Have you collected the right valk to get final satisfaction?

VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Hello Guys..Well, like most of you, I became Macross fan since the 80´s, with Robotech appearing on T.V., since these days I had always dreamed of owning a beautiful Hikaru/RIck VF-1 Valkyrie, My dream came true 2 years ago when I purchased my VF-1S with super parts by Yamato, previously I had seen it on the DYRL movie but now as an adult, and since Yamato toys were/are kind of expensive and I thought I would buy only one, and I also thought it was the "Superior Valkyrie" I chose it. I really love this toy, but recently a feeling of insatisfaction has appeared on me, I feel my inner child has not gotten the valk he really wanted I think that could be the VF-1J or the VF-1D, the ones I watched on Robotech show as a child so, I would like to know if you guys have ever felt like this or if you have finally gotten satisfaction with a particular valk. How was it? .It would be interesting to know your story...

For Most Macross Zombies there is no final Valk, only anticipation of the next

Yeah, pretty much this.

When you get your grail, it only means that you're gonna start pining after a new one a few days after haha. :D

I thought that a 1A CF and an 11B were all I ever wanted, but all buying them did was open the floodgates.

When the Arcadia YF-19 arrives, that'll satisfy me for quite a long time.

The same here. I will take a break after I get the Ozma YF-29 and Arcadia YF-19. I will not be buying the VF-30 mainly because their is no back story other than a video game. Also if Arcadia does make the VF-0D I will pass on that as well. So yeah I guess I hit my limit. May just buy fast pack if for my VF-25a if I have loose change around the house.

There is no satisfying my Macross itch. I have all of the v2's from Yamato except for the Bird of prey and the yellow destroid defender. I have even branched out in to the Renewal Bandai's and have all of those releases. Honestly once you start you always looking forward and not at what you have now lol. Yoda would smack me!

Ditto to what most everyone has already responded with. And even if, or when, you think you've collected that "one" something else gets announced and released and you're right back to square one.

Add to that the almost constant revisions and re-releases with updates and fixes and etc. you're hooked for life. Hell I'm guessing that 90% of my discretionary budget goes into Macross.

-b.

someone posted an almost similar thread a long time ago :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=1989

$100+ for a valk was kinda the ceiling that time (1/48 VF-1) and that was before they released the 1/48 FP...then Yamato brought the 19, 21, SV-51, VF-0 bundle that pushed the ceiling even higher. And now is the era where a $200-ish (slighly low or high) is pretty common.

But regardless of the price increase, valkaholism may come and go...but the seed will be sown down deep in your nuggin, the moment you get your first valk..

Cheers! you wont be satisfied and you're nuts! as we all are.. :lol:

I thought I was done with valks after getting a 1/48 Strike Hikaru VF-1S, but then the ver. 2 1/60s came out, then the 1/60 Mac Plus valks showed up, and more recently the VF-4G. Mac Frontier valks never got my love, so after getting the VF-4G, I would been perfectly happy with not getting anymore valks...then the new YF-19 was announced. It's a downward spiral, but it's a great ride.

There are also some quasi-pragmatic reasons to buy additional valks. If you buy a nice display cabinet or book case to display your toys, but find you don't have large enough of a collection, you leave big empty spaces that look unattractive. Also, I'm big on symmetry, so sometimes I'll get a toy so it can fill a spot that I think will help balance the look of the display. I don't have a very big collection compared to some on this board, but I've managed to get almost all of the "must have" items for me. At this point I'm mainly picking up stuff that I think will fill out some holes in my display, and/or stuff that I can pick up at a bargain.

Not as long as companies keep producing them. I'll keep succumbing to the 'Check Out' button as long as there is something new or an improved version of the same ole thing.

Also, I doubt that anyone who comes to this forum is done. Maybe done for a bit, but not done for good.

I actually have 4 main wants that actually got me started.

1) DYRL Skull Squadron - got it

2) VE-1 & VT-1 - got the VE-1

3) Nora's SV-51 - got the CF though, I'd wait for a reissue or improvements.

4) VF-1J w Armor Parts - I keep missing this *rage*!

So I've achieved a little less than half of that so far. But even if I end up getting those eventually, I dont think I'll stop collecting.

Edited by close313

I don't see there being some kind of "ultimate valk".

Even so, when such things exist, they don't necessarily stop me from pursuing any further along the same lines. (I've still bought more CZs even after acquiring what I consider to be the "holy grail" of sorts for handguns, an original short-rail CZ75, a few years back.)

Unless they make a functioning 1:1. That would be the final then.

Or if it doesn't have perfect transformation.

On topic, I've restricted myself to getting only those that I really want and appeal to me most so I've been satisfied with my purchases. Only ones I'm missing are the 0, 19 and a DX 25 (have the bandai 25 kit). Been wanting one since I knew about Macross toys but didn't have the funds for the first releases. After those, I might spend on stuff if I have extra money or they really, really appeal to me, else I wouldn't.

As far as my inner child is concerned, he always wanted and never got a 1/55 Roy, but now that I have one as an adult the inner child has been satisfied. :)

As for my outer manchild...I see myself always buying the VF-1, any new transforming version, from any company, until the day I die. It's my favorite transforming mech design, over any other. I never grow tired of it. While many VF-1 toys are excellent, and some are close enough to be perfect, I love exploring each new rendition to see what it has done differently, even on the not-so-great versions. I'm fascinated by that.

The "ultimate" toy I've been dreaming about for years that I hope we will see someday is a 1:18 scale transforming VF-1 with articulated pilots, ratcheting joints and lots of detail in the cockpit.

Edited by eriku

my inner child ALWAYS wanted the VF-1D. I got it, twice over actually (one is a mISB backup). however, once you get 1 vf-1. there are never enough. each one is just to stave off the hunger until th next hits. its...and endless hunger. i feel less this way about other vf designs though. the VF-1 is special and unique. it will forever remain that way, much the same way a G1 optimus is to transformers fans.

I'm positive a V3 can't be more than 5-7 years away and we'll do this all over again. all of this has happened before and it'll happen agan.....lol

If there was an "ultimate valk", it'd be a renewal 1:48 vf-1 or maybe a supersized 1:24 scale vf-1 (actually yes that is my answer a supersize 1:24), complete with high end paint applications, a good amount of cold, heavy smartly used diecast, 100% accuracy on all 3 modes, improved articulation, high quality plastics, a myriad of gimmicks including electronics, and articulated pilot, and mimay figure, acessories up to wazoo, and come with it sown mini diarama. i'd pay ~$1500 for one. oh and it'd be a vf-1d.

Edited by Mechapilot77

i'm pretty near complete in my collection and now it's a matter of display space in my cabinets than the actual valks itself. if i'm missing a hole in my display because i need a particular valk, then i'll be interested. But for now as every new release comes out, i literally don't have a space to put it, so i won't buy it.

like, i actually just bought the YF-29 Isamu and i'm kind of regretting it since it doesn't really belong anywhere in my collection. no more space in the frontier shelves, and it's currently a place holder for the new Arcadia YF-19 and when that comes, i'll have to decide where to put it or get rid of it... le sigh

I have the Max 1J and 1A from SDFM, those were always my Holy Grails and I'm happy I have them now. I just happen to have very broad tastes and appreciate almost all of the Valk designs for one reason or another. To be honest, my holy grail is a Perfect Transformation SDFM SDF-1. I don't have one of those.

The trick is to establish grails that will never EVER get made so you'll always have that theoretical hole in your collection that will keep you going.

Nonsense. I'm sure somebody will come to their senses soon enough and release a 1/60 VF-11MAXL, VF-17T, and a few Elgerzorenes.

When the Arcadia YF-19 arrives, that'll satisfy me for quite a long time.

Yea this is how I feel too. Not that I'll stop collecting mind you, but if I could no longer collect I would be glad to end it with the YF-19

The trick is to establish grails that will never EVER get made so you'll always have that theoretical hole in your collection that will keep you going.

Haha scratch the above. Still holding out for a VF-9