Same here, Mommar. I used to have the kits from the 80's. But all is gone now. I didn't have that Takatoku figure. Missed out on the Palm Action due to its size. And seeing this makes me want to have it. I actually stayed away from the VF-0D to save some dough and I stumbled onto this. Same amount but different size. :lol:

The first run of these will include an 8-page (yes, EIGHT! wow) booklet with Miyatake giving some insight on the design, as an incentive. It sounds intriguing, but yeah, this still seems overpriced to me, and it looks a lot like an upscaled PalmAction.

Would be cool to have some gerwalk ishkick and ishforn and all the other cool mecha (but not so expensive). I was thinking of getting one of the gerwalk ishkick models from the 1980s. Does anyone know if the plastic is still good or if it is likely to be a crumbled mess?

The first run of these will include an 8-page (yes, EIGHT! wow) booklet with Miyatake giving some insight on the design, as an incentive. It sounds intriguing, but yeah, this still seems overpriced to me, and it looks a lot like an upscaled PalmAction.

What is PalmAction?

Would be cool to have some gerwalk ishkick and ishforn and all the other cool mecha (but not so expensive). I was thinking of getting one of the gerwalk ishkick models from the 1980s. Does anyone know if the plastic is still good or if it is likely to be a crumbled mess?

If you're referring to the toys, their plastic is super brittle... screw bosses and such tend to disintegrate.

If it ever goes on sale for half off, then I'll buy a single one. And don't forget, there are also the Orguss II Olson special and the Brown Orguss 2 for mold milking purposes, with very few unit specific parts, as possible future releases...

which probebly won't happen if everyone refuses to buy this one until it hits the bargain bin.

which probebly won't happen if everyone refuses to buy this one until it hits the bargain bin.

If they don't happen it's not because of the consumer for not wanting to pay the exorbitant SRP, but Megahouse's fault for pricing this thing so high that even most prospective buyers say H3LL NO, so that only those truly diehard collectors with money to burn will consider the purchase. I know this toy is targeted at a niche within a niche inside of a niche market, but that price is just ridiculous. I'm still holding out hope that the Imai kits will see a reissue.

If they don't happen it's not because of the consumer for not wanting to pay the exorbitant SRP, but Megahouse's fault for pricing this thing so high that even most prospective buyers say H3LL NO, so that only those truly diehard collectors with money to burn will consider the purchase. I know this toy is targeted at a niche within a niche inside of a niche market, but that price is just ridiculous. I'm still holding out hope that the Imai kits will see a reissue.

How else are you going to get the things you want then? If it's niche, more money. If it has better transformation gimmicks, more money. If it was a lesser product it wouldn't be as desireable. That's a rock and a hard place, but you're blaming them for being the rock and not selling you the hard place for half that price.

If this were released a bit further out from the 0D I'd be more likely to take the plunge, personally. It's a bad release time IMO.

I LOVED the Orguss kits that Revell distributed. I loved the Orgroid most because it was the only transformable kit that didn't need parts swap. Just keep searching Ebay for now regarding models: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=orgus+models&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xorguss+models&_nkw=orguss+models&_sacat=0

At least there's one up there for only $40 - that's great. - MT

Old Sculptor: These darn young whippersnappers and their CAD. Why, back in my day, we had to sculpt these toys with our bare hands. <_<

Young Sculptor: <mind blown> :ohmy:

On a serious note, it's wonderful that more and more of these classic sculptors are finally getting the recognition they deserve. They were responsible for sculpting art that would captivate the imaginations of thousands of children, yet for the most part, their identities were unknown. Thanks for posting that article, CF18.

• 1 month later...

Just want to share that MegaHouse replied to my inquiry regarding the size. And they let me know that it's approximately 21cm. But we're not sure now if that is the top of the head itself (which i hope so) or top of the cover when the head is exposed (better that it's 21 than 18 if the height is measured up to this part). But atleast it's 3cm bigger than the previous announced 18cm. ;)

The right overall height of Variable Hi-Spec ORGUSS figure is approximately 21cm.
Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards,
Megahouse Co.,Ltd.

One thing I forgot to ask is if the pilot figure that comes with it is painted or not. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
I just hope that this will be a successful line for them. I'll probably also get the Olson variant if ever they decide to make one. If only they could lower a little the price for that since the new mold will be the head and the outer leg. ;)

• 1 month later...

Still pre-ordered, although my finger was quivering above the cancel button.

I picked up the Megahouse Dunbine SD fig and it seems very high quality, although the joints are not as tight as they should be.

Hope this Orguss has nice - clicky - joints. Floppy will no do at this price point . . .

post-8486-0-84908500-1426606321_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-03293400-1426606326_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-07778700-1426606329_thumb.jpg

Cool. It has that vibe from the old Takatoku box. ;) Still happy with the PO. But still the price is the main drawback of this one. But I'm excited to see an Olson variant down the road as well. And hoping the price will go down a bit. :D

By the way, this is the only time I notice the potruding 'locking tab' on the forearm.

I'm not convinced this will sell well enough to get any other versions.

The HLJ pre-order page is still open. When things are hot, don't they usually close pre-orders?

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG81807/Act

True. Just want to be on the positive side here for Olson or CF version as well. Hope it will sell. I'm thinking as same as VF-0D. Up to the month of its release, some site still offering PO. Let's hope it will sell so that they have the option on making the other variants or release Nikick just to complete the main mechas. ;) If not, I'm just glad that there's a new Orguss figure that's almost anime-accurate. :)

It's pretty expensive.

Whats the diecast content?

I remember there's some photos before that shows the diecast content. But it's safe to assume that most of the joints are diecast. :)

Only 8 months till Black Friday!!! :rolleyes:

If that happens, the sale for this figure, I'll buy another one. Assuming they're not gonna release Olson or CF variants. :D

• 2 weeks later...