Why does Amiami have such an awesome price? It's almost enough to make me pull the trigger

I know, right, maybe they got a volume discount?

I haven't ordered anything from AmiAmi in a while, but there you go. ;)

Edited by technoblue

I'm conflicted about if I should order Olson's. Sure, the first Orguss was nice, but that price... And Olson's is not as iconic. Although, I would be able to have another mode on display at the same time, which is nice.

As for the CF Orguss II... Well, I hope the Nikick or the Ishkick comes first. Then I'm likely so invested in the line that the completionist in me will make it a no-brainer.

Edited by Lorindor

Wow 5400yen EMS shipping for NY. Anyone know what amiami's shipping will be?

I paid Y2880 EMS from AmiAmi for my Orguss.

thanks for making this list :)

Hey David! You're welcome. Planning to get one as well? ;)

So, both the Orguss and the Olson are pitched as "first releases" as they both include special first release bonuses. I suppose that means a second release is soon on its way for both. I can't find a specific release or PO date or anything, but I am tempted to cancel my PO for the Olson if I can get a NIB Orguss for the same price down the road. The Olson is cool and all, but I really dig the Orguss color scheme. Anybody heard confirmation this is the case?

So, both the Orguss and the Olson are pitched as "first releases" as they both include special first release bonuses. I suppose that means a second release is soon on its way for both. I can't find a specific release or PO date or anything, but I am tempted to cancel my PO for the Olson if I can get a NIB Orguss for the same price down the road. The Olson is cool and all, but I really dig the Orguss color scheme. Anybody heard confirmation this is the case?

No official word on "second releases". From what I remember and understand during the first Orguss release bonuses is it came with the first batch releases. And if ever they did release a second batch of Orguss after the first batch got sold weeks or months after, I assumed that it did still have the initial price though without the bonus and it still got sold out after that. NY still have the first Orguss but for a marked up price. But you'll never know if ever they're going to reissue the first Orguss down the line. Hope for the best. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As an Orguss fan, I think it is worth the price. For a more casual fan, I wouldn't want to assume too much because the price is high. The toy is definitely well built and comes out of the box with only a few minor niggles. I would rank the quality well above bar. But you don't have to take my word for it, here are some other opinions: ;)

Noel remarked that the Orguss reminded him of a Bandai DX release. Here is his review where he stood the Orguss next to a v2 VF-1:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40648&p=1191112

DarrinG also provided some excellent photos with a few more opinions on it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40648&p=1192052

Later on, he adds some with Tamashii explosion effects.

Edited by technoblue

Looking to grab Kei's Hi-Spec Orguss soon. For folks who have it, it seems to be a pretty nice figure?

Not just pretty. It's awesome. :wub:

The previous Orguss release was a slam dunk, yes?

If you meant it as a sure thing, then yes it is. ;)

My question is, are they $325 good?

It's really hard to say if it is or not for that price point. First of all, there's nothing or same thing to compare to, not like Macross Valks it has a lot of variations to compare to once in awhile. But if the old Takatoku 1/40 Orguss figure is priced atleast $200-250 on secondary market nowadays, then I rather get this one for $300. Which is the same amount I paid shipped from AmiAmi. And to be honest, the only complain that I really have about this release is just the price. :unsure: But everything else? After playing with the figure for months. It's all perfect for me. (Not to mention those slightly loose joints that I have right OOTB.) :rolleyes: And if ever this one end one in discount bins for $200? I'll go out and buy another one and keep it MISB. ;)

As an Orguss fan, I think it is worth the price. For a more casual fan, I wouldn't want to assume too much because the price is high. The toy is definitely well built and comes out of the box with only a few minor niggles. I would rank the quality well above bar. But you don't have to take my word for it, here are some other opinions: ;)

Noel remarked that the Orguss reminded him of a Bandai DX release. Here is his review where he stood the Orguss next to a v2 VF-1:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40648&p=1191112

DarrinG also provided some excellent photos with a few more opinions on it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40648&p=1192052

Later on, he adds some with Tamashii explosion effects.

Ditto. ;)

Thanks for the extra link

Did the same thing b

No prob - just doing my part to tempt others to over-spend on toys.

Crud! I resisted the temptation to order the original Orguss release, but Megahouse is not making it easy to keep my discipline... I still think this thing is way too overpriced, but it does look super nice.

*ahem* - It looks amazing, and all of the feedback sold me. Just go ahead and order one.

-b.

Adding Nippon-Yasan link here as well: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/16989-variable-action-high-spec-orguss-reissue.html

Crud! I resisted the temptation to order the original Orguss release, but Megahouse is not making it easy to keep my discipline... I still think this thing is way too overpriced, but it does look super nice.

*ahem* - It looks amazing, and all of the feedback sold me. Just go ahead and order one.

-b.

Yes. It really does look super nice. And it's really worth it IMHO. There's no other company who's making it so better grab one now. ^_^

P1140546_zpsyjsau66r.jpg

Just a quick query of anyone who got the original release Orguss through HLJ: How much did they charge for shipping, EMS and/or FedEx? N-Y, Amiami, and HobbySearch are all cheaper options upfront, but once you factor in shipping... N-Y, for example, wants 6150 yen for SAL Registered, 6800 yen for EMS. :wacko:

It's a stretch that I can get one of these as I have tons of other pre-orders, but I ordered one from HLJ anyway. Oh and btw if you are rich they are allowing 20x per order :lol:

I personally like the red/white Orguss over the Orguss II olson special. It could be my bias though as the Orguss showed up in Macross ;)

Edited by Loop

Just a quick query of anyone who got the original release Orguss through HLJ: How much did they charge for shipping, EMS and/or FedEx? N-Y, Amiami, and HobbySearch are all cheaper options upfront, but once you factor in shipping... N-Y, for example, wants 6150 yen for SAL Registered, 6800 yen for EMS. :wacko:

Sorry sir. Got mine from AmiAmi. But just to give you idea how much I paid for EMS over AmiAmi is Y2880.

The original size and weight is 27.3 x 18.3 x 10.5 cm / 836g so its very similar to a DX chogokin Valkyrie . If you add in the packaging and shipping box , it should be around 1650g estimate total . Unless there's a free huge 1000g display stand that comes with this release that no one knows about , I would say N-Y over estimate this one big time . The price before shipping on HLJ should be very close to the Shipped price from AmiAmi , hobbysearch , anime-export . Etc.

Preordered but aren't they self sabotaging their Olson release which is a month earlier. A lot of people were ordering that one because they missed out on the orginal release. I know it did for me. I can't afford to get both and keep up with my macross releases.

Preordered but aren't they self sabotaging their Olson release which is a month earlier. A lot of people were ordering that one because they missed out on the orginal release. I know it did for me. I can't afford to get both and keep up with my macross releases.

Maybe. I think it's great for those who missed the first release and now have the opportunity to pick up Kei's Orguss. If you can swing the price, though, I think both will be worth having. I'm lucky that I already have Kei's so I don't have to work out a plan on buying both back to back now.

I got way too much stuff on order so I am also skipping the Olson release. Wish I could collect these too, but I way too many other toys that I want. Maybe we get luck and they reissue the Olson when the next one is announced.