Kit bash 1/100 VF-1S

flayn80

I have been a lurker in this forum since I joined it. Always admiring the amazing work done on Macross kits and toys by fellow forumers. I was fortunately able to snipe off a bootleg 1/100 VF-1S toy off Ebay recently at a low price. But the previous owner had superglued every joints of the toy, rendering it untransformable.

I managed to removed most of the superglue and take apart the toy for restoration as in the picture:

VS-1S.jpg

Some parts damaged during the taking apart, namely the main wings, tailfins and shoulder hinges. That guy superglued every single part!

MainWings.jpg

cfbd429b-3068-4a6d-bbcb-aaf02b26ea47.jpg

Shoulderhinge.jpg

After searching through the forums and internet, I was thinking of kitbashing this toy with the bandai 1/100 VF-1S transforming kit from HLJ:

ban953432_0.jpg

image courtesy of HLJ.

Hopefully this will be a fun project and I can have a cheap "Hi-metal" VF-1S to play with:).

Meanwhile I am looking for other alternatives too, suggestion are most welcomed:). If anyone here have a spare 1/100 valk or spare parts to let go, do shoot me a PM too;)

Patiently waiting for the kit to arrive from Japan.

Sweet! Welcome to the wonderful world of Macross modelling/converting/kitbashing. :)

From what I gather there are some pretty decent choices available in 1/100 if that is your intended scale of choice. Lots of members have collections spanning scales and series, but I am a modeller who sticks to scale fidelity (1/72) due to the copious amounts of subject matter available!

Good to see you stepping off into the void with your purchase, I'll check in to see more later.

Edited by modelglue