Hi, for those who have purchased from Buyee, can you tell me how it worked out for you? I bid and won an auction yesterday. It seems the seller in Japan ships the item to a broker, who then ships it to the US. Is that process pretty transparent? How much did the broker charge for shipping? The item I won was a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru.

Seller ships to buyee's warehouse. Once buyee has it with them, they'll ship it to you once you tell them to.

Seller shipping varies and you can get a rough idea of their shipping rates on the auction page itself. Be sure to at least check what's the maximum that you might have to pay as you won't know how much their domestic shipping will cost for you. You can only find out how much the total shipping charges are - seller to buyee (domestic) and buyee to you (international) - once it arrives with buyee. That's the total shipping charge that you'll have to pay.

Hope that helps.

Additional notes:

- if the seller is a store, add 5% of the auction price as consumption tax to the shipping fees paid to buyee when you finally have it shipped to you.

- buyee's warehouse is in the kanto region, check the auction description for the seller's rates to that area. The lowest domestic shipping I've encountered was 480 yen, highest was around 1200 yen

- buyee's international shipping rates strictly follow EMS rates (for packages which can be shipped by EMS)

- if your package arrives and has "protective packaging recommended" note, you can request them for photos to decide whether the seller's original packaging will withstand international shipping. They speak english well enough.

- you can adjust the invoice value for customs declaration to avoid paying taxes when it arrives at your country.