Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

Looks cool and detailed. :) Though I didn't PO this one, since I just want the cannon from the Tornado pack. And use it to my Super Packs. :rolleyes:

I am planning to do the cannons + Super parts too. I was trying to figure out a name for the configuration and didn't see is an official designation for it. I just gave it the unofficial designation of Strike Messiah. ;)

Edited by Saburo

I am planning to do the cannons + Super parts too. I was trying to figure out a name for the configuration and didn't see is an official designation for that configuration. I just gave it the unofficial designation of Strike Messiah. ;)

I just noticed that there was no options or call sign when you add the Tornado cannon to the Super Parts configuration. Based on the photo I found online, Tornado mixed with Super parts is called Lightning. Though I can't tell which Super pack is included on this configuration except for the shield. I'm assuming it uses the Super parts leg and arm armor or something. Anywanys, me I just want to do the Destroy Messiah in the future. And that was my original plan if ever I'll get a Ozma 25S and change it to red stripes. That's the only time I'll buy the Tornado parts. But for now, I will just wait for a good-priced 25S. :lol:

post-5552-0-51554300-1405965560_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

So the packs are heavier than the the Armored Parts? Those don't need a support piece for Gerwalk-Mode. What is wrong with Bandai and the unhealthy fixation on support pieces?

Oh well maybe it prevents the wing hinges from breakage which is a good thing.

I just noticed that there was no options or call sign when you add the Tornado cannon to the Super Parts configuration. Based on the photo I found online, Tornado mixed with Super parts is called Lightning. Though I can't tell which Super pack is included on this configuration except for the shield. I'm assuming it uses the Super parts leg and arm armor or something. Anywanys, me I just want to do the Destroy Messiah in the future. And that was my original plan if ever I'll get a Ozma 25S and change it to red stripes. That's the only time I'll buy the Tornado parts. But for now, I will just wait for a good-priced 25S. :lol:

attachicon.gifdx_variations.jpg

I saw that same graphic a while back, it looks like Lightning Messiah is the Tornado Wings, Super Leg armor and back/shield parts. I will be doing quite a bit of parts mix and match.

For the Strike here is what I was thinking:

Tornado Parts:

Cannons,

Arm armor

Super Parts:

Boosters

Chest armor (or Armored Chest Armor)

Leg Armor

Missile packs (Maybe, but I don't think they will fit under the cannons)

Looks cool and detailed. :) Though I didn't PO this one, since I just want the cannon from the Tornado pack. And use it to my Super Packs. :rolleyes:

I wished I hadn't passed up the Alto Super Parts. I wanted to do a combo with them as well.

Well...I guess I'm happy that I only like the Tornado Parts for Fighter mode. Not at all a fan of support or ancillary bits and pieces that I have to keep track of, but good for those that enjoy their Valks in Gerwalk mode (good from a structural stability stand-point).

And oh yeah, N-Y shipped mine as well. :D

-b.

Bandai just has absolutely no concept of how to design things that are structurally sound. :p

I'm still concerned that the entire wing structure looked incredibly droopy in that earlier pic. I doubt I'll even leave these things displayed in fighter mode.. though, the stress might actually straighten all the bent-up wings the VF-25s have.

Bandai just has absolutely no concept of how to design things that are structurally sound. :p

I'm still concerned that the entire wing structure looked incredibly droopy in that earlier pic. I doubt I'll even leave these things displayed in fighter mode.. though, the stress might actually straighten all the bent-up wings the VF-25s have.

LOL, they might actually do that...before the break the wings clean off of the Valk.

But I don't care - TORNADO PARTS, w00t!!!!

-b.

I just realized. I meant the Armored Packs and not the Super Packs. Hahaha! :lol:

I wished I hadn't passed up the Alto Super Parts. I wanted to do a combo with them as well.

That's ok, Mommar. I passed on the Tornado Parts too. ^_^

I just got my shipping notification too, but not from Sideshow. :D What are you getting from Sideshow?

Rockin Jellybean Mystique. I missed out on their Invisible Girl last time and the price now skyrocketed.

902127-product-feature-740x448.jpg

902127-mystique-002.jpg

Interesting, look at the one photo up in the corner. The additional braces, etc... and all in a bag up in the corner. As if it was a massive after thought and was added last minute.

Very possible, they could have also used the plastic bag just to save space or materials. Especially if the plastic trays and boxes are the same size as other armor part releases.

Still, I guess it's better that Bandai added them vs. knowing about any potential issues and doing nothing.

-b.

Oh great. Even with fedex, NY said they don't have enough stock to ship mine out. <_<

I wish there was an alternative to the shitty NY service.

Wait. What?

I thought these were made to order, so is N-Y saying that they took people's orders, but didn't order enough through Bandai (which was making them TO order)?

-b.

Oh great. Even with fedex, NY said they don't have enough stock to ship mine out. <_<

I hope this isn't the case with my order since all of a sudden my tracking is having problems

REALLY??? These things were made to order!!! I'm thinking I'll get double shafted. They're "holding" mine until the G parts arrive...

Edited by Mommar

Eh I might've worded that wrongly. Apparently they did order enough but Bandai split their stock with the next batch arriving next week. Knowing NY though, they're probably sourcing it from other stores to fill the orders. The recent YF-29 Ozma stock issue comes to mind.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Wow, never realized how big the Tornado was til it was shown on the stand. That's gotta be as big as an armored variant. Sweet, this looks even better to me. Hopefully the damn thing holds together...

Edited by Deadeye_281

Wow, never realized how big the Tornado was til it was shown on the stand. That's gotta be as big as an armored variant. Sweet, this looks even better to me. Hopefully the damn thing holds together...

I'm afraid Tornado is bigger. Here is my 1/72 scale for comparison. :)

565048_10151070043302861_751286476_n.jpg

It does look great, and a shame I suppose about the brace for battroid/gerwalk.

I mention battroid as it looks like the brace is still on it in the pictures. However, that extendable 'third leg' looks like it is also acting as a support.

Anyway, bring it on. Looks amazing in fighter mode. Might struggle to get that plus another on a Detolf shelf!