Wonderfest Winter 2014 - Macross

Tochiro

Re: the wing/knee possibility issue in Battroid, Arcadia could make the wings a bit smaller or provide wings that can be swapped from mode to mode. If Arcadia tries to remain anime and/or line-art accurate then there might not be too much that they can do.

Pics courtesy of Sketchley's page here;

http://sketchleytranslation.host-ed.me/Stats/Statistics/VF0/VF0D.php

post-357-0-39882400-1392253409_thumb.jpg

-b.

I'd hate it if they made such a prominent part swappable. They can just make the wings push up like the 1/72 Bandai VF-1 kits to give some clearance.

Agreed, I'm not a fan of parts swapping - just throwing ideas out there to see what might work. I'm not at all familiar with the 1/72 scale kits but if there's a solution there for Arcadia to look to then cool.

-b.

I guess it can be *fixed* (although fixed shouldnt be used here as we are against the almighty anime magic) by replacing the pivot joint with a sliding pivot joint, or guide-trench on the wings, like the VF-171 to allow the wings to slide up a bit.

I mean a little bit fix here and there would help, as the current CAD model looks like the 0D is wearing somekind of a cape.

Edited by aaajin

I guess it can be *fixed* (although fixed shouldnt be used here as we are against the almighty anime magic) by replacing the pivot joint with a sliding pivot joint, or guide-trench on the wings, like the VF-171 to allow the wings to slide up a bit.

I mean a little bit fix here and there would help, as the current CAD model looks like the 0D is wearing somekind of a cape.

That's precisely how it looks in the Master File too.

Adding my two cents. A graduated design engineer myself, I was told sometimes what is on the CAD may not be enough to predict the actual product. This is where Industrial Design comes in. Basically building the physical model to check if the product is functioning as it should be and then go back to CAD to make the corrections.

This is why still nowadays cars have 1:1 scale model to test not just functionality but also how good it looks physically.

For the 0D I'm with Loop. The correction would probably be in placing the back plate at an angle so the wings are not in contact with the legs.

This would probably be my first VF-0.

Adding my two cents. A graduated design engineer myself, I was told sometimes what is on the CAD may not be enough to predict the actual product. This is where Industrial Design comes in. Basically building the physical model to check if the product is functioning as it should be and then go back to CAD to make the corrections.

This is why still nowadays cars have 1:1 scale model to test not just functionality but also how good it looks physically.

For the 0D I'm with Loop. The correction would probably be in placing the back plate at an angle so the wings are not in contact with the legs.

This would probably be my first VF-0.

I guess that is what happened with the Elyn Kysh

If Arcadia really picks up where Yamato had left, then the next destroid would be the phalanx, if they ever venture into the destroid line which did not go too well for Yamato due to the price point. Well, now that the 1/60 VF-1 is getting more expensive ($170-ish), maybe they can justify selling the destroids at a $100+ price point?.

Saw prototype pics of the phalanx by Yamato, not sure if it was cancelled or was just left hanging because of the company restructure.

can someone tell me what is being sold at 5k yen?

is it just the missile or does it include the 25?

Card says MDE weapon set. It's 1/72 scale

There's a card under that dark grey VF-25 at the rear, can anyone tell me what that says? If they make a dark grey version that's already a dark grey, I'd buy one in a second and just paint what needed to be painted.

Pic is too small / blur to read that card

If Arcadia really picks up where Yamato had left, then the next destroid would be the phalanx, if they ever venture into the destroid line which did not go too well for Yamato due to the price point. Well, now that the 1/60 VF-1 is getting more expensive ($170-ish), maybe they can justify selling the destroids at a $100+ price point?.

Saw prototype pics of the phalanx by Yamato, not sure if it was cancelled or was just left hanging because of the company restructure.

Would prefer a Destroid Cheyenne myself.

Love that Armored Core look it has going.

Card says MDE weapon set. It's 1/72 scale

Pic is too small / blur to read that card

Would prefer a Destroid Cheyenne myself.

Love that Armored Core look it has going.

Yeah, personally I'd love the *cheyene or the construction destroids (macrossF), but from the perspective of profit making, the phalanx will be a better choice with less development time using Yamato's prototype and they also share common lower-waist parts with the tomahawk and defender.

edited : got mixed up with cheyene & tomahawk...since both are red indian tribes..

Edited by aaajin

:huh:...but a Tomahawk is a general purpose Native American Hatchet, not a tribe's name. Mohawk, on the other hand... :ph34r:

I agree that the Phalanx would be a much easier project to bring to fruition given that the lower half is 98% ready to produce, if Arcadia inherited the molds, and the upper half had already been designed and prototyped, even if it was for an HDP run. Still, I'd love to see Zero's Cheyenne and Octos, and Frontier's Cheyenne MK II (Bandai's prerogative, I know), made as 1/60 toys.

:huh:...but a Tomahawk is a general purpose Native American Hatchet, not a tribe's name. Mohawk, on the other hand... :ph34r:

I agree that the Phalanx would be a much easier project to bring to fruition given that the lower half is 98% ready to produce, if Arcadia inherited the molds, and the upper half had already been designed and prototyped, even if it was for an HDP run. Still, I'd love to see Zero's Cheyenne and Octos, and Frontier's Cheyenne MK II (Bandai's prerogative, I know), made as 1/60 toys.

haha. got me there. ignorance is a bliss...and you took that blissful moment away from me!

The pics are from Arcadia's own FB page.

I don't think they'd mind.

I sometimes feel what are hell do they want to do.

"No photos" but they don't stop being spread firmly.

A sort of marketing? IDK

At least I never take some pics when I recognize the photography prohibited signs, because I don't want to be blamed by the other Japanese fans on the Net, not only by Arcadia.

Hmm, honesty doesn't pay under the circumstances! :angry:

アルカディアの方、このスレチェックされてますかぁ?

マーケッティングなのか何なのか知らないですけど、結局転載されてますよねぇ、写真?

そりゃ日本語で転載するなって書いてあるだけだったら、日本語圏以外の人物に転載されてもしょうがないですよ・・・。

会場行っても、表示がある展示物は写真撮らないように我慢してるのに、なんだかなぁって感じです・・・。 :(

The "No Photo" sign during the event only means that they want to be the first to post the pictures, it's as simple as that. Now that they have done it you can relax and let us non-Japanese enjoy the images.

OK, I see. I won't stick to it. I've already said what I wanted to say to Arcadia.

Are you in contact with them via tweeter or FB or did you manage to go to the WF?

Hope so.

Someone in Japan who reads my post would tell them about it after a while, or I will do it some day. In their faces, If I can.

I have talked with some Yamato staffs when I went to Shizuoka Hobby Show and All Japan Model & Hobby Show in 2012. But as for Arcadia, not yet.