• 3 months later...

That Flash musical episode was one of the most delightful hours of television I have watched in a while. I had a stupid grin on my face literally the whole time. The cast gots pipes! I mean, Grant and Melissa were on Glee, and Stein is a Broadway man, but still, so excellent! Also, Stein busting out into the Banana Boat song on last week's Legends, right in the middle of NASA mission control, was one of the funniest things I've seen on television in a LOOONNNGGG time. Only a show like Legends could've pulled that off, then the pretty much evil Rory jumped in too. These shows are absolutely not without their faults, and they're full of cheese, but damnit do I love them! Arrow has gotten better, Legends is absolutely killing it this season, and The Flash has been mixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

SO far still better than justice league.

Definitely agreed, Justice League was trying too hard and I thought it was a drag, plus Deathstroke looks lame :p. This crossover is hands down better then what we got last year, the format is much better too, no more "this is mostly just a Supergirl episode", and, "this is mostly just Arrow", at least until the last two episodes, it's been nice and mixed so far. Lots of fun too, tons of little moments, Barry's "damn" when he sees Ollie in a suit, Sarah and Alex was necessary and happened, Wally catching those bullets then slinging them back into the gun! This crossover has been a ton of fun, I'm excited to finish it up tonight, there's just so much good! And Supergirl has some pipes, I loved the Music Meister episode, so Barry having Kara sing at his wedding was great, and touching. And c'mon, the return of Ollie's besty from season one, as Prometheus, who everyone thought he was last season anyway. It's just a lot of fun, and I'm grinning ear to ear through every minute.

^ The writers did miss a great opportunity to name drop Edith Keeler as the cause for Germany being the first to develop the Atomic Bomb during that little Earth X historical exposition sequence.  I know that there are likely legal reasons that would not be feasible, but it would've been immensely cool and satisfying in a full geek-out sort of way.

Edited by mechaninac

3 hours ago, badboy00z said:

In season 3 of The Flash, were we just suppose to forget that Reverse Flash is still around after Flashpoint? I finished episode 10 and not one mention of him. lol

Problem is season 3 of flash is season 2 of legends and he was the bad guy there running from zombie zoom....aaaannnd weeeeeeelll, you can guess.

• 5 months later...

While I saw the ending of this season of Arrow coming, it was still a hell of a gut punch.  But it was a good one.  I look forward to whatever deal he makes with the feds to keep the series going.

45 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

While I saw the ending of this season of Arrow coming, it was still a hell of a gut punch.  But it was a good one.  I look forward to whatever deal he makes with the feds to keep the series going.

Yeah the episode was titled "Life Sentence", so I'm pretty sure Ray Charles could see it coming, but still, very solid performances towards the end there, especially from Amell. Honestly, we are finally getting the Green Arrow Supermax story we got hinted at when Ollie first got arrested for being the Green Arrow, but this time it will absolutely stick! I'm excited. Ricardo ended up being a better villain then was promised in the first half of the season when they weren't willing to admit he was the main villain, no personal hangups or vengeance, just a bad guy looking to take over a city, GA and his team were just obstacles. It doesn't hurt that Kirk Acevedo is fantastic and almost literally chewed the paint off the walls in every scene he was in, guy is awesome.

Flash ends tomorrow, mostly meh season for me personally. Legends was fantastic, and still easily the best of the CW shows. Supergirl is really up and down, either way, we really need some shake ups next season, Arrow is already on track, we'll see for Flash and Supergirl.

25 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Flash ends tomorrow, mostly meh season for me personally. Legends was fantastic, and still easily the best of the CW shows. Supergirl is really up and down, either way, we really need some shake ups next season, Arrow is already on track, we'll see for Flash and Supergirl.

What's the overall premise on Flash Season 4? I lost interest after the finale of Season 3. I don't know why exactly. Season 3 is getting cheesy for my taste. My gripe is somehow the dialogue and the emotions/reactions I see from them. Like is that how adult talks and reacts nowadays? Like teenagers? I don't know. I'll probably just wait until it shows up on Netflix.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

What's the overall premise on Flash Season 4? I lost interest after the finale of Season 3. I don't know why exactly. Season 3 is getting cheesy for my taste. My gripe is somehow the dialogue and the emotions/reactions I see from them. Like is that how adult talks and reacts nowadays? Like teenagers? I don't know. I'll probably just wait until it shows up on Netflix.

Clifford DeVoe, aka The Thinker, pops up and causes some chaos. He has a master plan to create, then steal the powers of different metas in order to find a way to live with his meta power of super intelligence, which is killing him. Honestly, a really nice and welcomed change, a season villain that isn't another speedster! But it's been really up and done overall, in tone and overall quality. It seemed The Flash wanted to dial back on the doom and gloom of last season, but then had EVEN MORE doom and gloom this season. Not terrible, but I still feel this show and Supergirl really need to do something interesting next season. Green Arrow/Ollie dealing with the Supermax story will be fun, Dig is official the new Emerald Archer.

Flash has been “meh” this season. Supergirl has been all about the feels this season. I like the character-moments a lot this season. Arrow started ok, dipped, then finally picked up at the end. Black Lightning was solid. I would like Black Lightning to keep a 12-13 episode season though as it keeps things moving than a drawn out 22-23 episode season. 

I really hope they use the Catelin/Killer Frost-tidbit as a way to rope in Black Lightning to give more notes that metas have been around a lot longer.

11 hours ago, eXis10z said:

They just need to kill off Ollie's kid. Too annoying and emo for me. A needless distraction to Ollie.

Don’t think killed off but at least gone, the kid has been a pretty worthless character overall showing up in very few episodes and mostly being a whiner. Overall I’m just getting tired of all of these shows, I’m seeing them starting to go into a SJW kind of way, and I’m just not that comfortable in that as it feels forced and poorly executed.

15 hours ago, azrael said:

Flash has been “meh” this season. Supergirl has been all about the feels this season. I like the character-moments a lot this season. Arrow started ok, dipped, then finally picked up at the end. Black Lightning was solid. I would like Black Lightning to keep a 12-13 episode season though as it keeps things moving than a drawn out 22-23 episode season. 

Reveal hidden contents

I really hope they use the Catelin/Killer Frost-tidbit as a way to rope in Black Lightning to give more notes that metas have been around a lot longer.

The Kaitlin bit was indeed cool, metas exist and are created in many ways, natural birth, accidents, experiments, etc.

The thing I'm wondering is what earth does Black Lightning take place on? We got confirmation Supergirl exists in their world, but it isn't guaranteed to be OUR Kara from the show. Other metas and vigilantes exist as well, but once again, it's kind of vague on who, leaving the door open which is nice. We know everyone will get to play together eventually, BL will join everyone at some point, I'm just wondering which earth he is on and how will he get to earth 1? As is I think the more we learn of multiple earths holding multiple characters, people will start to question where the dopple-gangers are for heroes we haven't seen. Clearly earth 1 should have a BL, Supergirl, and Superman no? There's no reason to believe every earth doesn't have a version of every character and person, where are the earth 1 Supes? I'm sure it would be easy enough to say their Krypton never blew up so they're still there, but still, this dopple-ganger business puts holes in these shows if you think about it too long.

My biggest issue with this season of the Flash was that the solution to Devoe was staring them in the face; Sisko.
Devoe never displays any breaching powers, and has only ever stolen powers from the bus metas.  So why not send the bus metas to other Earths where they will be safe until they can defeat devoe?  Especially the nuke guy, send him to super vampire world and let him blow it up, he gets to die a hero instead of living as a prisoner/science experiment the rest of his life.

I wonder if next season of Arrow will give us a rework of the Suicide Squad storyline they were building up to, before DC forced them to shut it down for the movie version.

Edited by Knight26

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

The thing I'm wondering is what earth does Black Lightning take place on? We got confirmation Supergirl exists in their world, but it isn't guaranteed to be OUR Kara from the show. Other metas and vigilantes exist as well, but once again, it's kind of vague on who, leaving the door open which is nice. We know everyone will get to play together eventually, BL will join everyone at some point, I'm just wondering which earth he is on and how will he get to earth 1? As is I think the more we learn of multiple earths holding multiple characters, people will start to question where the dopple-gangers are for heroes we haven't seen. Clearly earth 1 should have a BL, Supergirl, and Superman no? There's no reason to believe every earth doesn't have a version of every character and person, where are the earth 1 Supes? I'm sure it would be easy enough to say their Krypton never blew up so they're still there, but still, this dopple-ganger business puts holes in these shows if you think about it too long.

Vibe can breach to another Earth so someone will open a doorway.

I'm sure they'll address Batman since Batwoman/Kathy Kane is coming in next year's crossover. They've already mentioned him several times on Supergirl. We know Bruce Wayne exists on Earth 1 since they name-dropped him this season on Arrow and the future newspaper on Flash hasn't changed.

When they pull enough $$$ to fly part of the crew to Vancouver from Atlanta (or vice versa), I'm sure BL will show up on Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends.

At least the Flash season-finale ended OK. How I often forget that Flash is one of the more VFX-heavy shows and that they need to save money for those VFX-heavy finales.

GAWD DAMMIT! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU SPEEDSTERS TO STOP MESSIN' WITH TIME. ALWAYS. SCREWING. IT. UP!

The Flash boss on that Mystery Girl reveal, new season 5 threat (EW.com)

Also they filmed a tag for next season's villain but cut it for time and will release it by SDCC '18.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I noticed since the new Flash season started up that Joe has been suspiciously out of action, mostly chilling and sitting, this explains it. Very sad news, he's been fantastic as Joe, I hope it's nothing serious and that he recovers quickly.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/01/the-flashs-jesse-l-martin-taking-medical-leave-of-absence-in-season-5

I think the dad's in most CW shows are fantastic, they're cheesy as all hell, but the speeches are usually very on point. Flash was lucky enough to have two fantastic dads, Joe and Jay Garrick, er, Henry Allen. Even Archie's dad on Riverdale is pretty great, CW seems to get dads.

Damn, that's why Martin has been nearly absent thus far in the season.

Meanwhile, John Wesley Shipp is evidently returning as 1990 Flash for "Elseworlds"!

And also, here is what appears to be a still from the finished "Elseworlds" footage.