1 hour ago, Thom said:

That is a cool bit of easter egg!

Agreed.  They keep skirting the line to bring Batman in.  What is preventing it?  Does Fox have exclusive rights to the character on TV?
If they do, that raises an interesting question.  Does that mean that mean that Disney now owns the TV rights to Batman?  You'd think DC would scramble to get those back if that's the case.

First photo of the Arrowverse Anti-Monitor. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/16/crisis-infinite-earths-anti-monitor-lamonica-garrett-photo-arrowverse/

tout-2.jpg

And the CW has cast Stephen Lobo as the Arrowverse incarnation of Detective Jim Corrigan. No story details yet, but in the comics, Corrigan was a host to The Spectre. 

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/crisis-on-infinite-earths-casts-former-continuum-supernatural-vet-stephen-lobo-as-the-spectre-a171159

MV5BMTk4YTU3YjItYWU0Ny00ZDlhLTkxOTItYTNj

I've been watching Batwoman on CW's streaming site, and I'm really enjoying the show. Things seem to be picking up with episode three too, given that we now have a more identifiable Bat costume like how we saw Ruby Rose dressed for the part in Elseworlds. I was afraid this was going to be a stinker given all the social media outrage, but as someone who is new to Batwoman the slower two-episode introduction to CW's iteration of Kate Kane and her alter ego has been very helpful.

If I were to critique one thing, though, it's that I would expect more criminals to be out and about pushing the limits of the city police and the private security force that appears to be trying to take Batman's place. Having Alice be the focus in the early episodes is understandable, but leaves me wanting for more. I guess I need to be patient. ;)

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Same.. I've been liking it, in fact better than SG this season. Also wish they had more of a lawless look to Gotham. There are a lot of homeless around Wayne Tower, but very little evident crime.

With Supergirl, I like how they are developing Lena into a mastermind twisted by her good intentions and perceived betrayals. It reminds me of how Lex was written at the beginning of Smallville to some extent. J'onn's tangent with is brother is a little contrived, but not outside of the realm of any other contrived comic book twist and I did enjoy his bit in Monday's episode.

I'm holding judgement on other story elements, especially that new CatCo reporter and the new owner--not sure what to make of either of them.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

I'm holding judgement on other story elements, especially that new CatCo reporter and the new owner--not sure what to make of either of them.

They're tying in to Leviathan which is the overarching villain of the season. But that's been a slow burn.

10 hours ago, technoblue said:

With Supergirl, I like how they are developing Lena into a mastermind twisted by her good intentions and perceived betrayals. It reminds me of how Lex was written at the beginning of Smallville to some extent. J'onn's tangent with is brother is a little contrived, but not outside of the realm of any other contrived comic book twist and I did enjoy his bit in Monday's episode.

For me it's feeling more contrived than anything else. Unless she's suffering from some kind of mental breakdown or acute psychosis, I find it hard to think that she can't understand or see how evil her intentions are. They say that this is a battle for Lena's soul, but I think it may be more a fight for her sanity. In that way, I'm really hoping this is more Hope's doing, seeing how often Lena is connected through the contact/interface things. Maybe Hope is subtly influencing her thoughts and action. But if she is in her right mind, then I see little way other than more contrivance for her to get away with an 'oh sorry, I was angry/hurt, my bad.'

This is incredibly worse than Kara just not telling her she was Supergirl. This is Lex-level of criminal intent.

I have to say I was much happier when she was just angry and wanting Kara to 'pay' for making her feel left out and 'betrayed.' At least that is more rational than Lena wanting to mind-control everyone.

Edited by Thom

10 hours ago, azrael said:

They're tying in to Leviathan which is the overarching villain of the season. But that's been a slow burn.

Ah! I didn't think to connect the dots when Lena and Eve where having their heart to heart. There is more to the cloak and dagger business with Ms. Teschmacher at the end of last season? That makes more sense now. Looking forward to see how that develops, especially given Eve's new situation.

2 hours ago, Thom said:

For me it's feeling more contrived than anything else. Unless she's suffering from some kind of mental breakdown or acute psychosis, I find it hard to think that she can't understand or see how evil her intentions are. They say that this is a battle for Lena's soul, but I think it may be more a fight for her sanity. In that way, I'm really hoping this is more Hope's doing, seeing how often Lena is connected through the contact/interface things. Maybe Hope is subtly influencing her thoughts and action. But if she is in her right mind, then I see little way other than more contrivance for her to get away with an 'oh sorry, I was angry/hurt, my bad.'

This is incredibly worse than Kara just not telling her she was Supergirl. This is Lex-level of criminal intent.

I have to say I was much happier when she was just angry and wanting Kara to 'pay' for making her feel left out and 'betrayed.' At least that is more rational than Lena wanting to mind-control everyone.

When it comes to her research, I do think the SG has been good with showing us how Lena is ethically compromised. Even when she has good intentions, her solutions get the people around her caught up in an even bigger mess. I would like to see the writers further develop what it is that's driving Lena to do questionable things. I agree that it's silly if Kara was that last straw which became Lena's tipping point into supervillainy. The idea that there is some sore of mental illness/breakdown which is feeding into Lena's changing character makes more sense, especially given what happened between her and Lex last season. However, I also think it would be a challenge to do a story on mental illness justice as it can be a sensitive topic.

The Hope angle is making me curious too, and yeah it could stand as a neat parallel to J'onn's story. 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Ah! I didn't think to connect the dots when Lena and Eve where having their heart to heart. There is more to the cloak and dagger business with Ms. Teschmacher at the end of last season? That makes more sense now. Looking forward to see how that develops, especially given Eve's new situation.

When it comes to her research, I do think the SG has been good with showing us how Lena is ethically compromised. Even when she has good intentions, her solutions get the people around her caught up in an even bigger mess. I would like to see the writers further develop what it is that's driving Lena to do questionable things. I agree that it's silly if Kara was that last straw which became Lena's tipping point into supervillainy. The idea that there is some sore of mental illness/breakdown which is feeding into Lena's changing character makes more sense, especially given what happened between her and Lex last season. However, I also think it would be a challenge to do a story on mental illness justice as it can be a sensitive topic.

The Hope angle is making me curious too, and yeah it could stand as a neat parallel to J'onn's story. 

Ms. Teschmacher was working for Leviathan, or perhaps coerced by them.  One can never know with these secret criminal organizations. In the comics currently, Leviathan has been quietly eliminating other organizations like the DEO, ARGUS, etc. I would get a good kick out of it if they finally brought in Checkmate this season. Jimmy's Guardian suit look like a Knight's work clothes.

Concerning Lena, that's the point about her. She tries not to be a classic-Luthor but she sure exhibits a lot of Luthor-traits and she slowly is going over to the dark side.

I hope they keep Ma'alefa'ak around as a foil to J'onn. His character needs that. I'm also interested to see what the payoff for his character is since the Monitor brought him to Earth.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Thom said:

I hope they don't cheat Garrick out of a good showing again. So cool though seeing them all gathered together again, and all on the Waverider. Guess I'll have to catch a few eps of that then...

Don’t you mean Barry? That’s the old 1991 version.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

I'm assuming this is a Bruce from an alternate Earth, considering the condition of the cave.

We'll find out on Sunday. We only know he's been referred to as "Kingdom Come Bruce Wayne/Batman". Similarly, Brandon Routh's Superman is "Kingdom Come Superman" as well as "Superman Returns"-Superman (who also happens to be the Chris Reeves-Superman). :unknw:

19 hours ago, azrael said:

We'll find out on Sunday. We only know he's been referred to as "Kingdom Come Bruce Wayne/Batman". Similarly, Brandon Routh's Superman is "Kingdom Come Superman" as well as "Superman Returns"-Superman (who also happens to be the Chris Reeves-Superman). :unknw:

They are going to have a lot of Supermen on this one!:D