I said above, Brandon Routh is Ray Palmer, who eventually becomes Atom.

If you haven't seen the leaked Flash pilot, I'll keep this spoiler'd.

I would like to see Routh's Ray Palmer will show up in Flash to try to buy up what's left of STAR Labs. The sneak peak shows him as a bidder for Queen Consolidated. We're already getting a crossover this season. Let's start trading characters here and there.

It will be interesting to see how they address that he is involved with Teryl Rothery, aka, Jean Loring, Moria's attorney from S2.

• 2 months later...

Been a regular watcher of this show for a while now and love it! I didn't know there was a thread here for it because I wasn't familiar with "CW" here in Australia!

Glad I've got some people to discuss yet another "you wouldn't understand" interest with. :D

Has here been any official word on whether or not (please god not) this is a part of the ongoing DC cinematic universe? I am really liking both shows, and as there has been no mention of the superman movie I am hoping that it is seperate. Though, I do think it would fit better in the Nolan Batman universe, especially if the rumor that Liam Neeson would like to reprise his role as Ras Al'Ghul on the show pans out.

Has here been any official word on whether or not (please god not) this is a part of the ongoing DC cinematic universe? I am really liking both shows, and as there has been no mention of the superman movie I am hoping that it is seperate.

Geoff Johns has stated that they wish to keep the DCCU and the DCTU on 2 separate planes of existence.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/features/gotham-flash-arrow-shield-fall-tv-comic-book-heroes-1201306686/

"We want to give freedom to creators… so that they can take their passion [and make] the best show, the best film, the best game without having to tie it into other things," Geoff Johns told the site. "Yes, it's got to be adapted and expanded, whether it goes from TV to comics or comics to film, but the DNA of it is always true."

Now, that's not to say that they can't borrow actors for a cameo or 2 here or there.

Though, I do think it would fit better in the Nolan Batman universe, especially if the rumor that Liam Neeson would like to reprise his role as Ras Al'Ghul on the show pans out.

They did ask Liam Nesson.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/liam-neeson-was-offered-the-role-of-ras-al-ghul-in-arrow

Mark Pedowitz, president of The CW, told BuzzFeed that the network reached out to Neeson, who played Ra's al Ghul in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. “We never thought he would,” said Pedowitz. “We quickly went to him, just on the off-chance that he had the time to do it.”

But Neeson didn't have time for filming Arrow, even though he was willing to return as The Demon's Head. That ultimately gave way for Australian actor Matt Nable to tackle the role. Nable is set to premiere as Ra's al Ghul on Arrow during the fourth episode of this season.

Part of me wants Nesson to show up at the end of the season pulling the good-olde switchero.

Think that'd be cool, unlikely it'd ever happen but none the less cool if it did witht he switchero.

My mother keeps calling roy "Speedy" which is hilarious.

But I am kind of wondering who commited last weeks unspeakable horrific attack. I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Since there is no Flash thread could it just be merged with this one into Arrow/Flash CW thread? I want to comment on The Flash as well, it's the same universe, and they air only one night apart, I didn't want to start a new thread because I thought it would be a bit of a waste. That all said, The Flash is proving to be pretty awesome as well, Grant Gustin sold me on his Barry, Weather Wizard and Multiplex were well done visually, lacking beyond that unfortunately, I'm looking forward to the crossover later in the season with Arrow, I believe it's entitled Flash vs Arrow.

I was excited to see shipp play a role in the series AND remaining an Allen on top of that. I squealed like a girl and was surprised my mother even recognized him from the old short lived series. i hope this version lasts more than 22 episodes.