2 new Variable Fighter Master File books: VF-22 and VF-1 Squadrons

cool8or

I'm particularly interested in that VF-1L. :)

The full name of it is: "VF-1L (Non-Transforming Model)"

If you look closely, you can see that it doesn't have a head or head laser machine guns.

Skim reading the paragraphs about it: 40 were produced at the start of 2011 in the L5 Station and the Moon Base. It was lightened and has significantly more propellant as it doesn't transform. It's referred to as the "Monkey Valkyrie", and from 2012 they were removed from combat units, converted into unmanned QVF-1, and the majority were used as target drones.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything on the VF-1SR and its FAST packs by chance?

Nope, because they're from a video game that takes place in the DYRL -> Macross II branch. These VFMF books are set in the SDFM -> MF branch.

I've been reading my VF-1 Squadrons book and I think I've got these sorted out. From CVW-9, stationed on the Macross, we have SVF-48 Blue Hawks, SVF-38 Green Arrows, SVF-6, SVF-22, SVF-13, SVF-44 Gunpod Fighters (kind of an odd name but whatevs) and SVF-32 Shooting Stars.
From CVW-1, ostensibly stationed aboard the Prometheus, we have SVF-1 Skull (of course), SVF-2 Sonic Birds, SVF-20 Outlaws, SVF-63, SVF-28 Night Riders, SVF-68 and SVF-37.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I've officially lost count. How many VF Master File books are there? I have two for VF-1, and one each for VF-19, VF-25, and VF-0. It sounds like there's a third VF-1, and a VF-22 is coming out sometime? Am I missing any others?

Alright, I've officially lost count. How many VF Master File books are there? I have two for VF-1, and one each for VF-19, VF-25, and VF-0. It sounds like there's a third VF-1, and a VF-22 is coming out sometime? Am I missing any others?

Six out, with a seventh pending whenever SoftBank finally kicks it out the door... there's the two VF-1 Valkyrie Master Files, plus one book each (so far) for the VF-0 Phoenix, VF-19 Excalibur, and VF-25 Messiah, and the one "Squadrons of the SDF-1" book that isn't technically a third VF-1 volume but in practice totally is. Then there's the VF-22 book that's still pending.

Six out, with a seventh pending whenever SoftBank finally kicks it out the door... there's the two VF-1 Valkyrie Master Files, plus one book each (so far) for the VF-0 Phoenix, VF-19 Excalibur, and VF-25 Messiah, and the one "Squadrons of the SDF-1" book that isn't technically a third VF-1 volume but in practice totally is. Then there's the VF-22 book that's still pending.

Thanks. Sounds like, until the VF-22 volume comes out, that I'm just missing the Squadrons of the SDF-1.

Correction:

Seven (7) books.

What Seto said and: VFMF: VF Modelling Manual

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1351706

Here's the publisher's HP, with all the books released, and their respective ISBN:

http://www.sbcr.jp/search.php?w=%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB

Edited by sketchley

Correction:

Seven (7) books.

What Seto said and: VFMF: VF Modelling Manual

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1351706

Here's the publisher's HP, with all the books released, and their respective ISBN:

http://www.sbcr.jp/search.php?w=ヴァリアブルファイター・マスターファイル

Hmm. I'm not really interested in modeling, but that one does look like it has some nice photos...

Even if you're not into modeling, it's worth it. The scratch build VF-3000 is STUNNING.

Seconded.

The book is an excellent source of "alternate views" of some of the models used in the other books at the time. Even if you're not a modeller, some of the tricks they used are fascinating. (Ie: using nanoblocks as spacers for the +/- wiring for the lighting).

Have we heard anything WRT the actual release date for the VF-22 book?

I preordered it on HLJ when it went up, but the release date keeps sliding.

I'm not a huge fan of the newly added panel lines to the SDF-1 - they look completely non-nonsensical and out of scale.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...