1/350 Scale thread... Mospeada, Southern Cross and more!

EXO

• 3 months later...

I was wondering if there is any word on these projects. I am the proud owner of the garfish, Bioroid lander, bugeye, and Zentradi lander.

I was really hoping for a clam ship and some horizonts.

If the project has stalled due to a lack of demand I can see if I can get people together. I know every time I post pictures I get drooling and slathering responses all over other forums.

Edited by Felindar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is a painted up horizon for you to see. I printed this out a Form2 and had to do a rush job on painting it for Wonderfest this weekend. My regular caster is busy with other projects so is not able to cast the horizon. I have a line on a new one so I hope to have some more news after Wonderfest. Enjoy the pictures.

post-1196-0-88369600-1464813101_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-78581000-1464813114_thumb.jpg

post-1196-0-96069700-1464813134_thumb.jpg

Here is a painted up horizon for you to see. I printed this out a Form2 and had to do a rush job on painting it for Wonderfest this weekend. My regular caster is busy with other projects so is not able to cast the horizon. I have a line on a new one so I hope to have some more news after Wonderfest. Enjoy the pictures.

Dude, that's sweet. Any plans to sell this kit?

Why not duplicate using the Form2 instead of casting? Is it just not cost-effective or not enough access to the Form2..?

Nice looking results though. :)

*happy sigh*

About how big is your Horizon? As in, how long?

Sorry for the delay, just returned from Wonderfest. It is 8 inches long and 9 inches wide. The Garfish is 13 inches long.

Why not duplicate using the Form2 instead of casting? Is it just not cost-effective or not enough access to the Form2..?

Nice looking results though. :)

It takes 2 days to print all the parts for just one and then a few more days to prepare the parts, like trimming off the supports and sanding. It is just easier to make the master and get those parts casted.

Also, remember that recasted pieces are pre-sanded and the resin is a lot cheaper than the 3D printing resin. So you got a lot that's a lot smoother and costs less. Assuming that there's enough people investing in the kit.

Sorry for the delay, just returned from Wonderfest. It is 8 inches long and 9 inches wide. The Garfish is 13 inches long.

It takes 2 days to print all the parts for just one and then a few more days to prepare the parts, like trimming off the supports and sanding. It is just easier to make the master and get those parts casted.

Yikes, makes sense then. :)

Also, remember that recasted pieces are pre-sanded and the resin is a lot cheaper than the 3D printing resin. So you got a lot that's a lot smoother and costs less. Assuming that there's enough people investing in the kit.

That was my guess. :p

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...