Not taking any chances with this selling out again, so I PO'd the reissue and the Olson variant. I find myself gravitating towards '80's and '90's mecha figures...I just don't understand the newer designs that are out there *shrugs*

Not taking any chances with this selling out again, so I PO'd the reissue and the Olson variant. I find myself gravitating towards '80's and '90's mecha figures...I just don't understand the newer designs that are out there *shrugs*

Macross included? Looking at Frontier and Delta. :ph34r: Hehehe. :lol:

Anyways, good for you on your Orguss decision. I know the figure is so expensive but once you get it, you'll know that it's worth it. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Pre-ordered myself a second "just in case" copy of Megahouse's Orguss re-pop.

meg82106_7_1459838954.jpg?v=1459838954

I hope this Sticker sheet is a hint at what else we can hope for out of Megahouse.

Edited by warrhead

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd love to get both, but there's no way I'm going to fork over that kind of scratch... made that much more painful by the lousy exchange of late. I'll have to make do with the old Imai 1/40ish transformable kits, if/when I ever get around to tackling them.

Is there any difference in the reissue v. the original version? It would be kind of cool if it had a different color canopy green or amber like the old Takatuko releases.

I don't remember if they mentioned something special about the reissues. My safe bet would be is that it will not include the 8-page booklet that came with the first release.

I wonder if the weather is affecting shipments. If that's the case I feel a little silly whining about my toy while people are getting pummeled by a monsoon.

Edited by warrhead

I wonder if the weather is affecting shipments. If that's the case I feel a little silly whining about my toy while people are getting pummeled by a monsoon.

Yours already shipped sir? I didn't get any payment request yet from HLJ. What store did you preorder?

I need one of those "it's happening" gifs. :yahoo: I received my payment request for Olson's Orguss from amiami last night.

Edit: Shipping was fair. EMS is around $30US, but I went with DHL which was closer to $25 and I offset that price with some points that I still had saved up. IIRC, Registered SAL was around $15, but I didn't want to wait too long for my new Orguss to arrive. ;) The final total was about what I paid for Kei's Orguss, and given the exchange rate I'm okay with it.

Edited by technoblue

And...that was fast. :D I got my DHL shipping notice from amiami today. The blue Orguss should he here Friday. I'm guessing the rest of you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Good to hear. HLJ's page shows it in stock, so it won't be too long here either. Look's like you'll be the first one here to get it... would you mind posting your impressions of it when you get the chance?

Good to hear. HLJ's page shows it in stock, so it won't be too long here either. Look's like you'll be the first one here to get it... would you mind posting your impressions of it when you get the chance?

Sure. I'll post some initial impressions this weekend. If I get some extra time, I'll try to fit in a comparison of Olson's Orguss with Kei's.

Got a payment request today from HLJ. :yahoo:

Looking forward to your early impression, technoblue. I'm just waiting for another item before I shipped out all the stuff from PW.

Sad to say that after that initial reaction of the payment request my wallet needs some long rest. VF-1S and Orguss in a month. :cray:

Edited by no3Ljm

Got a payment request today from HLJ. :yahoo:

Looking forward to your early impression, technoblue. I'm just waiting for another item before I shipped out all the stuff from PW.

Sad to say that after that initial reaction of the payment request my wallet needs some long rest. VF-1S and Orguss in a month. :cray:

Yeah, I'm with ya' I'm keeping mine in my PW at HLJ until a few other things trickle in.

Thanks in advance technoblue!!!

Update: The package arrived on time yesterday, but today was busier than I expected. If I don't post something this evening, then I should have something posted tomorrow. Short story: Sorry about the wait. :sorry:

Take your time sir. No pressure. ;):drinks:

Edited by no3Ljm

All right! Time to take a look at Olson's Orguss II. Like Kei's Orguss, the first characteristics that I was impressed by out of the box were the weight and the paint applications. One minor point of note is that the instructions and decal sheet might be tucked away behind a piece of cardboard. If they don't fall out when you slide out the trays, then you might have to hunt around for them in the box. Just pull everything out of there, then you'll find them.

Anyway, once I decided to stop just staring at it, I moved the joints around. I don't remember how Kei's Orguss was out of the box, but Olson's joints are super tight and one particular nasty double joint below the shoulder pads on the arms just plain got me nervous.

post-5492-0-63502500-1473040875_thumb.png

Luckily, it looks like there are screws that are easily accessible, so I might try to loosen them to see if that helps to make moving that spot in Orgroid mode less of a test of my anxiety levels. Those familiar with Kei's Orguss will notice that the head sculpt is different for Olson's ride. It has the same articulation as Kei's (limited range up/down/side-to-side), but be careful of the antenna when posing since the whole area has a different configuration. I didn't see any replacement antenna in the box.

And another thing you should be aware of are the gap-filling flap pieces that fold out around the Orgroid head. These tuck away when transforming from Orgroid to the other modes. Just note that it can be a chore to put them back into place.

post-5492-0-30792700-1473041258_thumb.png

I did find one blemish on my copy. It has bit of flashing where the visor comes down over the head. It was interfering with the transformation slightly, but it was easy to fix. It was the only blemish that I found on the toy. Also, I love how the red catches the light. I'm a sucker for effects like that. ^_^

Gerwalk and Flyer modes look the most like Kei's Orguss, despite the color and armaments. I wasn't remembering the trick to place the weapons on the hardpoints, though, so Olson's Orguss looks a little empty in my Gerwalk/Flyer pics. The feet have similar articulation to Kei's: a very fluid ankle rocker (maybe a tiny bit loose on my copy), but a back and forth ankle hinge that is nice and tight.

post-5492-0-72313800-1473041881_thumb.pngpost-5492-0-79484700-1473041900_thumb.png

Oh, and you do get the pilot gimmick just like before. It's a nice cockpit and appears to have the HUD, but little Orson is trapped inside there...forever... :ph34r::p

post-5492-0-33613600-1473042058_thumb.png

Flyer looks sweet, especially in the blue/gold/yellow/black paint scheme of Olson's Orguss. It has a nice contrast to Kei's white/beige/red/black version. The darker tones give it almost a stealthy appearance. Again, like Kei's Orguss, the accent color (gold versus beige) is done in a matte finish, whereas the other colors have a gloss to them. My only so-so comment on this mode is that it took me a while to transform the arms since the joints were so tight, and I don't know if I got them 100%, but it looks good enough. ;)

post-5492-0-82274300-1473043526_thumb.pngpost-5492-0-22967300-1473043611_thumb.png

Okay. That's it for today. Tank mode will have to wait until later. Minus the nitpicks I mentioned, I'm really liking this release. And for me, it would be an easy toy to recommend. Definitely a win for those who are fans of the show. Here's hoping MegaHouse teases more mecha from the show.

Edited by technoblue

Awesome post! Thank you. These will have to tide me over until I ship mine. I was worried that I wouldn't like it as much as my 1/40 due to a few nit-picks I saw in the promo pics but these make me like it a lot more. Again, Thanks!

B-

Thanks for the early review, technoblue! Can't wait to have mine. ^_^

Question though, how was the head antennaes? Solid ABS plastic I assumed? When you said be careful, is it more like careful when transforming it? Prone to breakage somehow? Like one wrong move -- *insert crack sound here* kind of thing?

Anyways, looking forward to it and hopefully they decide to release the Orguss CF next time and Nickick too. ^_^

I got this release too. I was really surprised by the size of the piece; it is much larger than I expected. Has a good heft, too. It will look great displayed next to a 1/60 Valkyrie.

I second technoblue's advice to be careful about the antennae. Mine popped off as soon as I took it out of the box. There was no trouble replacing it, but it took some hunting around on the floor to find it. I did find that some of the joints are not as tight as I would like -- the ankles, in particular.

Thanks for the early review, technoblue! Can't wait to have mine. ^_^

Question though, how was the head antennaes? Solid ABS plastic I assumed? When you said be careful, is it more like careful when transforming it? Prone to breakage somehow? Like one wrong move -- *insert crack sound here* kind of thing?

The antennaes can move forward and back for transformation and are somewhat pliable side-to-side. As with Kei's Orguss that section hides away in Flyer and Gerwalk mode. The instructions show how to tuck each of the antenna in without stressing them. You will want to be careful not to bend it out of shape or stress it.

I was thinking that if you stress them too far they could break or lose their shape, but I didn't know that they would also pop off. Anyway, it appears that these are not fixed soild pieces that would crack easily like MP-10 Oprimus Prime's antennaes, or the VF-1 head lasers, which I think are more unforgiving.

Edited by technoblue

Thanks for the review technoblue! One question I do have is about the condition of the hip joints. I remember one reviewer said that the hip joints on his copy was wobbly - that is, when you pick up the figure from an A-stance, the legs will collapse together due to the weight of the die-cast. Is this the same for the Olson version?

Edited by whitestar

No. I don't have hip joints that are so wobbly the legs are flopping around or that lose their pose when I pick up the toy. That said, the joints themselves are friction joints and not ratchet joints. I believe friction joints will loosen over time if you transform the toy often, but there are ways to tighten the joints again when that happens.

The antennaes can move forward and back for transformation and are somewhat pliable side-to-side. As with Kei's Orguss that section hides away in Flyer and Gerwalk mode. The instructions show how to tuck each of the antenna in without stressing them. You will want to be careful not to bend it out of shape or stress it.

I was thinking that if you stress them too far they could break or lose their shape, but I didn't know that they would also pop off. Anyway, it appears that these are not fixed soild pieces that would crack easily like MP-10 Oprimus Prime's antennaes, or the VF-1 head lasers, which I think are more unforgiving.

Thanks for the reply technoblue. I'll take note of this once my copy arrives. Hopefully tomorrow. So excited for new toys obviously. Hehehe. :lol:

Now, I really wish that they will release the CF ones. Even if there's no Nickick in the future, it's nice just to complete the whole Orguss line. Doing so, probably they will just need to create new mold for the head and the sides of the legs same as Olson's. I'm IN again for another Y35000. :rolleyes: