Greatest Movie Fights of All-Time

What's a great action movie without a fight or two? Post your favorites here.

To start, here's a great example:

They Live (1988)

Nada (Roddy Piper) discovers through a special pair of sunglasses that Los Angeles is overrun by aliens (extraterrestrial, BTW). He tries to convince Frank Armitage (Keith David) to put the glasses on, but Frank's refusal sparks a back alley brawl that is perfectly choreographed. South Park even paid homage to this scene on the episode "Cripple Fight".

Corny at times, but I always liked the Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris fight in Way/Return of the Dragon...

Ong-Bak (2003)
When Australian fighter Big Bear harasses a waitress and bloodies up a defending waiter, Thai villager and martial artist Ting (Tony Jaa) shuts him up by forcing himself in a fight. But he's blocked from exiting the ring before Jeet Kune Do artist Toshiro challenges him, then the bloodthirsty Mad Dog comes out to play.

Edited by areaseven

I got tickets to go see The Raid 2 this weekend. If you haven't seen The Raid, and are into action or martial arts films, you're doing yourself an incredible disservice reading this and not watching The Raid. It was truly one of the best, freshest, most bone-breaking, nerve pinching action films I've seen in years. Back on topic, reviews have started trickling out for The Raid 2, and it's supposed to have some truly epic fight scenes, topping the first film. This fight is from the first film, and it quickly became one of my favorite fight scenes ever made, watch it in the highest resolution possible, or you're once again doing yourself a disservice, and some R-rated violence here so warning I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPQMU9lU3Q

I got tickets to go see The Raid 2 this weekend. If you haven't seen The Raid, and are into action or martial arts films, you're doing yourself an incredible disservice reading this and not watching The Raid. It was truly one of the best, freshest, most bone-breaking, nerve pinching action films I've seen in years.

Totally agree about the film and the epic fight sequence. A fine choice.

• 10 months later...

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (1978)

When Chien Fu (Jackie Chan) realizes that his Snake style kung-fu is no match for the Eagle Claw kung-fu of Sheng Kuan (Hwang Jang Lee), he creates a hybrid fighting style after watching his pet cat kill a cobra.

Ironically, when Sheng Kuan said he would take Chien Fu's teeth, he wasn't kidding. Jackie Chan lost a tooth after Hwang Jang Lee kicked him in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaJ3qwdwCk

• 4 weeks later...

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Kingsman agent Harry Hart a.k.a. Galahad (Colin Firth) travels to Kentucky to investigate the connection between a religious hate group and multimedia mogul Richmond Valentine (Samuel L. Jackson), who has been distributing free SIM cards to everyone around the world. What he discovers is that the SIM cards transmit an ultrasonic broadcast (to the tune of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird") that causes everyone within the proximity of the cell phones to go on a violent rage and kill one another - and the church is a testing ground for the device. This leads to a non-stop brawl with some of the best action choreography and cinematography ever recorded.

Sword Of The Stranger

Technically the entire last 30 minutes could fit the bill for greatest movie fights, but here is the final duel of the film, and it is epic. Do not watch if you don't want the ending spoiled.

Thanks for putting this one on my radar. One of the best damned movies I've seen in a long time, animated or otherwise...

Christ, man; the ending kicks you, right in the feels.

• 2 months later...

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Shortly after surviving a deadly sandstorm, Max Rockatansky (Tom Hardy) confronts Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron) and Immortan Joe's Five Wives and with shotgun in hand, orders them to give him water and break the chain attached between him and War Boy Nux (Nicholas Hoult) and a car door. One small distraction causes Furiosa to briefly knock him down, and they both get into an intense melee with Nux waking up from unconsciousness and joining in the fray over a loaded Glock pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxZ90pP-Bas

Edited by areaseven

Street Fighter II: The Movie (1994)
Somewhere in China, Ryu gets dragged into an underground fight due to the locals' perception of him being too arrogant for his own good. After knocking out his opponent with a headbutt, Ryu is challenged by Hong Kong martial arts actor Fei Long. Despite sustaining a broken arm and ankle, Fei Long proves to be a worthy opponent until he's knocked out by Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku.

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (1994)
A masked man (later revealed to be a brainwashed Cheng Sinzan), sent by Laocorn Gaudeamus to retrieve his runaway twin sister Sulia, crashes Joe Higashi's victory party in Tokyo. He knocks out pro-wrestler Big Bear, but is then challenged by Taekwondo champion Kim Kaphwan. During the first minute of the fight, Kim is overpowered by the assailant's brute strength, but within a hair's length from defeat, he suddenly rebounds and vanquishes his opponent with his desperation attack.

• 6 months later...