• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:07 PM, Tking22 said:

Boy oh boy if that isn't the finest example of Photoshop I've ever seen in my life... They couldn't have just, like, had the two actors take a picture together?

You're wondering why they don't just do the easiest thing possible..? But maybe it's a Thing that TV shows have to do, and have that bad photo shopped picture on the mantle. It might be their way of keeping the audience 'in-touch' with reality, rather than thinking all that stuff is real.

Edited by Thom

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Which pretty much I guess confirms that this earth-90 is the CBS flash universe don’t it? Maybe we can get a nice send off for him.

Not guaranteed, it could be another Earth he jumped to in order to attempt to save it after having already lost his "home" Earth. In various Elseworld previews he states he's trying to stop what happened to "his" Earth on other Earths, as in he's jumping from Earth to Earth to attempt to stop this catastrophe over and over, but has little success until he reaches Earth-1. This appears to be another Earth he made it to a little too late.

Also, that was a CRAZY mix of costumes, that Green Arrow REALLY looked like Smallville Ollie/GA, that bright green definitely isn't CW Ollie. It looked like a mix of Smallville, and CW heroes, all dead. Count me in as VERY excited, this is looking more epic with each preview.

Oh wow! That preview clip with all its homage details was amazing.

I'm enjoying the pseudo-revival of 1990 Flash more and more!

And I'm glad that "Elseworlds" seems to be going with Barry's dialogue in "World's Finest" that there are infinite realities accessible in the Arrowverse and not the silly Kara dialogue from "Crisis on Earth-X" that there are only 52 Earths in the Arrowverse.

EDIT: so evidently this clip was attached to the end of Supergirl 4x08 and Arrow 7x08 and will probably be attached to tonight's The Flash 5x08 as well.

Edited by SMS007

Wow, the hype is somehow even MORE REAL. While cheesy, I absolutely love this stuff, I'm excited. Seeing John Wesley in his old Flash outfit is friggin awesome, and Ruby Rose looks fantastic as Batwoman, they really pulled her look off. 

Really good episode! So far, this is better then the previous crossovers by a far margin. Almost all of the dialog is done really well, and I can ignore the little quibbles because I am liking it so much.

And Batwoman was great! She didn't do too much fighting, but Ruby Rose was doing her real good, and there is so much promise there for a series.

And I'd say the same for a Superman series too. Clark and Lois had some great chemistry and Hoechlin is the best TV version Superman ever!

Wow, that was a fun episode, this has been my favorite crossover so far, less clutter, there's not, like, 40 characters running around. I think Ruby Rose did a very solid job as Batwoman, there was a lot of ground to cover this episode and it was NEVER going to have the amount of Batwoman people wanted, but what we saw worked. I think her accent was a bit off at times, but nothing she can't polish up if Batwoman gets a green light from CW. Glossing over her tattoos was fine, they aren't going anywhere, and can't be covered every episode, also, did Kara kind of perv on Kate with her x-ray vision? All the Batman talk was funny, the hour was nearly dedicated to bagging on Ollie for being a less effective, less badass Batman. When Barry said he'd never compare himself to a badass like Batman, as Ollie/Green Arrow, I cracked a big smile.

Spoiler

At the end of the episode when Barry from Eath-90, John Wesley himself showed up, did he casually confirm Diggle is a Green Lantern on his Earth? He mentioned he didn't have his ring on, and it's been a fan theory for a long time now that Dig should be a GA, John Diggle Stewart, Green Lantern of Earth-90, works for me. Also, with Batman being gone for three years and missing, that's a perfect set up for a Batwoman series, unlike Supergirl, people wouldn't be asking where her more popular cousin is every thirty seconds, he's missing! Also seems pretty clear Kara has a Batman on her Earth, one who still operates no less, if previous comments from her show weren't enough. Not only that, she knows Bruce's identity, and seems to know Bruce on a personal level, like when she mentioned it didn't seem a Bruce Wayne thing to do when they got out of GCPD.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Wow, that was a fun episode, this has been my favorite crossover so far, less clutter, there's not, like, 40 characters running around. I think Ruby Rose did a very solid job as Batwoman, there was a lot of ground to cover this episode and it was NEVER going to have the amount of Batwoman people wanted, but what we saw worked. I think her accent was a bit off at times, but nothing she can't polish up if Batwoman gets a green light from CW. Glossing over her tattoos was fine, they aren't going anywhere, and can't be covered every episode, also, did Kara kind of perv on Kate with her x-ray vision? All the Batman talk was funny, the hour was nearly dedicated to bagging on Ollie for being a less effective, less badass Batman. When Barry said he'd never compare himself to a badass like Batman, as Ollie/Green Arrow, I cracked a big smile.

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of the episode when Barry from Eath-90, John Wesley himself showed up, did he casually confirm Diggle is a Green Lantern on his Earth? He mentioned he didn't have his ring on, and it's been a fan theory for a long time now that Dig should be a GA, John Diggle Stewart, Green Lantern of Earth-90, works for me. Also, with Batman being gone for three years and missing, that's a perfect set up for a Batwoman series, unlike Supergirl, people wouldn't be asking where her more popular cousin is every thirty seconds, he's missing! Also seems pretty clear Kara has a Batman on her Earth, one who still operates no less, if previous comments from her show weren't enough. Not only that, she knows Bruce's identity, and seems to know Bruce on a personal level, like when she mentioned it didn't seem a Bruce Wayne thing to do when they got out of GCPD.

Well, now we know it's too late for Batwoman to put a lead-lining in her cowl - or anywhere else for that matter!  And I'm guessing Supergirl did take a peak.:D Just curios about the tattoos though, you know?

Spoiler

That's what I figured too, though I'm not up enough on GLs to know who may or may not be.

As to missing Batman, I don't think they'd ever get away from people asking where he is...;)

For Batman on 38, I really hope they introduce him now, or at least Bruce Wayne so we can get a look at the guy! And I assume Kara has met him, or at least has some idea of how Bruce would act in certain situations from talking with Clark.

Green Arrow has always been joked at for being a Batman-clone. Ruby Rose as Batwoman is still out there. I definitely wanted a longer look, but that was never going to happen in one part of this crossover. 

That whole scanning Kate with the X—ray vision...dang Kara...

They have been trying to get Batman on CW for a while, even if it is a guest spot but WB has said “No.” Plus, he’s tied up on Gotham so it’s likely a “No” for licensing reasons. But that show is ending this season so maybe. It’s a wonder how many times they’ve named dropped him on these shows. It would be a shame if they couldn’t use the same actor on Earth-38 and Earth-1. 

Kara has heard the stories of Clark’s “frenemy” from Clark. I don’t think they’ve met but she’s heard about their mutual exploits. 

Well that was fun as always. Next year will be fun.

-Had a feeling Clark was going to propose to Lois. The surprise was Lois being pregnant. All they need to do is cast a Damian Wayne and we can get Super Sons show.
-Supergirl and Flash dying....Now, what did Oliver trade for them to live? Or did he only delay the inevitable?
-Crisis will definitely be a good way to combine Supergirl and The Flash shows into one Earth.
-Supergirl and Supes were not in the book. :blink: Does each Earth have their own book or are they alluding to something else?

With the Monitor testing each universe in search of heroes for the coming Crisis, I imagine he would not want them to know of other Earths and so may have set the book up so that it didn't show that. Obviously, he did not foresee Earth 1 already having contact with 38 and thus being able to draw on help in the form of Supergirl and Superman.

Thought it was kinda disappointing compared to last year's. Perhaps it was meant as a build up to next year's crisis event.

Expected more scenes from 90's flash but all he did was to warn via wormhole ala bvs flash scene and then tease us that John diggle is the green lantern on other earth. 

Edited by eXis10z

On 12/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, sh9000 said:

Don't watch the show, but gotta say, that was a nice transition.  I always thought that if some intrepid fan editor whittled down Smallville to 4 hours per season, it would have been one of the best versions of Supes ever.  That show had a lot of good moments, mixed in with way too much CW melodrama, but it's depiction of Zod and Lex was so much better than 90% of what we've gotten.