Star Shatter

AncientAngel

I do not know if some of you guys know about this game or not since its been some what low on the PC gaming Radar for the past two years.

www.starshatter.com

Granted this game does not support transformations but it supports about everything else we would need to get some thing very close to a Macross style game mod. The game allows you to mod it from the ground up every ship and every weapon can be created and inputed into this game. I would suggest doing some detailed reading on the site to get its full potential.

Now I am more than willing to help Mod this game out where I can but I can not do it my self. Currently I have attempted this with the TV show version of Marcoss with another game engine which is now being switched over to Star Shatter but being a one man team seems to get the project no where.

Ultimately I would love to get a team together to mod this game out for the community. Currently I have unlimited web-sapce to support a web-site and all of the files that we may need to get this project done. The only thing we really need is the bodies to do the work and get the ball rolling.

I currently can do web-sites, graphics, modeling, texturing and limited (.def) scripting for the game. On the down side my connection speed sucks at a speedy 26.4kbps.

If your intrested in a game mod like this please post, even if you can't actually help out with this project. It would be nice to get some sort of head count to drum up some support from other modelers and scripters later on down the road.

My current site can be found here: Shattered Space The Web-Site will be completely changed to reflect the new dirrection of the mod, if wide support can be drummed up.

It will be a multi-player but last I heard it would not be in the massive numbers. It will be more or less smaller groups of people playing on-line between each other. Maybe between 8-12 people at a time.

The thing about this is, some people might have the skills to fly the VF's like no other or Female Power Armor. But this will not leave out those people who like to pilot the bigger ships. Depending on the Mission or the custom mission you create you should be able to set up the basis of that mission and what you could pilot.

This multi-player version will only be in the full version of the game. But the current Demo of it should allow us to Mod the bulk of the game features before its release.

This game will allow Atmospheric Combat as well as Space Combat. Although not every ship is designed right for atmospheric flight, those properties can be added into the ships .def files. Even a brick can fly in the atmosphere if its got enough engines pushing it around.

VF's could get "Loadouts" scripted into there ships .def files. Each load out would be a different type of combat load that the VF could handle, on its 4 Wing Hard Points. The Super Package could also be a load out, but then that would bring up issues if you wanted to use those boosters as engines, in the game. Not to mention the smaller thrusters that are built into them which would not function correctly either.

Female Power Armor as an example could have a few of her arm joints deselected as turrets in the ships .def scripting. while the fore-arm cannon section could be the barrel of those turrets. Which would give you the illusion of articulated movement with the Female Power Armor.

The possibilites are huge

Why not work with an existing game with available tools that does support multiplayer ala Freespace 2? I think that game is still the best network space sim for now (next to classics like X Wing vs Tie Fighter and the Armada addon).

If you would checkout the Freespace 2 Macross Mod, you might want to join the team and re-vitalize that project.

Edit: Correction, its not a Macross mod but the R-word mod. Still, it is a good piece of work to review and consider your design issues as you go along. Link here

Edited by Neova

Currently my mod is or was a R-project. And the Free Space 2 Mod group disbanded in Sept of last year.

Free Space support is gone since no one is working on the game. Star Shatter has support and Tools needed to do it not to mention the game designer willing to help out when he can. The Full version of the game will support Multi-players but the demo does not.

Far as I know you can not edit the flight characteristics of a Free Space ship down to pitch and Yaw not to mention drag and a very large asortments of ship fields.

I'm not bashing the Free Space 2 R: Mod but the project is very much dead with a game engine that is over 4 years old. The last project member left the group back in Sept and I have lost contact with him since then. We where at one point going to do a model exchange in order to advance both of our Mods.

Yes and since it IS the R word if I mention it this post will be moved so I will simply say PART 2 is alive and well.... AA if you're willing those models you gave me are excellent but most of all I need the SDF-3, this is crucial for the mod PLUS the joining link for the MEGA mod (all mods in one for TV sci-fi/ and TV anime) if you're willing that is.. L8tr..

Yes and since it IS the R word if I mention it this post will be moved so I will simply say PART 2 is alive and well....  AA if you're willing those models you gave me are excellent but most of all I need the SDF-3, this is crucial for the mod PLUS the joining link for the MEGA mod (all mods in one for TV sci-fi/ and TV anime) if you're willing that is.. L8tr..

You lost me some where, what joining link to a Mega Mod? I got a fealing I'm missing something good here. The whole key to this post was to scratch the R-type project since a one man support network is not worth maintaining a web-site, up-dates and pictures of progress. The R-project can just remain on my hard drive until it gets finished maybe 4 so years down the road.

What I was looking at doing was getting a Macross Mod a rolling for this game engine and doing a new Web-site and support group for all of those who would be intrested in the project.

I guess you are needing an SDF-3 model? or am I reading that wrong, I am up to early and it takes my brain a little while to fire up to full speed now days ;)

Free Space support is gone since no one is working on the game. .

Ok, I'm sorry, but this is LAUGHABLE.

Please be kind enough to view THIS website and it's accompanying forums:

www.3dap.com/hlp

There you will find several HUGE campaigns, a source code project, and all the support you could ever want or need. In fact, there's another Robotech/Macross mod going on right now, you just have to dig a bit to find the screenshots.

Free Space support is gone since no one is working on the game. .

Ok, I'm sorry, but this is LAUGHABLE.

Please be kind enough to view THIS website and it's accompanying forums:

www.3dap.com/hlp

There you will find several HUGE campaigns, a source code project, and all the support you could ever want or need. In fact, there's another Robotech/Macross mod going on right now, you just have to dig a bit to find the screenshots.

well I'll be damned, thanks for the link. They got some nice work going on over there and I would have never found that site.

I didn't intend for this to be flame-bait but wanted to help AncientAngel get things rolling faster. I looked at Star Shatter's features list and like the strategy part a lot. It feels ALMOST like Natural Selection for Half Life with space ships instead of Sci Fi FPS action.

AA, could you possibly use the dev tools for FS 2, and strip the assets for your use? Just include the credits for all of the original authors until you can contact them.

Also, you should checkout The Valkyrie Simulation project, checkout the source code there, and contact the main modeler, Dan Bickell for permission to use his work. It should help you speed things along really fast.

http://valkyrie.sourceforge.net/

Good luck.

Edit: Spelling mistakes

Edited by Neova

Yes and since it IS the R word if I mention it this post will be moved so I will simply say PART 2 is alive and well.... AA if you're willing those models you gave me are excellent but most of all I need the SDF-3, this is crucial for the mod PLUS the joining link for the MEGA mod (all mods in one for TV sci-fi/ and TV anime) if you're willing that is.. L8tr..

Hay Star Dragon ..just saw your post on the Hard Light Forums.. Disreguard my other quote back to you. I'll be posting on those forums shortly instead of carrying this convo on this forum as well as this one.

Hard to believe I missed this other site :blink:

I didn't intend for this be flame-bait but wanted to help AncientAngel get things rolling faster. I looked at Star Shatter's features list and like the strategy part a lot. It feels ALMOST like Natural Selection for Half Life with space ships instead of Sci Fi FPS action.

AA, could you possible use the dev tools for FS 2, and strip the assets for your use? Just include the credits for all of the original authors until you can contact them.

Also, you should checkout The Valkyrie Simulation project, checkout the source code there, and contact the main modeler, Dan Bickell for permission to use his work. It should help you speed things along really fast.

http://valkyrie.sourceforge.net/

Good luck.

It wasn't taken as Flame bait. I've been attempting to get some sort of Anime Mod out for the past four years and finding help with people of a similar intrest is rare.

I'm just thankfull that a few people have pointed me out to a few other possibilities.

And your right Dan Bickell has some good models, I had permission to cross them over from two years ago into another game engine as long as credits etc... are in place for the Model Author.

As for FS 2 most of the ships they have I already got and the new FS 2 R-group has the bulk of my new models. I am attempting to contact them now to join forces to get something done.