Pretty epic so far, that first two minutes had some fun nods, 89 Batman universe with Alex Knox from the original film, garbage Titans from DC Universe getting a quick nod, and as expected, a nice little quicky cameo from Burt Ward and Ace the Bathound. So as far as spoilers go:

Spoiler

Ollie is coming back as Spectre right? There's no way he's just in the first part of the crossover, plus he has the Arrow finale and backdoor pilot for Canary and the Green Arrow, or whatever, to do. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Pretty epic so far, that first two minutes had some fun nods, 89 Batman universe with Alex Knox from the original film, garbage Titans from DC Universe getting a quick nod, and as expected, a nice little quicky cameo from Burt Ward and Ace the Bathound. So as far as spoilers go:

Hide contents

Ollie is coming back as Spectre right? There's no way he's just in the first part of the crossover, plus he has the Arrow finale and backdoor pilot for Canary and the Green Arrow, or whatever, to do. 

Spoiler

Yes, he should be back. When? Dunno. Likely when the Spectre gets whacked by the Anti-Monitor. I mean, you can't kill the Spectre, but you can eliminate his host.

3 hours ago, glane21 said:

So Brandon Routh plays both the Atom and Kingdom Come universe Superman, right?  

As azrael already posted, yes. But he's also a continuation of his Returns Superman, which was a continuation of Reeves Superman from Superman 1 and 2. Very sad and somber road for poor Reeves Superman :(. Joker is a dick. 

image.png.6376079fa7a85e021d95c0cb84895fb3.png

26 minutes ago, azrael said:

Now...

Reveal hidden contents

Will Harbringer kill The Monitor like the comic?

With how last night's episode ended, I very much believe that's the direction we're heading in. 

On another note, Routh was FANTASTIC as Superman, as expected. It needs repeated, he is still a brilliant Clark and Supes, the movie around him failed him :(. This seems to have happened with each Superman movie since the Reeve classics, excellent casting, but the movie around the actor is a failure. Routh did as good a job as anyone could have stepping into the classic Reeve Superman shoes. That classic theme gave me a big smile.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of people that weren't happy with Conroy's take on Batman, for me personally, I enjoyed it. Of course, his voice in live action was a bit off-putting at first, but then he keeps talking and you just sink in. I liked his Batman, it inverted expectations, and for Kate, will probably be a big deal moving forward.

Spoiler

She finally meets Bruce, a Bruce, not hers but still. After all that time, expecting the Bruce most know, and getting an old, murderous, all hope is lost Batman/Bruce was a pretty great twist. She didn't hear what she wanted and expected to hear, she got the opposite, the last thing she wanted to hear from the man she is aspiring to honor and take after. Everyone was so ready for Kevin to be Kingdom Come Batman, or at minimum a standard fair good guy Batman and nope, he became a monster, and quoted Dark Knight Returns in the process. Well done. 

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Also, I'm seeing a lot of people that weren't happy with Conroy's take on Batman, for me personally, I enjoyed it. Of course, his voice in live action was a bit off-putting at first, but then he keeps talking and you just sink in. I liked his Batman, it inverted expectations, and for Kate, will probably be a big deal moving forward.

I didn't mind that Bats either.

Spoiler

It's the Batman that quit (And Batman NEVER quits). People forget that Batman is only a few stones away from breaking, losing hope, tipping toward the abyss. As the saying goes, it's why Batman needs a Robin. And I'm guessing enough happened to this Batman to push him over the edge.

My only complaint about this Batman was he cried for Kate. Most of the stories I'm use to have Batman knowing Kate can take care of herself. The thing he would cry over would be one of the Robins.

I did like this portrayal of Conroy's Batman.

Spoiler

It's easy enough to show yet another heroic Batman, though one old and broken. Showing one who has stepped over the edge and didn't have that 'Martha moment' with Superman was a nice twist.

I would like to see him come back as the Earth 1 Batman. Have him do some old recordings that Kate finds or we hear his voice on the phone maybe talking to Fox. Build it up until we get the reveal as to why he left Gotham.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ready for it to come back, we have unfinished business to take care of. The Luthor swap at the end of the last episode was fantastic, Cryer is very quickly becoming my favorite live action Lex, he just seems to have so much fun in such an over the top evil role. Also, while the majority of the Legends got the okay from Sara to skip this crossover, it seems we're getting some more bonus Rory, seeing him holding the child of, and quieting down the child of Superman was hilarious, he's always had that gentle touch when necessary. Also, yes, Ollie is going full Spectre, makes sense that the guy that started all this becomes an ultra powerful savior at the end, very fitting. 

Ok. I have to agree that I joined in this crossover so late and watch it via CW app. I did enjoy the first 2 parts. Love seeing and hearing Kevin's Bruce. Plus the other cameos.

For those who follow all of this CQ DC series, I just have a few questions since I haven't followed any of the series by a season or two.

The reasons why I haven't caught up is because I got tired of everyone knowing their secret identities. What's the point of having secret identities if basically all the main cast and some supporting characters of the show not to mention some supporting casts from the other shows also knows about it. I mean, I would understand if the heroes between shows knows their secret identity but if the entire cast knows about it, I really find it weird. The heroes doesn't carry the weight now of why they're wearing masks. And the other reason is that I got tired of every episodes that has too much drama. I really don't mind having some drama in there but if it's going to be on each episodes, then yeah, I'm out.

Anyways... back to my question:

First, does everyone and every guests knows who's who between shows?

Second, does each episodes still have too much drama/emotional burden?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Thom said:

That was an awesome scene when the two Barry's got to meet. Still bummed that they wimped out of the Flash disappearance that had been hanging over the show almost from the start. They just tossed 90's Flash in as a sacrifice.

I kind of liked it, I thought it was a clever enough out for Grant Gustin Flash, a bit of a cop out yes, but it was technically correct, a Flash did indeed disappear. It was also a nice send off for John Wesley Flash, we even got that tiny little scene from his old series, it was well done. 

This crossover was brilliant, tons of fun, it had surprises, it was pretty much exactly what I wanted, I was giddy like a little school girl through these last two episodes, it was just so much fun. I'm glad the Earths merged, using a stupid device to jump every time was lame, or Flash having to run there, the same thing he does to get anywhere, was lame. I honestly didn't expect Black Lightning to get merged as well, but I can deal, he's in the frakking Justice League! Plus that, we finally got our CW Justice League! That was awesome, though I'm wondering if they can even call themselves that, I would imagine WB would be okay with it at this point, their multi-million dollar movie Flash showed up and talked to TV Grant Gustin Flash, why not? 

Great send offs at the end, Routh Superman changed back to his Christopher Reeve/Superman Returns colors, the Justice League was formed, apparently Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern is still out there doing something, Lex pulled some shenanigans and will probably be a regular villain on the Superman and Lois show, and Ollie's legacy is cemented, he's the guy that started it all, and saved everyone and everything. Aside from whatever he has to do for these last few episodes of Arrow, he's earned his rest. I'm wondering if we'll get more minor crossovers now, with the heroes finally forming a real team, or League, why not? I too am wondering how Black Lighting will continue on, he had Supergirl on his Earth, not this one, but clearly other supers existed, but now he's a member of the League, he's got friends and backup, heavy hitters too. 

I just finished the crossover, I mean yeah I got a kick seeing Ezra's Flash with Gustin's Flash. But overall I was not surprised that the big group joining into Earth Prime, I knew this would eventually occur since CBS & CW joined up to do the first network crossover.
The Gleek cameo had me scratching my head, I completely forgot about that lil monkey cause it'd be decades since I watched any of the old Super Friends cartoons.

Thought finale fight was lackluster. Loved the Ezra Miller-Flash cameo. We are now one big multiversal-DC family. Props.

While I don't see Lex being a continuous baddie on Superman's show next year, I think he'll be hopping in and out from time to time. I think they want to focus on the familial-aspect of Clark and Lois raising their boys (Super-Sons is/was a fun comic watching Jon Kent and Damian Wayne interact and I hope they bring in Damian to that show at some point).

As for how they'll all interact, I imagine it will be "Get out of my city. NOW." When Batwoman premiered last year, that was her attitude. I imagine they will want to keep it that way. Not to mention the headache of guest stars and costumes flying out the the filming cities (Black Lightning is filmed in Atlanta/Atlanta-area, Batwoman does their outdoor shots in Chicago). 

I do hope to see more JSA and Infinity Inc. (i.e. Jon-Whesley Shipp/Jay Garrick-Flash) on Stargirl.

9 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I kind of liked it, I thought it was a clever enough out for Grant Gustin Flash, a bit of a cop out yes, but it was technically correct, a Flash did indeed disappear. It was also a nice send off for John Wesley Flash, we even got that tiny little scene from his old series, it was well done. 

This crossover was brilliant, tons of fun, it had surprises, it was pretty much exactly what I wanted, I was giddy like a little school girl through these last two episodes, it was just so much fun. I'm glad the Earths merged, using a stupid device to jump every time was lame, or Flash having to run there, the same thing he does to get anywhere, was lame. I honestly didn't expect Black Lightning to get merged as well, but I can deal, he's in the frakking Justice League! Plus that, we finally got our CW Justice League! That was awesome, though I'm wondering if they can even call themselves that, I would imagine WB would be okay with it at this point, their multi-million dollar movie Flash showed up and talked to TV Grant Gustin Flash, why not? 

Great send offs at the end, Routh Superman changed back to his Christopher Reeve/Superman Returns colors, the Justice League was formed, apparently Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern is still out there doing something, Lex pulled some shenanigans and will probably be a regular villain on the Superman and Lois show, and Ollie's legacy is cemented, he's the guy that started it all, and saved everyone and everything. Aside from whatever he has to do for these last few episodes of Arrow, he's earned his rest. I'm wondering if we'll get more minor crossovers now, with the heroes finally forming a real team, or League, why not? I too am wondering how Black Lighting will continue on, he had Supergirl on his Earth, not this one, but clearly other supers existed, but now he's a member of the League, he's got friends and backup, heavy hitters too. 

No argument there. It was very well done! Sad and heroic. Bittersweet. But all the news headlines pictured Gustin's Barry, in that he was the one who vanished and not an alternate. Still hoping they'll surprise us with it finally happening for the season finale.

As for the rest, definitely a fun crossover!  From looking at the compilation as Ollie was doing the voice-over, I'm assuming that a number of alternate universes are still out there and that only the CW shows were merged. Which I like, it's having the best of both worlds!

• 2 weeks later...