hasegawa 1/72 vf-25g messiah

shinagami

Same here. The sniper variant will go out with the huge Dragunov rifle on the ventral hardpoint, but the speakers might never see the light. Definitely don't like the aerodynamic drag they generate in my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Just arrived an hour or so ago.

post-12411-0-21351700-1394327747_thumb.jpg

You can build it as a regular, 1 seat fighter. It also includes NUNS decals, as well.

As I see it (I own the kit but it's still in my HLJ private warehouse so I haven't actually eyeballed it) Hasegawa made two mistakes with this kit - 1. They molded it in blue, making painting it a pain in the ass, and 2. They didn't (as far as I can tell) stick a regular gun pod in there, so you can't build it into an A without swiping the gun from an A/S kit. If they'd done those things, I guarantee kit number two would already be waiting as well. :)

Given the amount of work needed to make an A (i.e. all the parts exist, we just need them boxed together) we'll likely see one released this year anyway, even if it's a limited edition. Hopefully we'll see some Super Parts soon as well. I really really really want a better option than the Bandai Super parts...

Hopefully we'll see some Super Parts soon as well. I really really really want a better option than the Bandai Super parts...

...and an armoured, and a tornado, and a battroid. :)

A guy can dream. But anyways, I like that Hase' went ahead with this esoteric (read: one-off) example. That's a good trend for us model guys.

Just arrived an hour or so ago.

You can build it as a regular, 1 seat fighter. It also includes NUNS decals, as well.

I am sooo loving that Hasegawa is releasing these fighters!!

I am sure the 25G is only a precursor to a future VF-25A release and the milking of the design for years to come with new paint schemes and decal sets... :D

• 1 month later...