MacrossWorld Convention 2014 Information Thread

Quick question regarding displaying art and fanworks for the con this year!

Last year was my first, and I had a blast seeing all the displays! one of my favorite parts of the event was photographing collections and such.

I dont know how much space you guys have again this year but is it possible to put cosplay on display? I'd like to display the costumes I've made for original Macross (Hikaru, Minmei, and Misa) on dress forms and such but it may take up a bit of room... or it's not appropriate? I don't have models to wear them all at the same time but would like to just display them^^;

Quick question regarding displaying art and fanworks for the con this year!

Last year was my first, and I had a blast seeing all the displays! one of my favorite parts of the event was photographing collections and such.

I dont know how much space you guys have again this year but is it possible to put cosplay on display? I'd like to display the costumes I've made for original Macross (Hikaru, Minmei, and Misa) on dress forms and such but it may take up a bit of room... or it's not appropriate? I don't have models to wear them all at the same time but would like to just display them^^;

A Macross cosplay display would be AWESOME! And we could definitely make space for this. Talk to Exo who's in charge of programming including display setup. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can we put up our bigger items for auction and 10% of the proceeds will go to MacrossWorld instead of ebay?

At the con?

What are the planned hours of the con on Saturday? Unfortunately, that is the same day as Orangecon, and I will be vending there. But, I may be able to hustle over to MWCon afterwards.

Last year it ended at 6... it might be the same this year. We don't have a set schedule yet.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the policy going to be on vending there? She who holds the money says I can go, but would like me to bring books to sell if at all possible, and I think there is a demand.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to bring my YF-19 with T-Rex boosters and 1/2000 SDF-1 and mabey the 1/60 regult(if I can tighten its joints by then), but if you already have someone eles dispaying them there i don't want to be repetitive, how would I go about doing this?

What is the policy going to be on vending there? She who holds the money says I can go, but would like me to bring books to sell if at all possible, and I think there is a demand.

Sorry for such a late response!! i haven't been on the forums much lately, but registration is up and ready to go along with the Vendor Registration! To have a table to sell items at the con, you can register for a Vendor Ticket at http://mwcon.ticketleap.com/mwcon2014/ which includes 2 entries into the convention and a 6 foot table. If you don't have that much to sell, you can consider sharing a table with a fellow MW member to save money and space! Feel free to post a want ad in this thread, or PM Bigkid24 as he's handling vendor relations.

I would like to bring my YF-19 with T-Rex boosters and 1/2000 SDF-1 and mabey the 1/60 regult(if I can tighten its joints by then), but if you already have someone eles dispaying them there i don't want to be repetitive, how would I go about doing this?

Hi Murphy! We have a display coordinator who is putting together our wishlist and coordinating with those who would like to bring things for display. I'll PM you shortly with her email address so you can get in touch with her!

Does Rohby have any plans for this years con?

Hi StormS! Yes, Rohby does have another exclusive in the works and it's going to be AWESOME. =] Stay tuned as i'll post updates of the prototype when we have it.

For everyone else, please register for MW Con 2014 through our ticket leap site at: http://mwcon.ticketleap.com/mwcon2014/

Anybody wanna go half with me for a vendor table?

I might be interested, but want to see how many folks are actually interested in buying a signed copy of my book. Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings. The interest thread I posted in the for sale section has gotten no replies at this point. I will make a decision before 12 September.