Maybe the 1/40 transformable kits will be reissued again. There is absolutely no way in H33L that I'm dropping that kind of scratch for this toy, although I'd like to have one. ¥20000 would've been pushing the limits on the reasonable-O-meter; for ¥35000+S&H, they can keep it.

AmiAmi already posted their PO page

List Price: Y37800

AmiAmi Price: Y29860

US Price: $249.53 (2014-12-03 Conversion Rate)

Late March 2015 Release

Pre-painted Complete Posable Figure
Size: Approx. 18cm

Set Contents:
-Main figure
-Display base

[First Release Bonus]
-Special booklet (8 pages)

post-5552-0-24514000-1417621983_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-11118400-1417621993_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-26353700-1417622002_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-03480900-1417622012_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-08661900-1417622022_thumb.jpg

With the current conversion rate, I'm glad it's not $300. ^_^ Though that price posted were before S&H. Guess, we just need to use Registered SAL then to save a few bucks. <_<

And for sure, this is sub par than the Palm Action thingy which goes about $199 over eBay. I just need to study and justify the Y35000=18cm ratio. Oh well, need to close my eyes again... -_-

Edited by no3ljm

Good for you technoblue. I'm still undecided if I will click the PO button. Still have lots of paying to do up to early next year to add this one now. :unsure:

Btw, what's the rep of AmiAmi when it comes to cancellation? I haven't cancelled anything with them yet so this is my first time if ever I dive into this PO splunge. I know they don't accept cancellations but do they lock your account if ever you didn't pay your PO the first time around?

Also, are you going to check currency update prior of March just in case Yen will get strong again by next year? If so, are you going to pay immediately once you found out that it's going up again?

. . . yet

LoL. True.

Good for you technoblue. I'm still undecided if I will click the PO button. Still have lots of paying to do up to early next year to add this one now. :unsure:

Btw, what's the rep of AmiAmi when it comes to cancellation? I haven't cancelled anything with them yet so this is my first time if ever I dive into this PO splunge. I know they don't accept cancellations but do they lock your account if ever you didn't pay your PO the first time around?

Yeah. I understand that position all too well. In order to justify this figure, I'll be selling off a few impulse buys that have been lingering MISB. For whatever reason, I couldn't get into them and will try to get some of that money back. February and March will be expensive if all the big items I have on order make their release date and I'm caught with a low PayPal balance.

To date, I haven't cancelled an order with AmiAmi either, so I have no experience with their policy on that or on missed payments.

Also, are you going to check currency update prior of March just in case Yen will get strong again by next year? If so, are you going to pay immediately once you found out that it's going up again?

Wise. ;) For me, a lot will depend on timing, especially with my own end of the year expenses. If the exchange rate starts to turn around in favor of the yen again, then I'll see what I can do. But if it only bounces around fractions of a cent, then I may just leave everything alone.

Edited by technoblue

I just hope the yen will still remains by March. I want to wish that it will go down more. But if ever that happens, we know that it's not good, economy-wise. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I made this mock-up via Photoshop to see how big the figure standing besides our most loved collection -- the 1/60 v2 VF-1 Valks. I searched for a proper shot that resembles somehow the angle the Orguss photo was taken. So I found this VF-1S Hikaru valk photo.

post-5552-0-72536900-1417650756_thumb.jpg

Photo 1. The 1/60 scaled VF-1S stands about 21.5cm I believe up to the top of his head. Let's assume that the 18cm height mark of the Orguss is also by the top of his head. That height rest somewhere between the black and red stripe on the VF-1S chest. Which IMO, it looks good together. And looking at it, I feel like I want to hit the PO button ASAP since it favors on the Valks I want to collect, light colored (white) Valks that has black and red stripes. ^_^

post-5552-0-46794200-1417650769_thumb.jpg

Photo 2. I blow up the 1/60 scaled VF-1S to match the height of a 1/48 Yamato Valk. And that's somewhere I believe around 26.4cm(?). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Now based on this photo since the Orguss is mentioned as a 18cm figure, that's roughly around 1/48 scale based on tech spec of the anime show. Now standing besides the 1/48 Valk it shows how small the cockpit is. Funny since the figure is not anime or line art accurate but it's just something they redesigned to make the Orguroid proportion. Which IMHO, it looks great. Btw, I'm not complaining here. It's more like mentioning what I noticed based on the size given. ;)

Overall, I really do like the size if it's going to stand and displayed besides my 1/60 scaled red and black striped VF-1S/A Valks. Now, all I need to think about is if the price is really worth the size. :lol:

Edit: Oh, how I wish the arm can also raise up like this.

post-5552-0-89872100-1417651759_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I just hope the yen will still remains by March. I want to wish that it will go down more. But if ever that happens, we know that it's not good, economy-wise. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I made this mock-up via Photoshop to see how big the figure standing besides our most loved collection -- the 1/60 v2 VF-1 Valks. I searched for a proper shot that resembles somehow the angle the Orguss photo was taken. So I found this VF-1S Hikaru valk photo.

attachicon.gifVF1-160_Orgroid-148.jpg

Photo 1. The 1/60 scaled VF-1S stands about 21.5cm I believe up to the top of his head. Let's assume that the 18cm height mark of the Orguss is also by the top of his head. That height rest somewhere between the black and red stripe on the VF-1S chest. Which IMO, it looks good together. And looking at it, I feel like I want to hit the PO button ASAP since it favors on the Valks I want to collect, light colored (white) Valks that has black and red stripes. ^_^

attachicon.gifVF1-148_Orgroid-148.jpg

Photo 2. I blow up the 1/60 scaled VF-1S to match the height of a 1/48 Yamato Valk. And that's somewhere I believe around 26.4cm(?). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Now based on this photo since the Orguss is mentioned as a 18cm figure, that's roughly around 1/48 scale based on tech spec of the anime show. Now standing besides the 1/48 Valk it shows how small the cockpit is. Funny since the figure is not anime or line art accurate but it's just something they redesigned to make the Orguroid proportion. Which IMHO, it looks great. Btw, I'm not complaining here. It's more like mentioning what I noticed based on the size given. ;)

Overall, I really do like the size if it's going to stand and displayed besides my 1/60 scaled red and black striped VF-1S/A Valks. Now, all I need to think about is if the price is really worth the size. :lol:

Edit: Oh, how I wish the arm can also raise up like this.

attachicon.gifscreenshot.jpg

:ohmy:

:hail:

HobbySearch also posted their PO page

List Price: Y35000
HobbySearch Price: Y31500
US Price: $262.79 (2014-12-03 Conversion Rate)

Late March 2015 Release

So far, AmiAmi has the good PO price. ;)

For this price it should be bigger and have a more detailed and to scale cockpit that opens and closes with fully colored pilot. Would be cool if Arcadia did it up in 1/48 scale with a sweet cockpit.

If that happens, I just hope Arcadia will not charge Y35000 something for it too. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

HobbySearch also posted their PO page

List Price: Y35000

HobbySearch Price: Y31500

US Price: $262.79 (2014-12-03 Conversion Rate)

Late March 2015 Release

So far, AmiAmi has the good PO price. ;)

Indeed. HLJ also has a pre-order page up with the standard 10% discount.

List Price: ¥35000

HLJ Price: ¥31500

It will be interesting to see what amiami charges for shipping. I chose regular air mail, since I don't mind waiting.

Went and did the darn pre-order with HLJ. ONly the second time I've ever done a PO.

Fingers crossed I don't regret this . . .

you can always cancel hlj if you change your mind before its released. i kinda want this, i just don';t $260ish plus shipping want it. i kinda wish bandai had this license and did a dx chogokin web exclusive for $140ish. hehe

What?? Argh, I didn't hear anything about this event!! And now it's over... :(

Of interest -- That description panel says that the height will be around the same as the old Takatoku toy.

I hope that's true. Since they're announcing this as 18cm tall and not 21cm. Hope they decided to resize it before production. 1/40 is a lot cooler than 1/48. ;)

Anybody else notice the knees look like CF VF-1A heads?

Otherwise looks good, just not at that price.

You're right. It really looks like VF-1A. TV-styled heads. :lol: And true. Only the price is the killer here.

I hope this remains available for a few months. I've actually talked myself into being OK with the price but after MP Star Saber and the VF-0D hit it's going take my wallet a while to recover enough to handle the Orgroid.

Same situation here. And hope price goes down as well after release. :rolleyes: But, I might, in the end join the PO bandwagon just to secure a copy. :unsure:

Man that thing is awesome but ridiculously priced.

Totally agree. And it's not even Arcadia. :lol:

If it ever goes on sale for half off, then I'll buy a single one. And don't forget, there are also the Orguss II Olson special and the Brown Orguss 2 for mold milking purposes, with very few unit specific parts, as possible future releases...

Edited by mechaninac

Don't know what to do about this, I used to have a little Orguss toy that I always kept with the Robotech stuff. I thought it was a cool design but had no idea what it was, never saw the show. This thing brings back some of the nostalgia and I like the design but Megahouse isn't known for their products staying in one piece. Plus that's a lot of money right after the 0D...