MacrossWorld Convention 2014 Information Thread

Lunartoystore.com will be donating two super deformed SDF-1 to MWCon... one will be a raffle for general con goers (tickets will be sold at the convention.) And the second one will be the GRAND PRIZE for our annual Toy and Model Contest! That's right, the "Best Of Show" winner of MWCon's longest running contest will be this adorable, transformable toy that seemed to catch the eye of many Macross collectors. So make sure you've started that custom and you'll be bringing it Oct.4 to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center!

post-151-0-37495700-1409946977_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-36233400-1409946978_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone... we're planning for displays and we're going to need some items to complete them. So if you're planning on going and you can provide these for us PM me. Thanks ahead of time!

DX YF-29
DX VF-25 Renewal
DX YF-30 Chronos
Tenjin:
Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary
Any kits with his artwork
List will be updated if we need anything else.

Hello,

I have never been to this con before, I was just wondering if its worth it for someone looking mostly to buy toys to get the early bird tickets. Are there usually a lot of vendors? a lot of toys to buy there?

Thanks ya'll!!

It is a pretty small con so there arent too many vendors.

Depends on what kind of toys you are looking for. If you are looking for Macross toys, I would expect the vendors to be stocking those.

Not a lot of vendors like a regular con, but I've never seen more Macross items for sale in one place. Toys, models, books... There's a video somewhere. Keep in mind that we're also expanding the vendors to their own room this year because of the demand on tables last year. We couldn't sell as much tables as we could have last year because of space.

Here's the video:

Are any of the staff going to the unnofficial after party/After-Con gathering? I know convention wraps up rather early in the evening so it gives us plenty of time to get cleaned up so we can get liquored up.

I'm sure it's wishful thinking for Tenjin or Ms. Iijima to make an appearance at said after party...

Hi everyone... we're planning for displays and we're going to need some items to complete them. So if you're planning on going and you can provide these for us PM me. Thanks ahead of time!

DX YF-29
DX VF-25 Renewal
DX YF-30 Chronos
Tenjin:
Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary
Any kits with his artwork
List will be updated if we need anything else.

I have Alto's VF-25 Renewal with super and aromored parts.

DX YF-29 Alto with the super parts and Isamu's YF-29 trying to get the super parts.

As well as the YF-30 Chronos.

If you still need them for display just let me know?

Edited by BassaraVF19Kai

Thanks, I'll pass this along!

I have Alto's VF-25 Renewal with super and aromored parts.

DX YF-29 Alto with the super parts and Isamu's YF-29 trying to get the super parts.

As well as the YF-30 Chronos.

If you still need them for display just let me know?

I have All Iterations of the YF-29 aside from alto's as well as the YF-30 and the entire Skull Squad in Renewal form with armored/super parts.

Nothing on them has been customized, except for the stands.

If you need them, dont hesitate to PM me.

Edited by XFJ-01A

I have All Iterations of the YF-29 aside from alto's as well as the YF-30 and the entire Skull Squad in Renewal form with armored/super parts.

Nothing on them has been customized, except for the stands.

If you need them, dont hesitate to PM me.

Great!!! I'll pass this along also. Thanks a lot. And thanks to everyone that has PM'd.

What hours are the convention? I might be going to UCLA that morning and that would be a lot more appealing if I could also attend the con afterward.

The con is from 11am-7pm. We're also trying to put together some very special last minute extra events around the con. Stay time for that!

Here's the vendor list:

Animebooks.com - They should have a variety of Macross books including Tenjin items. Last year they also had autograph boards.

Robotoyfest - Scott, the guy behind Robotoyfest and a ton of other conventions.

Shawn - Founding Father of MacrossWorld is selling off his extras. So you know he'll have good stuff.

Redstarrobot.com - Has a ton of vintage Macross

Surf City Paracord - Has a store on etsy and is a member here. Has custom paracord bracelets and other items.

Jennety - MW member - Had a great variety of recent Macross toys last year.

Those are the confirmed vendors. There are a couple of others pending so I'll add those when I'm certain.

Looks like it is going to be another awesome MWcon! I so wish I could make it this year but unfortunately I won't be able to. Ive got quite a bit of awesome macross toys to sell too. Oh well, I hope to make it next year and do the transforming contest again. Have a great time everyone!

Looks like it is going to be another awesome MWcon! I so wish I could make it this year but unfortunately I won't be able to. Have a great time everyone!

Came here to post exactly this. Keep us posted on how things go and post lots of pics and hopefully youtube vids, guys! :D

Is there still tables to display Members Macross collections?

There is... I'll have someone contact you to make sure it's not duplicates.

Well, I just got a job offer out of state so I will be busy the next month packing and getting ready to move, so unfortunately I am out, anything coming up in the seattle area?

Congrats!