DAMN YOU, SHIROW, JUST FINISH THE FRICKIN' MANGA ALREADY!!

I think there might have been a chance of that when he was still a manga artist...

... which he stopped being around the time he finished GiTS 2 :cry:.

Another reboot? The last one was awesome. (some did not like the CGI of the characters but I did not mind and the story was far better done the older one). I'll still watch this one of course, what we really need is a Black Magic M-66 remake, although the original for that is pretty hard to beat too.

Another reboot? The last one was awesome. (some did not like the CGI of the characters but I did not mind and the story was far better done the older one). I'll still watch this one of course, what we really need is a Black Magic M-66 remake, although the original for that is pretty hard to beat too.

I agree that the first one was awesome sauce (haven't gotten around to watching the second), but one thing I didn't like about it is that the writers killed off some of the major supporting characters that play important roles in the 3rd and 4th manga volumes.

Hopefully this reboot will not only refrain from killing off those characters, but also develop their characters!

agree on Ex Machina though i do have partiality for the 2004 movie because of the spider tanks.

while i don't mind another reboot, i really wish they would move on. in the manga i enjoyed the latter books a bit more because they were less Olympus-centric and mentioned conspiracies happening elsewhere in the world.

i do look forward to more scenes in the badlands, but ESWAT action in Poseidon (or Republic of Munma, or Paris, or Imperial Americana) would be fantastic.

I haven't seen the second movie or new series yet. I can't remember seeing the original anime. I watched 15 minutes or so of Ex Machina and decided that I wanted to do an a/v upgrade first. Strange that they are doing a reboot though. But the jump in quality from the first movie should be interesting to see. I still like that final battle scene in the city.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rendering is better but both character and mechanical designs are overly complicated. Especially when the story is treading over old grounds. Are her exposed boobs tactical like Batman's yellow symbol on his chest?

I'm finding it really - really - hard to get past Deunan's absolutely stupid-looking chest armour. It's like a visual target saying 'shoot here'.

Briareos looks awesome though! Love that shot of him with the sniper rifle.

Metal Gear at 0:48?

Animation is of course so much better than what we were given in the past, but it's still so damn stiff looking! physics are so weird...detail wise things look great, landscape, backgrounds, color tones, lil things like that are nice. That's about it though.

I'm finding it really - really - hard to get past Deunan's absolutely stupid-looking chest armour. It's like a visual target saying 'shoot here'.

Briareos looks awesome though! Love that shot of him with the sniper rifle.

Metal Gear at 0:48?

I' d shoot there...

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'll just wait to see the movie to see if this new Deunan is cool or not. But right now I like the older look from the previous two movies more. The clothes as a casual thing I could see. But she's wearing body armor except where she should be. And I'm all for fan service. But they want this to look realistic and I assume be realistic yet have Deunan dressed like this?

like others have pointed out, I like it all except that damn exposed chest. wtf happened to the awesome body armour from the first movie and EX Machina? Doesnt make sense that she would wear something like this in a combat situation.

who ever designed that needs a wack under the lug.